1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Add the Mu Lung Dojo Boss Party Quest

Discussion in 'Not Possible to Add' started by raysinz5, Jul 1, 2015.

1. Clairvoyant

Clairvoyant Mixed Golem Retired Staff

Jun 15, 2015
    Male
    3:26 AM
    I'm not even sure if this would work because people mainly did dojo for the belts. In our scenario, belts can't be implemented unless we upgrade to v83 which definitely won't happen. Also, the exp for dojo is pretty bad. Therefore, there wouldn't really be any good reason to code dojo because people probably wouldn't even want to do it imo.

2. Leslie

Leslie Dark Stone Golem

Jan 4, 2015
    Female
    Joo Won's Bedroom
    4:26 AM
    I liked Dojo a lot too. But what about the Agent Training Boss Party Quest event instead? I don't remember when exactly it came out/what version. Also I'd be more supportive of this being an event instead of a long term feature with nerfed exp rates from the bosses. I also think it should require a party to enter.

Not sure that this would be possible to implement either but thought I'd put it out there just in case.

+1 for Agent Kitty MapleF11

Edit: I looked it up and I think it was added in version 72. It's not really necessary to add but I'll leave the videos here for viewing pleasure. This was nostalgic for me because I remember participating.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2015
    • Like Like x 3
  3. NSFW

NSFW Skelegon

Dec 11, 2014
    1:26 AM
    NSFW
    Not going to argue for whether it would fit the v62 feel or not, but if you have to alter it, what's the point of adding it? It will feel (and be) cheap and fake.

4. beamcasting

beamcasting Capt. Latanica

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    New york America
    yiko (banned)
    Bishop
    Hogwarts
    excuse my language, BUT **** NO. i know it might keep high levels playing but for me, it kills the nostalgia

5. mumbasa

mumbasa Mano

Jul 25, 2015
    10:26 AM
    What is it that kills nostalgia, if some people get the chance to do a pq that doesn't give any reward?

6. sleepyhead

sleepyhead Blue Snail

Jul 18, 2015
    Male
    4:26 PM
    I've never understood the argument of "Oh, it shouldn't be added because it ruins the nostalgia." I don't get it. Is adding a feature suddenly ruining your ENTIRE maplestory experience? I understand that this is a v62 server and people play this version because they find the newer/latest versions not as appealing, but this doesn't mean that we shouldn't be receptive to new ways to improve the game.

I agree that v62 is the best version I've played (which is why I'm here obviously), but to say that v62 has covered all the players' needs is clearly false. Crimson Balrog was at one point in time the strongest monster in the game, but then the high levelled players got bored because killing them was too easy. So, new monsters/areas were added to improve their experience. Similarly, I don't see why this can't be applied to MapleLegends. Adding one dojo (for instance, not pinpointing this suggestion/opposers of it) will not ruin the game. If you think that it does, then simply avoid it. Don't play the new content, nobody's making it a mandatory part of the game.

TL;DR: Be more receptive to suggestions, v62 is still flawed.

• Like Like x 10
  7. Marty

Marty Headless Horseman

Apr 9, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    Broken
    Shadower
    Horizon
    In this case, you're right in saying you can avoid new content, since Mu Lung Dojo wouldn't get you any competitive advantage. But some things just can't be avoided because you'll be at a disadvantage compared to the rest of the server.

• Like Like x 1
  8. beamcasting

beamcasting Capt. Latanica

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    New york America
    yiko (banned)
    Bishop
    Hogwarts
    people would brag to each other about their dojo times. thats y i quit GMS 3 months ago and moved here. i dunt want dis server to be GMS

9. Tamai

Tamai Slime

Jul 5, 2015
    Female
    Outer Space
    Zanarkand
    Priest
    "Nostalgia" but consistent 2x exp server. </womp>

+1 to Dojo because it was funnnnnnnn.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Chew

Chew Headless Horseman

May 8, 2015
    Male
    Beginner
    Looks a lot more fun than Dojo imo :)

11. mumbasa

mumbasa Mano

Jul 25, 2015
    That argument is flawed, it's like saying "disable and remove everything that can be competitive"