1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Notice About GTOP and Vote Cash

Discussion in 'MapleLegends Announcements' started by Kimmy, Jan 25, 2021.

1. Tango

Tango Horny Mushroom

Feb 27, 2018
    Male
    6:10 PM
    Chronicles
    Paladin
    I say get rid of the whole "login to GTOP to vote" issue. One idea is to implement some system to where we, the players, only have to login to the MapleLegends website, and just by doing that it submits our GTOP vote and we get our NX for the day. I feel this would be a lot smoother rather than having us go to their website, go through a captcha and repeating the whole struggle just to see the words "you have already voted / proxy bot detected" even though you are voting for the first time today.

EDIT: In short, let us vote on maplelegends.com instead of gtop or topg's website.

2. OP
    OP
    Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    1:10 AM
    Moderator Post
    As stated in the post Voting will never go fully away. Also, people playing the game should be rewarded more by actually playing the game. It's kind of sad right now that they are not unless there are events.
    The whole purpose of voting on GTOP is to stay on the rankings, which bring us users. Removing the voting part makes it completely useless, and we may as well just run a script giving you 5,000 Vote Cash automatically at that point.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. Tango

Tango Horny Mushroom

Feb 27, 2018
    Male
    Chronicles
    Paladin
    I'm not saying let's not vote to get on the rankings. I'm saying let's just do it through maplelegends.com, and by doing that the vote for GTOP goes through via the website, and the rankings are still there.

4. Joker

Joker King Slime Retired Staff

Oct 20, 2020
    Male
    7:10 PM
    Sanji
    Buccaneer
    Nimbus
    A great opportunity to keep promoting the sense of community.
    -PQs
    The 3x EXP is a huge boost to PQs, but the later levels get highly overshadowed by grinding spots bc of the exp ratio. Therefore including chance for nx drops in certain stages or boss drops would highly increase the PQ attendance, which promotes to more friendships, which leads to a friendlier community.

-JQs
    Some people are better than others, but by putting a weekly cap on the amount you could do for NX prizes would encourage the less experienced JQers to seek help from more experienced ones and it would also increase the community factor of the game IMO.

I also agree on the nx in gacha instead of megaphones, which would also help the megaphone spam we sometimes receive.

• Like Like x 3
  5. CloudHeart

CloudHeart Red Snail

Sep 6, 2020
    12:10 AM
    Thats not how the system works, gtop allows us to vote and by doing so we see ads that generate them money, there is no way, no system nor any reason for gtop to allow maple legends to just bulk send votes in, as this would make gtop nothing.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Informative Informative x 2
  6. Zendriel

Zendriel Snail

Jul 24, 2020
    8:10 AM
    Zendriel
    Bishop, Assassin
    The message we try to deliver in short is the following
    • Voting is getting increasingly more frustrating
      Agreed but we believe you guys are doing what you can. keep up the good work. Suggest to either make AP resets cheaper or make your vote streak stays for up to a week instead of 2 days? i think its frustrating because most of us are trying to accumulate streaks to make our washing a little faster while we get some failed votes on our seperate accounts (time consuming, unreliable fix etc). However by increasing the streak to a week it gives us more margin for error and also spread out vote time more to create a less frustrating experience (eg. vote 2-3 accounts instead of 10 a day).

Making AP resets cheaper would be a very viable option as well.

• We feel we reached 'as far' on GTOP we can
      Number 2 is great but personally im not on royals because of the vote2win gachas and a little too high exp multiplier imo. People play this for a nostalgic mmorpg experience which is not as grindly as old maple but not crazy fast like new maple. Community will constantly grow. maybe introduce some other marketing platforms to boost playerbase etc.

• With an exception to events, there's no way to gain vote cash, which gives a feeling of being 'time-gated'
    • Agreed to have other means to gain vote cash. in game quest, milestones, repeatable weekly quests etc.
    • We are currently brainstorming on ideas for (temp) additions to gain Vote Cash while actually playing the game!
    • great idea. key word would be to have options for people who would want to accelerate nx gain. i think building a character over time in a game like this is natural. however would be good to make it more forgiving (i.e. cheaper AP resets, forgiving vote streaks retention, additional venues in/out of game for NX gains!)

Making dailies for NX gain and reducing cash rewards on vote wont work so well for the middle age group players as well. We all have daily life and work commitments.

7. OP
    OP
    Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    This is not possible I believe. They have very strict captcha and other checks that want you to be sure the voting is done there. Maybe inside a small frame, but that is ugly.

• Informative Informative x 1
  8. Japansy

Japansy Red Snail

Mar 24, 2019
    Male
    5:10 PM
    Japan
    Bowmaster
    Beaters
    - A login system(with a recurring bonus). This rewards players without having to go out of their way to redeem something. Since Kimmy wants to keep the voting aspect to help players accrue NX while taking a break from the game, I think this is a nice way to reward players who actively play and support the game.

- Allow NX tickets to drop outside of events as well and add a 500 & 1000 ticket. Larger = more rare.

- Host contests in the discord/website/in-game. Art contests, in-game themed outfit contests, cosplay contests, etc...

- Make quick surveys for players to fill out.

- Host in-game events more often or schedule them so more people can attend.

My bad on that post I made. New to the forums and didn't know lol.

9. CloudHeart

CloudHeart Red Snail

Sep 6, 2020
    12:10 AM
    Even doing it through a small frame, the same issues will still exists, gtop as a system is broken, and non of those systems can be changed by us, doing it through their own site, a frame, a web window etc will make 0 difference. all it would mean is not having to open a new tab for it.
    The whole point of Gtop (as you have stated) is for the influx of new people that will land on gtop to find themself a fun ms server to play on, for which gtop uses votes to rank servers. And in turn for us voting we are rewarded with something in game.
    Do i wish Gtop would get their act together? yes, do i wish they improved their site? yes, but this is unlikely to happen.

I think the voting system as is should stay, and be untouched, there is nothing ML can do to improve that, but lowering the rewards will only take away incentive from people to vote, and if anything we should atleast try to stay on second spot.
    I liked that ML added a secondary voting site that works better, and i think the rewards for that are fine as is as well (i guess if propper systems were to be implemented in game gtop could be lowered by maybe 2k, reuslting in 3k per vote which might still be enough for inactive player to go out of their way to vote).

Based on some of the suggestions i think allot of it can be implemented in some way to generate a more passive form of NX for active players while retaining the current way of voting for non players (although they don't result in activity, they alteast keep the server ranking up and that should defenitly be worth something).

I quite like the idea's of bosses being able to drop something that might be tradable for NX, this should ofcourse be balanced to some extent, but would reward long time players that have already reached the point of being able to boss.
    The catcha idea with replacing smega's for nx seems also a rather good idea, prevent some of the spam as people don't know wat to do with it otherwise, and instead gain some nx that could go towards wat ever they want (including smega's).
    I'm also a rather big fan of the idea that nx might drop outside of events, maybe a a lower rate, or just lower quantity of nx obtained per drop, but it would activily encurage playing/killing mobs.
    Pq's and Jpq's might also not be a bad idea, although i personally don't do it often, it would be a great tool to encourse some content to be more used, which in the long term would be nothing but healthy for the game overall.

I think the game could (with the right amount of balancing) defenitly include all of those suggestions, it would offer a wide range of options to gain NX within the game, for both new and old players while nothing compleetly negating inactive people as they do still account for a huge part of the monthly votes.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Annolis

Annolis Skelegon

Jul 20, 2015
    Male
    Southern California
    Marchilles/Annolis/ Atlan/Katroz/ Chokal/Corvack/Tisif/ Quallo/Crisilixin/Forg/ Nannosh/Tylius
    Crusader, White Knight, Dragon Knight, F/P Mage, I/L Mage, Priest, Ranger, Sniper, Hermit, Chief Bandit, Marauder, Outlaw
    Hood/Agape
    Just my experience, but every time GTOP tells me I already voted, I just hit F5 to refresh the page, do the CAPTCHA again and it takes.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  11. Tango

Tango Horny Mushroom

Feb 27, 2018
    Male
    Chronicles
    Paladin
    Regarding in-game NX, here's a few ideas that can work (some may have been suggested by others):

-Make high-level/expedition Bosses drop X amount of NX tickets (not the traditional 100/250, but maybe more along the lines of 500-1k+)
    -Make NX a party-oriented reward (if someone picks up a 250 NX ticket, everyone in the party gets 250 NX)
    ****This can also get rid of griefers stealing other peoples' boxes at PQ bonus stages and makes it a more cooperative effort
    -Give current NX given an interest rate boost (e.g. if you have any, or at least X amount of, NX left, you can gain a 1% increase by next reset / vote)

At the same time, I don't want to see too many options easily available to the point where voting is no longer a priority to gain NX since that will hurt our position on the rankings. These are just ideas I'm blabbering.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Xaple

Xaple King Slime

May 14, 2020
    Glad that this topic is being actively thought about now. The idea that this server is not Vote2Win is clearly absurd, it's actually just Vote2Play. Unless your idea of playing is shit posting with smegas and sitting in FM on a chair, you have to vote every single day on multiple accounts to effectively play the game at any meaningful endgame level. With the release of pink bean, just to fight the hardest boss you needs A YEAR of voting on an account just to wash enough HP to survive a single hit.

I don't know about others, but I can no longer even vote on GTOP on multiple accounts, I used to go on my phone every single night to vote on 6 different browsers so my Main, mule, future accounts, etc could have have cash and eventually one day play the actual game.
    Instead of trying to look at the problem from a voting problem, look at it from a vote cash problem. Why not check what 90% of all vote cash is being spent on, AP resets, owls, tele rocks? Instead of trying to trying to figure out how to balance in game vote cash why not balance how to get the most sough after cash items? 100 AP resets when you hit 4th job, 20 owls when you opened a shop for 5 days. Putting in another unnatural grind to replace the vote grind won't solve anything, hopefully that's not the route that is taken.

• Like Like x 1
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  13. cypepsi

cypepsi Slime

Oct 31, 2020
    DIamondback
    The big issue in my eyes as a Bish that plans to wash 10k~ hp w/o any savings of NX being level 12x rn - its tilting to rely on waiting 3 days for 1 level just to wash the MP.
    Not even saving for HP washings jet so yeah, tilting!
    I'd love if you find a way to reward NX another way and make people able wich run Bosses Daily to get atleast the NX to wash 1 level up /daily.. (HT, PB?)
    Also i understand that you need the Votings so dont lower them in the Ground! It would just be impossible to save then for a Proper Washed Attacker over saving NX by votings.

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. chunjiho518

chunjiho518 Blue Snail

Dec 31, 2020
    9:10 AM
    CHUNJIHO
    Cleric
    Let me introduce three popular methods in kms private server.

1.When the quest is cleared, a certain amount of nx is paid.

2. Allow meso to be turned into a cache.

3. When you clear a party quest, you receive a certain amount of cash.

If this method is combined with vote, I think that the problem of apr supply and demand will also be solved.

• Like Like x 1
  15. raysinz5

raysinz5 Mr. Anchor

Jul 1, 2015
    Male
    8:10 PM
    I/L Mage
    We can make the boss rush PQ relevant again by adding NX rewards after every 5 boss clears(except the last 2) similar to the summer event. Also, add a limit to how many times you can enter the PQ a day.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  16. porl

porl Mixed Golem

May 30, 2020
    Male
    11:10 AM
    Bishop, Night Lord, Buccaneer
    Pasta
    1) Create some sort of "referral" system, where people can have a "creator" code they can share with others. If these other, new players begin playing ML up to a certain point (say getting 2nd job or whatever, which could be verified on new pc/ip), then the original referrer gets a lump sum NX bonus. This would directly incentivise high effort promotion of the server in an honest way that isn't lazy, such as only having a stream up with no mic/cam/viewer interaction required (as mentioned in the OP).

2) Give milestone NX rewards for hitting certain streaks e.g. on 30/60/90/120 etc day streak, give a one-time progressively increasing NX bonus

3) Extend the voting streak from whatever it is now to much much longer, why should someone who has voted for 1 year + get the same daily NX as someone who has voted for ~30 days (or however long it is).

4) NX should be a global drop during the entire year. Having Gachapon be a global drop is nice, but the rewards are often too intangible and variable enough to feel like you are actually making any progress. If need be, make the drop rate from Mage ULTs abysmally low (like 1 every 6-8 hours or something)

5) Bossing needs to give some type of NX, even if it's small. At high levels it's virtually unrealistic to expect certain jobs to clear high level mobs efficiently with their weak mob damage.

• Like Like x 1
  17. yurain

yurain Windraider

Dec 30, 2019
    8:10 AM
    YUrain
    I/L Wizard
    I am commenting on the baseline that, voting as what we have now will not be stopped/reduced, it is only that less 2x vote event we are going to see (maybe the removal of the streak?).

Party quest. Seems to be an good idea overall, with a fixed amount of NX after each clear, and a bonus drop from the boss drop.
    With this you can see a lot of pure INT characters runnings kpq/lpq/op/ppq then, this might be a problem some what until ppl decides to create a pq mule to carry themselves.

Jump quest. I prefer to be not, as many people dont like jump quest that much. This will force people to play content they don't enjoy.
    After all, jump quest is not really meant for you to grind many many times over. Maybe a big fat first time clear NX bonus will be sufficient, but definitly not a daily one.

Normal questing. There seems to be the incoming of the quest ring, I am not sure double rewarding will be the way or not. And with a lot people already cleared their quest on their character, this means there needs to be a lot of back dating on this one.

Grinding mob. MageStory intensified. But yeah, someone pointed out before, you need to make drop rate of an archer to like 20x for them to match the effort value of a mage. Just compare the paper hunting process between a mage and an archer.

Bossing (not regional boss). This can be an extension on the party quest, since PQs are mostly level capped.

Skillbooks for NX. This helps to give even those most useless skillbooks some attentions at least, most of them are just left on the ground. Though there needs to be a cap on this to prevent mass buying of trash skillbooks and gaining 100k NX immediately.

Advertising wise, this gonna sound bad,downvote incoming is it possible to make people share ML to their social media account once a week/month for some bonus NX or something? This may net ML some new potential user base. You know those annoying FB games referrals....yeah that.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  18. fengstar

fengstar Orange Mushroom

Apr 21, 2020
    Male
    the bay
    Diggy
    Night Lord
    Twice
    To be honest, just keeping voting how it is and adding some other in game methods to obtain nx sounds nice.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  19. Mageor

Mageor Mr. Anchor

Nov 11, 2020
    Male
    Mageor,rawrsaur
    Dark Knight, Bishop
    Asylum
  20. Foxes

Foxes Dark Stone Golem

Sep 2, 2019
    It's great that this is getting aknoledged, and attention it deserves, same with washing. Sadly neither really even touches on the toxic hp washing zelotry side of the server. While you, as the owner can bring up your discontent without real worry of backlash, as a user, it's very frequent that users get treated negatively (anywhere from dislike / negative reply spam, to getting removed from guilds / social circles) simply for speaking out against the way washing is implemented (or other aspects). In fact, I'm not convinced the little I've said by bringing it up isn't enough to have a particularly zelous staff member remove it.

• Disagree Disagree x 1