1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Buccaneers need a buff too! (Dragon Strike in transformation!) Kimberly...

Discussion in 'Accepted' started by Dano, Aug 18, 2017.

Would you want to make Buccaneers even cooler?

Poll closed Oct 6, 2017.
  1. Well...duh!

56.4%
  2. Of course not, they are cool enough.

43.6%
  1. Dano

Dano King Slime

Jan 29, 2015
    Male
    5:23 AM
    Buccaneer
    I know over the years, Brawlers have been struggling to the top with a lot of obstacles and Maplelegends has compensated a bit for that struggle. But I believe there is a little more that you can do, that is still in the realm of possibility and keeping classes balanced to add onto Buccaneers making them an even cooler class. Take Bishop for instance, they are the most overpowered class in the game, they have that aspect that makes them cool, and you guys recently just buffed ice/lightning mages to make them even better. Don't forget about Nightlords and Dark knights ability to destroy everything in their paths also. Basically what I'm saying is that besides Paladins and beginners, Buccaneers are the most underwhelming class besides them having one mediocre mob skill (Dragon Strike) and demolition. I would really like to speak on behalf of all the Buccaneers and say that being able to use all attack skills in Transformation would drastically increase the enjoyment and popularity of playing Buccaneer. Now I am aware that server version restrictions are holding up this being possible, but there has to be a way around it, and I hope this thread gets enough attention to make the Maplelegends staff very aware of this issue. Please, for the sake of fairness of all classes to maintain the equalibrium, and bringing more popularity to the server make this small adjustment so that Buccaneers may use all attacks in both forms; (Transformation) and (Super Transformation). Thank you

Last edited: Aug 18, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 4
  2. Rufus

Rufus Slime

May 27, 2017
    Male
    Rufus
    Paladin
    Villains
    LUL

• Like Like x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. SaiyanGod

SaiyanGod Mano

Jul 8, 2017
    Male
    2:23 AM
    XSaiyanGodX
    Marauder
    Motive
    i just want something other than sommursault kick to mob when i dont have energy in 3rd job

4. xNivx

xNivx Headless Horseman

Apr 18, 2016
    Male
    Shin Sekai
    3:23 AM
    xNivx
    Dark Knight
    Horny
    SI and i-frames aren't enough?

• Like Like x 1
  5. SaiyanGod

SaiyanGod Mano

Jul 8, 2017
    Male
    XSaiyanGodX
    Marauder
    Motive
  6. Qanu

Qanu Stone Golem

May 16, 2016
    Male
    Netherlands, EU
    10:23 AM
    HammerSlam
    White Knight
    GodDuckness
    SaiyanGodSaiyanGod Uhm not to be blunt but you can't really have other skills @ 3rd in v.62 since its just how the classes are made.

Paladins and underwhelming ain't gonna go in one sentence since they've been buffed quite alot way earlier.
    That energy orb and snatch are there to be used??

7. OP
    OP
    Dano

Dano King Slime

Jan 29, 2015
    Male
    Buccaneer
    Energy orb damage gets halved with ever bounce off of a monster it hits, resulting the 3rd hit being like 300 dmg at level 140 and whats the point in snatch if you cant use any other skill in transformation besides energy blast?

8. Qanu

Qanu Stone Golem

May 16, 2016
    Male
    Netherlands, EU
    HammerSlam
    White Knight
    GodDuckness
    Sounds broken and not in a good way. Devs might need to look into fixing energy orb.

9. NatteHond

NatteHond Skelosaurus

Apr 10, 2015
    Male
    what did u max first

10. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    • Like Like x 1
  11. that boy

that boy Red Snail

May 16, 2017
    Male
    Septher
    I/L Wizard
    I think all of the active Buccs that play can agree when I say we aren't 100% satisfied with the gameplay, but we're satisfied enough just because there's so few active Buccs out there maybe it makes up for it? Not sure how to put it really. This is an emotional topic where a handful of other players I know along with myself just want to whine and cry to you, in hopes that maybe we can use all of our skills in transform maybe one day.

When I first made my Marauder I was a fool that assumed that I would be able to use my skills in transform. Everything else in the server was flowing so perfectly as if nothing could make me unhappy, until I hit 3rd job and tried using Corkscrew Blow in transform. That's when it hit me: I'll have to keep leveling and just hope that one day Kim will answer the prayers of all active Buccs and figure out a way to let us use all of our skills in transform. Playing a Bucc becomes a completely different type of game after that, and I really look forward to it. There's only so many additions you can make to a private server that is supposed to stick to its nostalgic roots, and I really think that this is one of those changes that is for the best. Buccs were meant to be played this way.

The Buccaneer that GMS first released was "cucked", as my friend Mark would say. It didn't take long for Neckson to realize that transform was just an unfun skill to use in general, when it was supposed to be kind of what a Bucc revolves around; transforming and being badass and and fast as shit with that speed/jump boost. Mark originally wasn't going to play a Bucc after I told him I couldn't use my skills in transform but now he's almost a Bucc and has the same high hopes as me. It would really be something to wake up one day to a new patch that gave us this new game.

If you're a Bucc and feel the same way then you need to speak up! Kim, there's only one thing I've ever wanted to whine to you about and it's this. I appreciate everything you do for this server and I'm surprised I've enjoyed it enough to play this long. Thanks so much.

• Agree Agree x 3
  12. OP
    OP
    Dano

Dano King Slime

Jan 29, 2015
    Male
    Buccaneer
  13. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    Once again, its not about we don't want give buccs transformation skills, its that its currently not possible within the v62 client since Neckson never made animation for it in client to support it until later versions.

• Like Like x 1
  14. SaiyanGod

SaiyanGod Mano

Jul 8, 2017
    Male
    XSaiyanGodX
    Marauder
    Motive
    energy charge and blast. i mean im 114 so everything is getting close to maxed now but damn it feels so discouraging using my sommersault kick to mob stuff to build energy. since the other skills only hit 3

15. Rockler

Rockler Mixed Golem

Jan 8, 2016
    Male
    Sweden
    Nude
    Night Lord
    Scamure
    just go NL and dont waste your time

• Disagree Disagree x 1