1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

About PQ's

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Aero, Aug 9, 2015.

1. NSFW

NSFW Skelegon

Dec 11, 2014
    11:47 PM
    NSFW
    The stages with monsters will be done nigh-instantly. How is that not a huge impact?

2. Koelkast

Koelkast Blue Snail

Aug 7, 2015
    Male
    8:47 AM
    It's a terrible idea mainly because, as mentioned before, too many will just get friends with higher level characters to drag them through the PQ. If the rewards stay the same you might get high level parties powering through just to get scrolls, which will most likely lead to a market crash.
    It could be argued that the devs can put a system in place where high level characters get different/no rewards in terms of both EXP and items. However this solution might take away the incentive for high level characters to go back to low level PQ, and turn out too complicated to implement, making the removed cap unnecessary anyway.

3. Foxxman

Foxxman Red Snail

Aug 4, 2015
    Male
    Foxxman
    Bowmaster
    Honestly I agree with Aero. I think that power leveling is stupid and shouldnt be in maplestory BUT the big difference is that this is a small community and not a giant world wide maplestory GMS. There are limited amounts of people available to pq with at all times of the day. If you open this to others you have a better chance to meet new people higher or lower and to have fun going through PQ's. Sure some parts of the PQ will be easier (ex gators for KPQ), but the difference is that these PQ's still take alot of time to complete you cant just spam genesis and level, it takes alot of time to go through the whole thing. Overall this would be a positive benefit for our community.

TL;DR: Brings highs and low levels together, still takes time to do PQ so you cant just spam genesis anyway. Would be a great addition to a smaller server.

• Like Like x 1
  4. OP
    OP
    Aero

Aero Skelosaurus

Apr 9, 2015
    Male
    7:47 AM
    Aero
    Night Lord
    Horizon
    I think the positives outweigh the negatives for this idea. I also think that the one negative you find in this, you are over hyping it. The increase of level speed won't be "that" high that it will make a huge difference in the game...

If it means only giving this idea to certain PQ's that won't be "power level" abused by this, it would still be nice for the new lower levels to meet the higher levels, and it would also be nice to bring the community closer together.

The community is already separated by high/low levels due to training spots. The only way the two will meet is by the higher level buying an item from the lower.

End point: It will bring the server closer plus help new players by giving them a little more motivation and assistance in their PQ'ing.

5. Glycys

Glycys Chronos

May 16, 2015
    Male
    2:47 AM
    Glycys
    Bishop
    Horizon
    Once you get passed the level cap for PQs the exp is pretty shit anyway.

• Like Like x 1
  6. NSFW

NSFW Skelegon

Dec 11, 2014
    NSFW
    Not from 31-35, for kpq, and probably more levels if you have some high level players to help you power through

7. OP
    OP
    Aero

Aero Skelosaurus

Apr 9, 2015
    Male
    Aero
    Night Lord
    Horizon
    I'm not sure what you did to level, but around the level cap for the PQ... the exp dies down.. ALOT. I for one, did it recently on my new mage and previously on my thief. You won't power level rofl.

8. Latte

Latte Headless Horseman Retired Staff

Mar 29, 2015
    USA
    Latte
    Bishop
    Horizon
    I'm all for bringing the community together which is why I suggested a version of the PQ where no exp would be gained, making it only for fun and for nostalgia. But you all that are saying there would be no power leveling are completely incorrect. The most addressed PQ in this thread is KPQ so let's focus on that, KPQ falls off because it take too long to do for the exp it gives, with higher levels in the party, say a bishop or two and a fast moving class like an NL you'd be able to do 2/3 KPQs in the time it takes to do one (RNG would factor in here but even in the worst RNG you'd still do at least 2/3 runs in the time it takes to do 1). Not too mention a training how good the first stage of KPQ is in itself, people some times just stay in stage one until the timer runs out, so why don't we let a bishop leech people there or send in someone with classes with good buffs, like SE and HS. The boosting would be too real.

Also I'm curious as to what the staff has to think, I know keeping a nostalgic experience is a very import thing to the staff. And this is obviously something that wasn't in the game originally besides HPQ.

• Like Like x 1
  9. OP
    OP
    Aero

Aero Skelosaurus

Apr 9, 2015
    Male
    Aero
    Night Lord
    Horizon
    Well, I think thats enough input from both sides of the argument.

Can a GM please reply with a final decision or your own personal input?

@Kimberly@Kimberly @Navi@Navi @Catalyst@Catalyst

10. Samus

Samus Dark Stone Golem

May 15, 2015
    Female
    Samus
    Marksman
    There's also the exclusive items like broken glasses or slime shoes that are meant to be only for those levels to get. While you can technically farm them if you keep dying, most people will only get 1-2 per character. Making them farmable for anyone defeats the purpose of them being meant for certain levels to take advantage of the pqs. While this would be helpful, it's too unnatural

• Like Like x 2
  11. Glycys

Glycys Chronos

May 16, 2015
    Male
    Glycys
    Bishop
    Horizon
    People powerlevel off bishops later on in the game, so why exclude the low levels from benefiting as well? Kappa

S> KPQs/LPQs 1m eaKappa

• Like Like x 3
  12. Foxxman

Foxxman Red Snail

Aug 4, 2015
    Male
    Foxxman
    Bowmaster
    samus those items are untradeable so why does it matter if someone has 30 pairs of slime shoes, they cant sell them anyway

• Like Like x 2
  13. Tamai

Tamai Slime

Jul 5, 2015
    Female
    Outer Space
    Zanarkand
    Priest
    And yet people don't power level through HPQ because at some point the EXP < Grinding for your own..But hey, whatever floats your boat. I still think the puzzles are fun regardless of what lvl you are. :x

As for the items: [​IMG] is a magical thing.

• Like Like x 2
  14. jshyy

jshyy Timer

Apr 18, 2015
    Male
    kshyy
    Outlaw
    Wont it make it easier to get those items that require you to do __ runs of the pq?

15. ChiefBandit

ChiefBandit Slimy

Apr 15, 2015
    Male
    Israel
    9:47 AM
    Mother
    Warrior
    Synergy
    if you can get an item like broken glassess at level 1xx there is no point in doing lpq at the lower levels, because grinding is way faster (for most clasess).
    when you dont pq you sacrafice the item in the pq but you gain levels faster.

Edit: also you can farm broken glassess and just 30%s without an actuall loss, because the only items that can go in that slot are broken glassess, and white raccon/ racoon mask.
    and they are really expensive, so broken glassess would be a very cheap way of getting it.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Ryan

Ryan Slimy

Apr 7, 2015
    Male
    Michigan
    Ryan
    Hero
    Project
    Farming broken glasses would take forever....
    Not many people would have the patience to do so many LPQ's

17. ChiefBandit

ChiefBandit Slimy

Apr 15, 2015
    Male
    Israel
    9:47 AM
    Mother
    Warrior
    Synergy
    broken glassess is an end game item if scrolled 3x30, its just need time and almost no money, people will farm them eventually.

• Like Like x 1
  18. OP
    OP
    Aero

Aero Skelosaurus

Apr 9, 2015
    Male
    Aero
    Night Lord
    Horizon
    gl

19. beamcasting

beamcasting Capt. Latanica

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    New york America
    yiko (banned)
    Bishop
    Hogwarts
    i dont agree with this if u really miss and ol' and fun PQ just make a new charecter u can powerlevel it as well since ure a godly NL

20. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    8:47 AM
    Moderator Post
    I thought this was suggested before long ago but I can't find it. Basically, the max I ever do if its need is increase the level very slightly. It will forever have a level max.

I never understood why HPQ has no max level cap to begin with. I even did a mistake by re-putting it (max 20) to find out this is actually GMS-like. I am pretty sure to be honest Neckson screwed this up, but never fixed it.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2015
    • Like Like x 3