1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Battleship HP icon

Discussion in 'Closed/Resolved' started by Redwine, Nov 9, 2015.

1. shot

shot Capt. Latanica Retired Staff

Oct 31, 2017
    Male
    11:59 PM
    sh0t/Davi
    Buccaneer
    Honor
    hmm... do you happen to have any footage or descriptions that show multiple octopus can be summoned on versions similar or below v62? The one you linked is much higher version that one the server is based on right now.

2. MrPresident

MrPresident Capt. Latanica

Dec 19, 2017
    12:59 AM
    MrPresident
    Spearman
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/ayumil...7/maplestory-captain-corsair-skill-build/amp/

Dunno how helpful that is but it’s a skill guide for sairs dated in 2008 and says up to 3 can be summoned. I only remember having 2 in GMS but the skill timer could support 3 so it may be right. I’d also say just based on the skill description it doesn’t make sense that there’s a time until next use (10 seconds) while also having a summon length (40 seconds). Why would we use it again before the duration is over the first time? I don't think any other class has a similar description on their summons but could be wrong.

upload_2019-3-27_17-54-53.png

Edit: Also found this video from Feb 2009 that shows 2 octopus being summoned at 1:58 and 2:20 and you can see both are alive at 2:23. Not sure how close to v62 that is though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DcObYpa10_4

Last edited: Mar 27, 2019
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  3. Jess

Jess Pac Pinky

Apr 1, 2016
    Male
    Canada
    9:59 PM
    Jess, osooso
    Corsair
    Noir
    Agree with everything said. Always found it weird and pointless with the octopus cooldown. That video looks really close to v62!!

4. Jess

Jess Pac Pinky

Apr 1, 2016
    Male
    Canada
    9:59 PM
    Jess, osooso
    Corsair
    Noir
    Also it really does make more sense for the amount of octopi to increase every 10 skill levels... it's a pretty limited skill otherwise

• Like Like x 1
  5. Diego

Diego Capt. Latanica

Jun 7, 2015
    Not active anymore, but I'm all for an octopus buff/improvement. I mean, you spend 20 4TH JOB SKILL POINTS just for +10 sec increase?? That doesnt make sense at all.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Diego

Diego Capt. Latanica

Jun 7, 2015
    It doesn't quite work like the preview. Whenever you summon the ship the icon will always be almost completely gray as if you were on the verge of losing the ship, and it will start to blink when you are on the verge of losing it. I mean, it is an improvement but it does not help to plan ahead how long is left until we lose the ship or if we are dismounting correctly (for players new to the corsair mechanics)

PS: I'd try to add some footage soon x-x

7. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    6:59 AM
    Moderator Post
    The 'next patch' haven't happened yet.