1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

[Buccaneer] Minor skill corrections

Discussion in 'Accepted' started by Marujão, Aug 6, 2021.

1. Marujão

Marujão Red Snail

Jan 18, 2020
    Male
    3:17 PM
    Marujao
    Buccaneer
    *I'm not sure if this was brought up by someone else on the forums and I apologize in advance if that's the case, but I couldn't find anything related to this.

Recently I've been observing the Buccaneer's skills descriptions in-game, and I noticed some outdated and confusing information about Oak Barrel, MP Recovery and Energy Charge. Also, I've come across a weird interaction between the combination of Speed Infusion + Knuckler Booster (in this specific order).
    Here's what I've found so far:

[​IMG]
    Skill's description at max lv.:

[​IMG]

As you probably know, this information is outdated since Halloween 2019 Skill Changes:
    • The cooldown of the skill has been completely removed for all levels
    • The failure chance of the skill has been completely removed for all levels
    • The duration of the skill has been increased from 30 seconds at max level to 100 seconds
    I think that the correction here is pretty simple:
    If we pay attention to the skill's text, it discretely suggests that the barrel can fail, but we know that it's not the case anymore:
    But since the barrel is still breakable by magic damage, I think we can leave this text as it's! tonguemush

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Now I ask: What should be considered Max HP?

From my understanding, Max HP should include both Natural HP and Equipment HP, since it represents your maximum HP. But if you test the skill you'll realize that it's not the case for MP Recovery, it only considers your Natural HP. However, if you're familiar with Hyper Body, you probably already know that it does take into consideration the HP from your equipment, and if we take a look at its description, we can see that it clearly refers to Max HP as well:

[​IMG]

So, what should we do about it?

My suggestion would be to either make MP Recovery consider the Equipment HP into its calculation or change its description to something like "Natural HP / Base HP" instead of "Max HP". Here's a suggestion of how it could look like:
    But what if we change its mechanic to include Equipment HP?

In practice, I don’t see the inclusion of Equipment HP into the calculations as a buff. Of course it would provide more MP, but it would also cost more HP.
    Here’s a practical example (my case):

[​IMG]

• Max HP (Natural + Equipment): 10.090 HP
    • Natural HP: 8.673 HP
    • MP Recovery gains (as it’s right now): -867 HP → +867 MP
    • MP Recovery gains (if considering equipment): -1.009 HP → +1.009 MP
    *In case the image above didn't load

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

As we can see, this skill already has been updated, hence the "Stance 90%". However, the skill duration is still outdated, as we can see in the MapleLegends Skill Changes post:
    • Energy Charge - Duration increased from 50 to 60 seconds
    This is how it should look like:

[​IMG] + [​IMG]
    Let's take a look at the HP & MP cost of Speed Infusion and Knuckler Booster:
    • Speed Infusion (lv. 11): -58 HP; -58 MP
    • Knuckler Booster (max lv.): -10 HP; -10 MP
    • Sum cost of both skills: -68 HP; -68 MP
    So, using this combination should result in -68 HP; -68 MP, right?

If you take a closer look at the HP & MP cost while using the combination of Speed Infusion + Knuckler Booster (must be in this specific order), you'll notice a weird behavior in your HP and MP pool. We can clearly see that we use -58 HP; -58 MP to activate Speed Infusion, but we quickly recover +48 HP; +48 MP right after Knuckler Booster is activated, resulting in a total deficit of -10 HP; -10 MP:

1. Starting HP & MP: 10.090 HP; 6.626 MP
    2. HP & MP after Speed Infusion: 10.032 HP (-58 HP); 6.568 MP (-58 MP)
    3. HP & MP after Knuckler Booster: 10.080 HP (+48 HP); 6.616 MP (+48 MP)
    4. Final HP & MP: 10.080 HP; 6.616 MP (-10 HP; -10 MP from Start, the exact cost of Knuckler Booster)

This can be achieved by using a skill macro with SI + Booster or by quickly using those skills in this order.

Conclusion:
    As we can see, Knuckler Booster's cost is "overwriting" Speed Infusion's. However, at the moment I'm not able to test if this only happens in this specific lv. of Speed Infusion (11), I would appreciate it if someone else with another lv. of SI could test that out as well.

This is probably a bug. Also, if the moderators judge that it's necessary, I can create another thread just for this section.

I know some of these things are just details, but I truly believe that greatness lies in the details.
    Since there's an upcoming update with lots of changes for Buccaneers, I've found this a proper moment to bring up these suggestions.

I would also like to make it clear that my suggestions are about clarity (cohesion) of information and not a class balance/buff/nerf!

• [Oak Barrel] Skill description corrections: Correct duration to 100 sec., remove cooldown and failure rate.
    • [MP Recovery] The proposal is to either:
      • Adequate the mathematical workings of the skill to match its description
      • OR change the skill's description to reflect its functionality better, avoiding confusion.
    • [Energy Charge] Skill description corrections: Correct duration to 60 sec.
    • [Speed Infusion + Knuckler Booster] Correct HP & MP cost when using both skills.

Thank you for all the patience, support and help with this post, FinallyFinally!

• Great Work Great Work x 10
    • Like Like x 5
  2. Pasta

Pasta Game Developer Staff Member Game Developer

Jul 18, 2017
    Male
    Pastaland
    4:17 PM
    Moderator Post
    Thank you for this!

Summer patch will see the following changes applied:

Levels description format: changed to "MP -[10 + level]; sustained for [10 * level] seconds"

Levels description format: time changed to "Once triggered, sustained for [40 + ceil(level/2)] seconds"
    , where "ceil" means rounding to highest integer, so 1/2 = 2/2 = 1

The remaining changes will be applied at a later time.

• Great Work Great Work x 6
    • Like Like x 2