1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Adjusting the quest: "Memory Lane" for beginners

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Tyke, Oct 18, 2022.

1. Tyke

Tyke Red Snail

Jun 14, 2017
    Male
    The Couch
    12:12 AM
    eTyke
    Beginner
    Pizza
    Hello again,

Just throwing in another suggestion for the beginner people so that it exists in the paper trail :).

The quest "Memory Lane" to continue through the maps of Temple of Time is incompletable for beginners because it asks to "go back to the beginning where my adventure began..." This essentially means going back to your first job instructor and beginners are sort of lacking in that department. It would be nice to have this issue somehow adjusted in hopes that beginners are able to progress through the maps.

Inferred Problem: Job-restricted quest; Unable to continue the questline because the job instructor doesn't exist for beginners

Possible Solution: Perhaps.. make an NPC in Lith Harbor exist as this stand-in NPC "job instructor"? Maybe like Olaf because he's the first NPC/quest people encounter before their job advances. Then require similar etc hand-ins or eliminations that it requires to complete.

This would be a very nice-to-have feature for beginner players and I hope it can someday come into existence. Please let me know any thoughts or feedback. Thanks!

All the best,

Some Beginner

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Creative Creative x 3
  2. Taima

Taima Mushmom

May 23, 2021
    Female
    7:12 AM
    Taima
    Beginner
    Oddjobs
    This was brought up in this tech issues thread from January 2022 too: My beginner stuck on Memory Keeper's quest

Would be interested in letting Beginners finish this quest line and enter Pink Bean! MapleF2 Especially as they can get the quest already (no job requirements) but not complete it. I would like to see Olaf utilized if possible too. To start the Zakum prequest for example, Beginners start the quest by speaking to any 3rd job instructor, which works very well for that case (located in El Nath, no possibility of job advance). The 1st job instructors are dangerous for perma-Beginners due to the possibility of accidental job advancement, so some might prefer a solution where it's not necessary to talk to them.

Only one Beginner is the proper level for Pink Bean right now, but the lower level ginners tend to be quest completion freaks anyway. MapleF17

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. OP
    OP
    Tyke

Tyke Red Snail

Jun 14, 2017
    Male
    The Couch
    12:12 AM
    eTyke
    Beginner
    Pizza