1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

[Alternative] Monster Book

Discussion in 'Rejected' started by Redwop, Feb 13, 2016.

Do you want to see this?

1. Yes

2. No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Redwop

Redwop Balance Team Staff Member Balance Team

Jan 27, 2016
    9:48 PM
    Click here to read about the original Monster Book.

I like the idea of the Monster Book but I do not like how it is implemented. I also do not like the idea of getting buffs from it either. A poll has been added.

Suggestions

Collect 300 ETC items from each monster (this can be negotiated) and turn them into Cassandra.

If you hand in 300, you get the basic information for the monster and an image (not an animation) of it.
    If you hand in 600, you get the 'episode' type of function.
    If you hand in 900, you get the location of where the monster can be found.
    If you hand in 1200, you get only the drops for that monster.
    If you hand in 1500, you attain 'mastery' for that monster.

I feel this will encourage people to move around the Maple World to play and collect items from the ghost-town maps, instead of the need to buff the EXP for the monsters in those maps. I also believe that it reinforces that feeling that is similar to when players can exchange items to an NPC (e.g. Staff Sergeant Charlie in Orbis).

Each of the monsters can be separated by their level division, like the Monster Book.
    In each of their level division, you will get only the name of the ETC item.
    On each page, there will be 10 monsters. If there are more, display them in the next window.

You must have Cassandra's Orb (which can be bought from her for 5 million mesos) in order to access her from anywhere (except Maple Island) in the Maple World.

[​IMG]

Original item ID: 4055001
    New item ID: 4055002
    New description: A mysterious powerful orb.
    As for the "Monster Book" icon on the Keyboard, it should check to see if the player has this item, in order for it to be used anywhere else in the Maple World.

• While the idea feels nostalgic, it is custom (therefore, not GMS-like).
    • Part of the social aspect of the Monster Book was knowing other players' progress - this suggestion does not allow for that to happen.
    • This is not convenient.
    • Once Legends' Mapletip comes out, there's a likelihood that this will be made redundant.
    • There's a lot of grind - it only favours those who do spend time hunting those mobs.
    • Cassandra was placed in v62 GMS for no reason, and should stay like that.
    • The monster animations might not be able to be placed in the NPC Chat, unlike the original.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2016
  2. Sam_Vosh

Sam_Vosh Capt. Latanica Retired Staff

Jan 24, 2015
    Female
    Somewhere over a fictional rainbow
    1:48 PM
    SamVosh
    Bowmaster
    Halcyon
    I hate to shatter the idea so early. But I do this as to not give anyone else hope. I know that the core team of the staff have looked into it and have done their absolute best to get this running. Even going so far to test out various packet edits to try and get monsterbook activated. However, this resulted in nothing. Unfortunately leading to the conclusion that despite that v62 has scraps of the monsterbook already put into it. That either the client-sided feature was disabled or not finished yet at the time.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    If v0.62 had MB's I would have added them long ago. MB is probably the only post v0.62 thing left that I truly miss. But that's me being a person liking to collect things and that grew up with the major Nintendo 64 titles that's all about collecting.

Banjo Kazooie > All

• Like Like x 1
  4. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    Moving this exactly what Sam_VoshSam_Vosh posted

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.