1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Bowmaster vs Marksman under the new changes

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by GGoals, May 23, 2020.

1. OP
    OP
    GGoals

GGoals Mano

May 23, 2020
    Male
    7:14 AM
    Goals
    Bowmaster
    Winterfell
    The problem I see with this logic is that there won't be enough reason left to pick bowmaster then unless you pick it just for that use of hurricane.
    Bowmasters start out with a gap in their dpm compared to Marksman and they have to spent a lot of meso to close that gap. In the old patch this gap was too narrow, if selquin her calculations are correct I believe the gap is in a nice sweet spot now.
    I think regalstar put it in good words when he said the problem of archers is that they fill the exact same role. No other class in the game has this, even the three warrior classes fill their specific niche. Archers only have 2 main uses though, give se and deal singel target damage. Both archer classes fill this role and so to make 1 of them significally weaker than the other in the late game is just making that archer plain worse than the other one (we had this problem in the old patch lets not make it again).

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Xydan

Xydan Chronos

Feb 1, 2019
    Male
    1:14 AM
    Xydan
    I mean, are BM's significantly worse than MM? Why are you arguing against a non-existent hypothetical? And if damage was the be-all-end-all for choosing a class paladins would be the most popular warrior class, but they aren't because they don't feel good to play.

And let's be honest, there's nothing to do in maplestory besides get end game gear. That's literally the only objective in the game if you care about bossing. So the fact that BM become better than MM with gear isn't a con, it's a pro.

3. OP
    OP
    GGoals

GGoals Mano

May 23, 2020
    Male
    7:14 AM
    Goals
    Bowmaster
    Winterfell
    Because this hypethetical was posted by the player im quoting in my post.

This is literally my view, you are posting my thoughts exactly so lets keep it this way.