1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Bosses & channels reduce

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Voldy, Jun 13, 2018.

1. Voldy

Voldy Horny Mushroom

Apr 8, 2018
    Male
    12:03 PM
    Night Lord
    One of the main issues I can think that reducing the channels can cause, is hurting the bosses drops (cards, chairs, scrolls, equips).
    I can't imagine how it will look like after the channels reduce, which is already far from being well (KS's, multicamps...)
    I tried to think about a solution that will not hurt the drop rate of the bosses but will not make the bosses's drops much harder to get.
    *I didn't follow the convo about the Channels reduce, so I might not be the first person to suggest this.

My idea is split for 2 categories - 1) Making the boss spawn in another map
    2) cutting the boss spawn time by 1/3 to half.

Well, you can't make every boss spawn in another map, because some bosses have their special maps.
    So why not to just cut all the bosses spawn time by 1/3 to half? because i believe we should follow the GMS spawn times as much as we can, plus I think the currently spawn times for 90% of the bosses are very fair.

So I split up every single boss into one of the 2 categories, again, bosses that can be spawned in another map and bosses that better to stay in 1 map but their spawn time should be reduced.
    *I split them up only for my opinion, maybe you can see things in a differnt way.
    most of the added maps are taked from GMS aswell (I guess in a later version).

1) Spawn in another Map
    - Faust - currently summons at Hidden Street: Forest of Evil I
    can be added to Hidden Street: Forest of Evil II
    - King Clang - currently summons at Florina Road: Hot Sand
    can be added to Florina Road: Lorang and Clang
    - Dyle - Currently summons at Warning Street: Dangerous Croko I
    can be added to Warning Street: Dangerous Croko II
    - Timer - currently summons at Ludibrium: Whirlpool of Time
    can be added to Ludibrium: Lost Time <1> (or) Ludibrium: Lost Time <2>
    - Tae Roon - currently summons at Mu Lung: Territory of Wandering Bear
    can be added to Mu Lung: Wild Bear Area 3
    - King Sage Cat - currently summons at Mu Lung: Goblin Forest 2
    can be added to Mu Lung: Goblin Forest 1
    - Eliza - currently summons at Orbis: Stairway to the Sky II
    can be added to Orbis: Garden of Darkness I (or) Orbis: Garden of Darkness II
    - Seruf - currently summons at Aqua Road: The Seaweed Tower
    can be added to Hidden Street: The Hidden Town

2) Reduce Spawn time
    I don't see any point to make the following bosses spawn in another map.
    So these bosses's spawn time should be reduced:
    -Mushmom
    -Zombie Mushmom
    -Nine Tailed fox
    -Snowman
    -Manon
    -griffey
    -Balrog
    -Deo
    -Kimera
    -Zeno
    -Leviathan
    -Dodo
    -Lilynouch
    -Lyka
    -spirit of rock

x) Bosses to leave as they are
    -Mano - Very easy to find and have a fast respawn time
    -Stumpy - same as Mano
    - Pianus - imo his spawn time is very legit, this is the only boss that should be harder to find...
    -Mushroom Shrine bosses- I don't see any point to touch in until their cards will be added.

**Monsters as D. roy, Homuscullo, MT-09 should also respawn more quickly.

I will be happy to hear yall opinions aswell :p
    happy mapling~

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. Bonbonz

Bonbonz Mano

Mar 3, 2018
    Female
    11:03 AM
    Bonbonz
    Bishop
    Genki
    I agree with this. Right now even without the channel reductions, alot of KSing is going on and things get really ugly fast with boss hunting for monster cards. Some of the bosses with low drop rates (Mushmom, Zmom) feels like a race sometimes with the other classes where NL's and Mages have a bigger advantage because of FJ and teleport. It would be great if bosses would spawn more frequently/at another map to give other classes a chance, especially with the possible reduction of channels. :)

3. PerfektAim

PerfektAim Slime

Apr 8, 2018
    Male
    PerfektAim
    Outlaw
    Aloha
    I wouldnt mind this idea, especially with a channel reduce coming up.

However i'd like to point out that people's behavior is a worse concern. This is a friendly server, but ever since monstercards boss ks'ing became an issue. I dont like where that is going.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Michii

Michii Orange Mushroom

Jun 18, 2015
    Female
    Hidden Street: Hideout 16
    5:03 PM
    You can guess F3
    Magician
    Aloha
    Other than my rate of DCs probably going up, I'm actually pretty excited for crowds in reduced channels like the old times. I'd like it too if boss spawn frequency increased a little bit too to compensate (for the lack of 3-5 bosses?), but I think it's also the inconsiderate KSers who are the bigger issue here.

5. Jolly_Walker

Jolly_Walker Chronos

Jul 25, 2017
    Male
    JollyWalker
    I/L Arch Mage
    Honestly, I never encountered ksers when I'm hunting bosses, but I heard others encountering them before (this was before monsterbook was a thing).
    I don't think there are alot of people who KS bosses here, maybe its a big issue and I'm just oblivious to it. FoxF6

6. OP
    OP
    Voldy

Voldy Horny Mushroom

Apr 8, 2018
    Male
    12:03 PM
    Night Lord
  7. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    3:03 AM
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    I think we need a bit more variance in boss spawn timers so that the bosses can't be monopolized so easily by a single person or their friends by giving them the timers. As it stands +/- 10% isn't much of a difference.

If we made it -40% and +10%, that would increase boss spawn rate overall, plus widen the variance in spawn time to enough degree that one could never be certain if the boss was killed by someone else, or it simply hadn't respawned yet over multiple channels.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. Dee<3

Dee<3 Mano

Jun 28, 2018
    Female
    Corason
    Ranger
    Twice
    YES...we deffinitly need less spawn time...
    I find myself spending hours a day just camping a map instead of playing and having fun.
    it's really demotivating.

also...some creatures that aren't bosses should have..more of them..

like dark yeti & pepe...I think there should be a hidden street added to el nath with them....

9. Siao

Siao Headless Horseman Retired Staff

Jul 15, 2017
    Female
    Due to the introduction of monster book, it has come to our attention that KSing is a common issue raised by many hence we implemented our TnC, covering KSing:

3.3 Harassment - All forms of harassment will not be tolerated. This includes rude, hateful, abusing, threatening, or otherwise objectionable behavior both in-game or on the forums. We don’t expect everyone to be best friends with each other, but we simply ask that you respect one another. We have zero tolerance for comments targeting a player’s race, ethnicity, gender, religious beliefs, or sexuality.

Harassment also covers intentionally kill stealing and/or looting someone else’s Monster Book Card (which will now be owned by the mapowner). Hence, both cases will be settled by using the @mapowner command, which displays the player who owns the map. For the Jr Balrog map specifically, the one who first entered the map will have pseudo-mapowner, and has the right to ask other players to CC. This is proven by a screenshot with the @time command used. Depending upon the severity of the actions, the punishment may vary, with the possibility of warnings given out for lighter offenses. Punishment: 1st Offense: 3 Day Ban: 2nd Offense: 7 Day Ban; 3rd Offense: Account Ban

With this new ruling, we've significantly seen a drop in such complaint cases. As for channel reduction, currently we are still in the midst of setting things straight and doing our best to adjust according to our player count. Due to recent events, we will be coming back to touch on this topic once we are done with on-hand tasks.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 28, 2018
    • Like Like x 2