1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Blood wash should not be penalized with Max HP Loss

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by -ovv, May 13, 2021.

1. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    2:59 PM
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    Amidst the discussions of HP washing requirements in this server, arguments that bloodwashing as a viable work around to low HP were brought up. Although I'm in full support of utilizing bloodwashed hp for temporary qualifications, current HP mechanics penalize anybody who chooses to temporarily bolster their HP with blood washed HP with the absolute maximum. See image below:

upload_2021-5-13_12-31-9.png

Is there any reason why people are penalized with the maximum? Is there a scenario in which the minimum penalty would break this games balance? Perhaps with buccaneers and warriors doing +hp fresh for skill bonus, -hp stale, giving them MP-less HP washes, but I reckon the current methods of hp washing with low INT would be far more efficient anyways. This would also give all players a way to freely HP wash without additional MP, just at a severe penalty (0-4 hp gained per fresh AP/AP Reset).

If we are to encourage blood HP as a viable alternative, this might be a good start to having it trend.

• Like Like x 12
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Creative Creative x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. Jafel

Jafel Capt. Latanica

May 3, 2015
    Male
    11:59 PM
    KingSlime
    Outlaw
    Twice
    Tbh, I actually like the idea of subtracting the minimum from the range that gets added. I think all jobs have variable HP gains on fresh AP. And if we take the bottom limit to take out, that would not be gamebreaking imo. Might just be a very small help... but it's a help nonetheless.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. Voxtagrams

Voxtagrams Headless Horseman

Jun 13, 2020
    Not everyone does +HP(fresh) -MP(reset) +MainStat.

4. OP
    OP
    -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    Do you read with your feet?

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  5. Alyosha

Alyosha Skelegon Retired Staff

Mar 9, 2017
    Dostoevsky
    Dark Knight
    Spirit
    Alternatively, it would be nice to have more HP profit from bloodwashing and later resetting. Setting the -HP to -14 means you can make some fair gains later on by either going +HP and resetting for -HP +stat on level. Let's say from level 170 to 200 you level with 120 gear int, it means you can go +HP with all 5 fresh AP, for an average of 90 HP, then reset 4 HP and 1 MP for -56 HP. The total gain would be an additional 34 HP on top of the average of 22 for leveling. In total you'd gain 1680 HP between 170 and 200.

It also means you can purely convert NX into HP, just at an incredibly slow rate. A million NX could be converted to 645 HP on a level 200 character.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  6. OP
    OP
    -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    To add another point - the practice of blood hp washing could be incentivized with added bonuses, further normalizing its practice.
    A new player that doesn't want to HP wash would feel more inclined to blood wash early on if they knew they wouldn't get penalized for it, and even more so if they knew they'd gain a net benefit from it. They'd be damage gimped all the same from having a higher base int, but they'd instead have the upfront bonus of heftier HP.

However, I think allowing for -14 hp would be a bit too overpowered as it'd allow for mp-less gain on HP through stale hp gain (+16) into stale hp wash (-14 hp) for a net gain of +2. By keeping it at the minimum penalty, you'd give 0-4 hp per fresh ap & ap reset combo, for a total of 0-20 hp gain from 5 AP resets. Add in level up hp and an additional normal hp wash, and you're looking at 20-24 hp from level up, 0-16 hp from hp-hp wash, and 16-20 from hp wash, for a total level up gain of 36-60 hp gained per level. If someone were to start this from level 30, they could potentially gain 6120 hp just from 1 mp wash/level and 4 hp-hp wash, and on average gain 4420 hp. This would put a lvl 200 NL at around 9.2k hp using just this strategy without ever putting any points into INT.

Now that I think about it - this would make HP gains way too easy. Perhaps a good middle ground would be to penalize on slightly below the average at 17 hp.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  7. Voxtagrams

Jun 13, 2020
    Do you realize what you're saying here?

Bloodwashing is using level AP into your HP and keeping it there, where would your damage be?

How about you make another character a test your hypothesis in what you're saying?

• Bloodwashing adds all FRESH AP into HP where is their damage going to be?
    • Regular HP washing, NOT double or triple wash would recycle MP into HP and return damage slowly.
    • Double or Triple washing would give you HP but in turn give you more damage or both HP and damage depending on which you chose (This was why I showed my stats in my posts, however being deemed a "flexer" I'm not even going to bother mentioning it or showing it in this post/thread.)

Source

Another note you only mention Warrior's reset HP stat but you fail to mention it in your post so why aren't you mentioning other classes HP AP reset stats?

Warrior After 2nd job : Min MP: 4 x lv +155

HP Increase: 20

MP Decrease: 4

Pirate After 2nd job : Min MP: 18 x lv + 95

HP Increase: 18

MP Decrease: 16

Thief After 2nd job : Min MP: 14 x lv +135

HP Increase: 16

MP Decrease: 12

Bowman
    After 2nd job : Min MP: 14 x lv + 135

HP Increase: 16

MP Decrease 12

_
    What I'm saying is, why are you trolling?

8. OP
    OP
    -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    Not everyone does +HP(fresh) -MP(reset) +MainStat.

9. Voxtagrams

Jun 13, 2020
    ^ What is this? Warrior reset stats.
    • Mention it for Mages(sweaty mages that would want to HP wash after hitting 30k MP)
    • Mention it for Bowman
    • Mention it for Thief
    • Mention it for Pirate

Mentioning Warrior only in terms of AP Resetting and making it look like "to new players to not lose damages early on"

Did you do your research on what Bloodwashing really is?

wow.
    Nice job copy pasting what I said before. Kudos.
    Copy pasting a post.png

10. OP
    OP
    -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    Do you also type with your feet?

11. BananaPie

BananaPie Selkie Jr.

Dec 22, 2019
    Male
    10:59 PM
    just out of curiosity have you tested this out to see if the maximum is deducted every time? I know the image says -20 but have you checked whether it’s a visual glitch similar to how mp washing for a mage says -whatever but only takes off 30 each time.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Oradious

Oradious Mr. Anchor

Aug 28, 2018
    Male
    5:59 AM
    Oradious
    F/P Arch Mage, Gunslinger, Buccaneer
    Pasta
  13. OP
    OP
    -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    I haven't personally tested it but if I recall correctly, this is the case. You are always penalized the maximum hp loss when you do -hp with an AP reset.

14. Cak33

Cak33 Headless Horseman

Oct 24, 2019
    Male
    NotCut3
    Hero
    Active
    not very sure on what kind of blood wash is being referred to.
    i literally only play warrior class, so maybe we can use this as a starting point for clarification?

If we are using fresh AP to bloodwash, i believe warriors will gain 50-54 HP per Fresh AP Point. when using AP reset to take away the HP, it will be a fixed 50 HP. When used this way, Warriors doesn't get penalized.

However, if we are doing stale bloodwash, warriors will only gain ~20 HP per AP Reset. When player decide later to reset it back to main stat (by removing HP), he will have -30 HP penality.

Correcr me if I'm wrong, for I really don't any other classes. But for bowman/thiefs, Fresh AP provides 20-24 HP per fresh AP bloodwash, and 20 HP per stale blood wash right?

15. Cak33

Cak33 Headless Horseman

Oct 24, 2019
    Male
    NotCut3
    Hero
    Active
    [​IMG]

@Voxtagram, even if you don't read, at least look at the pic ._.

16. OP
    OP
    -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    You are partially correct. Bloodwashing is the practice of putting points into HP without the promise of a regular wash with excess MP at a later time. If you have no excess MP, you can remove the +hp by taking it out of the HP stat.
    For all classes besides Warriors and Buccaneers (due to +hp skill shenanigans), bloodwashing always nets the ultimate penalty. For ranged classes (archer/thief/corsair), you can gain 16-20 hp for a fresh AP. However, if you take out the point from HP, you will always be penalized the maximum amount - 20 hp. If you bloodwash with stale points, you will always lose 4 hp per bloodwash, which is a bad thing.

My suggestion questions if there is a specific balance reasoning in the current maximum penalty and if it would make sense to adjust this bloodwashing penalty to be a bit less severe in order to incentivize its normal use.

• Informative Informative x 1
  17. Voxtagrams

Jun 13, 2020
    Now you're explaining it instead of just barking about reseting it as a Warrior.

Since you asking me with my "FeEt HaS EyEs" and if I 'ffrtfyhpoed ewskitfhj njkuyg dfvred' (type with my feet) in case you can't read I'm not typing gibberish

I'll explain another thing which makes no sense.

Screen Shot 2021-05-14 at 1.36.36 AM.png

If you use the commands in discord with Drods it shows

HP washing

Screen Shot 2021-05-14 at 1.36.56 AM.png

Bloodwashing

Screen Shot 2021-05-14 at 1.37.13 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-05-14 at 1.38.07 AM.png

When you ask Drods to calculate how much AP is 'Bloodwashed' in HP/MP it tells you it which means
    if you put points into HP/MP it shows you how much is in the stat for both and they STAY THERE until you move it, if you move it, its NOT there anymore which means its NOT bloodwash anymore.

• INT stat gives you MP because the way it works with mages
    • STR does not give you HP the way INT gives you MP for mages
    • HP does not give you STR
    • MP does not give you INT

So Again, bloodwash is adding points into it and not washing it out, if you wash it out its not bloodwashing its washing. If you put points in HP/MP and use $bloodwash it shows points in HP/MP because they're in that stat if you take it out and use $bloodwash again the number changes thats washing..

If you level up you get 5 AP points if you put it all into HP or MP thats bloodwash if you reset the points out then its washing, why else would $bloodwash show it that way.. do your research.

Dude stop, are you 9? Grow up.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  18. Cak33

Cak33 Headless Horseman

Oct 24, 2019
    Male
    NotCut3
    Hero
    Active
    after so many replies idek how u missed it, and i take it that u literally didn't read my quote to u. so i guess you are the troll here?

ovv obviously knows whats bloodwashing is. he said this
    Do you understand the bold lines?
    Or maybe you don't understand what does temporary means.

Adding 100 points into HP so he can start HT earlier without proper HP washing.

MP Washing = Add MP, reset MP into stat
    HP Washing = Add HP, reset MP into stat

Once again look at the picture -ovv posted:
    [​IMG]
    Does it looks like he's using AP reset to take out MP?
    Are you telling me HP Washing = Add HP, reset HP into stat?

Did you read? Or do your research?

You quoted this on -ovv. Did you read his reply to mine? Did you even understand the penality he's talking about? It's not about loss of stat or damage btw.

• Like Like x 3
  19. Nightz

Nightz Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Oct 22, 2020
    Male
    11:59 PM
    Nightz
    I/L Arch Mage
    Funk & Pasta
    Moderator Post
    Can I get a quote in this discussion?

20. Voxtagrams

Jun 13, 2020
    He can just reset -MP +MainStat however many times that he "Bloodwashed" into HP washing it out will be the samething, why reset -HP if the goal to HP washing is HP gain..

Hes mentioning reseting HP with along how Improving MaxHP Increase for Warrior and Improve MaxHP for Brawler, hes mentioning that reseting the HP back out from HP to put into his stat should not grief him out of his stats.

For regular wash yea, but double and triple washing exists, just double wash the missing points that he used into HP that he chugged into.

Yes, it works this way.
    Regular wash, not bloodwash when reset*