1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Buccaneer Energy Charge stance chance

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Lyff, Dec 11, 2017.

1. Lyff

Lyff Dark Stone Golem

Aug 3, 2017
    Female
    England
    11:44 AM
    Lyff
    Buccaneer
    Muse
    at 3rd job, Marauders gain the ability to have a chance at gaining stance with Energy Charge. This chance is supposed to be 90% (The same as Warriors at 4th job). The reason we get it at 3rd job, is because we have no control over it, as we have to deal damage to gain charge.

At this moment in time, I do not think it currently stands at a 90% chance of Stance. I am currently spending most of my time at Horntail climbing ropes. Could this be fixed, pretty please?

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. Yozich

Yozich Wolfspider

Jul 9, 2015
    Male
    Pluto
    12:44 PM
    Taka/Icetap/Sake
    Hero, I/L Arch Mage, Corsair
    ~Demure~
    I believe KimberlyKimberly said there's a typo in the skill description. It's actually suppose to say 50% stance change at level 40, and not 90%, which is how it works in game right now (50% stance). It'd be too op if Buccaneers got the same stance as warriors, due to their ability to use I.Frames. So imo, and Kim's as she expressed in a similar thread, the stance is fine at 50%, just need to fix the skill description.

^Link to the old thread: https://forum.maplelegends.com/inde...ge-stance-proc-match-skill-description.16846/

Reference links to prove Energy Charge is meant to have 50% in v.62:
    https://ayumilovemaple.wordpress.com/2008/09/19/maplestory-buccaneer-skills/
    https://forum.maplelegends.com/index.php?threads/the-buccaneer-bible.10749/

Hope that helps c:

3. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    Confirming here what YozichYozich says. Its supposed to be 50. The change was a prototype text change that accidentally made it into the full game.

4. Yozich

Yozich Wolfspider

Jul 9, 2015
    Male
    Pluto
    Taka/Icetap/Sake
    Hero, I/L Arch Mage, Corsair
    ~Demure~
    I just realized you commented yourself in that old thread I linked...

[​IMG]

Did you forget LyffLyff ??? Lmao :D

5. OP
    OP
    Lyff

Lyff Dark Stone Golem

Aug 3, 2017
    Female
    England
    Lyff
    Buccaneer
    Muse
    I was going to mention this in my thread actually. I'm glad you brought it up! At the time of posting that comment, I was a relatively low level, with no bossing experience, to which I saw no point in the stance chance anyway. But Since then my opinion has very much changed.

6. Rasenganjedi

Rasenganjedi Slimy

Apr 13, 2016
    Male
    Netherlands
    Buccake
    Buccaneer
    Nebula
    I think it's still overkill to have both 90% stance, and I-frames.
    While it may be annoying, I think it's better this way.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. OP
    OP
    Lyff

Lyff Dark Stone Golem

Aug 3, 2017
    Female
    England
    Lyff
    Buccaneer
    Muse
    My reasoning is for Horntail mainy. Invinsibilty frames don't mean anything at HT. Wecan't reach arms, nor can we jump attack like Warriors can. Stance is there to keep you from being knocked back, there are no other advantages, it doesn't mitigate damage. We're melee, we should have it as other melee classes have. Purely so we can actually use our abilites at HT. Otherwise we'll remain SI/TL mules.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Rasenganjedi

Rasenganjedi Slimy

Apr 13, 2016
    Male
    Netherlands
    Buccake
    Buccaneer
    Nebula
    I don't think the reason is good enough to change stance to 90%, because it maybe would solve us at ht, it would makes us broken in other places.
    Because we have a problem at 1 boss, doesn't mean we should change the skill because of it in my opinion.

9. OP
    OP
    Lyff

Lyff Dark Stone Golem

Aug 3, 2017
    Female
    England
    Lyff
    Buccaneer
    Muse
    I don't see how Stance would make Buccaneers broken. In all honesty, I'm tired of the response "Buccs have iframes". That's literally all they have. These iframes aren't even used when you're grinding or trying to dps a boss. They already have mediocre dps and a worthless transformation. They need something to give them some meaning aside from SI and TL. Not even 90% stance chance, hell, even 60% stance chance would be something.

• Agree Agree x 4
  10. Lufy

Lufy Red Snail

Jul 3, 2017
    Male
    Buccaneer
    Horny
    Im totally with you Lyff. Bucc's need this 90% buff for stance. Warriors have 90% stance + their range compared to our is much bigger so even when they are pushed back they still can attack. When a bucc is pushed back even a little he is no able to attack. Its not only at bosses but in general. We are meele just like warriors so we should have 90% stance or i will say even more we need it more than them.