1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Buff the Bandit Skill Steal

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Qwyl, Jun 6, 2017.

1. Qwyl

Qwyl King Slime

May 27, 2017
    Male
    3:03 AM
    Land
    Islander
    Amherst
    The v62 bandit skill steal is entirely useless and no one can make use of it. A slightly newer version of the skill which brought a bit more balance for dits in their 2nd class was done BBB and the stats can be located here: http://bbb.hidden-street.net/character/skill/steal
    Main difference between v62 and later:
    V62 at Level 30: 100% damage w/ 40% steal chance one one enemy. (No stun) (Steal doesn't even work! so the skill is just a worthless waste of SP AND MP!)
    BBB after v62 at level 30: 110% damage on 3 mobs w/ 40% steal chance. (No stun) (In my own opinion this should actually be a higher damage % since steal doesn't even work..)

This will further help balance the two thief classes and actually make the skill worthwhile.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2017
    • Like Like x 7
  2. Hyuga

Hyuga Mr. Anchor

Apr 23, 2015
    Female
    10:03 AM
    Proud leader of Aeon
    I personally feel dit/sin 2nd classes are pretty balanced already. Most ppl go sindit early on then change back to dagger once savage blow/mastery is maxed making them much more versatile. The damage difference between a geared dit and a geared sin that early on isnt that huge/unbalanced. Giving a single target dps class a mobbing skill at 2nd job sounds pretty absurd to me. Also how would steal even work? You have 40% chance to steal gear from the mob then kill it again for more drops?

• Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  3. OP
    OP
    Qwyl

Qwyl King Slime

May 27, 2017
    Male
    Land
    Islander
    Amherst
    That's how steal is supposed to work. It's supposed to give you the item the mob drops. Essentially you're saying you're okay with a skill that literally does nothing at MAX level besides take MP away from you? At the very least they need to fix the steal aspect of STEAL. The reason it was buffed was because it was so useless, not because bandits needed a mobbing skill.

4. Hyuga

Hyuga Mr. Anchor

Apr 23, 2015
    Female
    Proud leader of Aeon
    There's plenty of useless skills, disorder for example is useless. Turning steal into an aoe mobbing item stealing skill sounds abit broken to me. You wouldn't need to kill mobs for certain quests anymore, can just run through the map and spam steal on groups of mobs then cc and do the same on the other 5 channels. Not sure how that balances anything.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. OP
    OP
    Qwyl

Qwyl King Slime

May 27, 2017
    Male
    Land
    Islander
    Amherst
    I don't think you understand how steal works.
    Also the skill doesn't even work properly at the moment.
    Could you message me in the game? I'd prefer a discussion because I feel like I'm coming off a bit rude and that's not my intention.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. Hyuga

Hyuga Mr. Anchor

Apr 23, 2015
    Female
    Proud leader of Aeon
    Attacks multiple enemies at a high speed and has a chance to steal an item from an enemy. You can only steal one item per enemy, and you can continue trying until you succeed. Has a chance to stun enemies.

Aoe mob skill, that has chance to stun and can be spammed on a group of mobs until at least 1 item is stolen from each mob. What exactly don't i understand?

7. OP
    OP
    Qwyl

Qwyl King Slime

May 27, 2017
    Male
    Land
    Islander
    Amherst
    That's not how the skill currently works. From level 1-30 it goes up 2% damage for every skill point to a max of 30 where it does 100% damage on one monster, does not stun it, and does not steal anything. It is currently broken in it's v62 form and doesn't work at all. Essentially it just takes 30 SP to deal your normal amount of damage with 0 benefits. In fact all it will do is take your MP without any positive effect. As well, it does not attack any quicker than your weapon speed.

Note: I know this because I have a Brigand. A Brigand is a unique character that uses Dex/Str and no daggers and relies heavily on Steal actually working how it's supposed to. (This build is a detriment, I'm only doing it for the sake of doing something different/fun. In no way will a Brigand ever be more powerful than a normal bandit. As well, this skill should work for all bandits, not just those who are running with my unique build.)

• Like Like x 1
  8. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    Well before we jump to turning steal into a mob attack, why don't we just make sure you properly steal an item first?

• Like Like x 5
  9. OP
    OP
    Qwyl

Qwyl King Slime

May 27, 2017
    Male
    Land
    Islander
    Amherst
    I agree that it needs to be fixed in its current stage but it's still completely worthless for normal bandits. Which is why it was buffed in the first place.

10. Khaligufzel

Khaligufzel Blue Snail

May 26, 2017
    Male
    11:03 AM
    HyugaHyuga

I guess you kinda missed the point here.

The problem is, this skill doesn't work.
    Even when it will be fixed and buffed it's kinda bad.

Damage: 130%, attacks up to 4 enemies
    comparing to
    Pirate SK Damage 190%, attack up to 6 monsters (1st job skill!)
    is just very bad.

Stun doesn't even matter with that low DMG, and you will get more etc items just by faster killing with other jobs.

Bandit path is not that great anyway, give him some love!

• Like Like x 2
  11. Ravy

Ravy Pink Teddy

May 16, 2015
    Koma
    Bandit
    I +1 this. I'd love to see some change

12. Hyuga

Hyuga Mr. Anchor

Apr 23, 2015
    Female
    Proud leader of Aeon
    Correct me if im wrong but...SK is their main dps skill if going bucc? Dit's already have savage blow, i've played bandit for a long while and never thought steal would be impactful at all in their gameplay style but i guess everyone has their own views. I dont even remember steal working in the official servers when i played but nonetheless, my point is; you wont be running around using steal on mobs when you are killing said mobs with 1-2 savage blows.

There is no downtime between savage blows for you to weave a steal in so i want to understand the logic behind the skill entirely. How would making steal work balance anything between the dit/sin class and how would you use it effectively?
    It is an entirely different topic regarding making steal an actual functioning skill, but im mainly interested in how QwylQwyl believes it will balance anything.

Bandit 2nd job is avg, as are most 2nd job classes. Bandit 3rd job is the highest damage and fastest leveler in the entire game. As for 4th job, Kim has completely removed the cooldown on boomerang step AS WELL AS increased it's range by nearly 2 fold AND allowing shadowers to use it off cliffs, ledges and into walls. Bandits are more than great on this server.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  13. Ravy

Ravy Pink Teddy

May 16, 2015
    Koma
    Bandit
    Good point, but it's still a shame to have an active skill that is so useless. It's a fun skill to use regardless, so it's still a shame

• Like Like x 1
  14. Krauser94

Krauser94 Designer Staff Member Graphics Designer

Nov 6, 2016
    Male
    Krauser94
    Shadower
    Nebula
    Remove that shit and give us Flash Jump, we want to be cool too MapleF3

Ok, on a serious note and as said before, the way i see it now is that is broken and needs to be fixed, that's true, but about the buff it needs to be more meditated.
    On 3rd job you are going to bomb mainly (or BoT if you like to suffer or running low on mesos), and also, having skills like Band Of Thieves will replace it for sure in the near future. I know the struggle on 2nd job is real but i think it becomes pretty good later and that you can survive pretty well with Savage Blow. The fact that we are not main DPM as a NL doesnt mean we are shitty late game.

As you mentioned, even NX changed the skill, that's why im not saying "NO", but i honestly would prefer the skill to work, because you are dropping SP there in the end for nothing, to have them dead (at least is not shield Mastery...MapleF7).

TL;DR: Fix it first if its possible, then we will talk about buffing it.

• Like Like x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
  15. OP
    OP
    Qwyl

Qwyl King Slime

May 27, 2017
    Male
    Land
    Islander
    Amherst
    I made my brigand over a month ago and have been waiting for this change specifically before I dive back into playing him. The skill doesn't even work properly...can we at least get a staff response to this thread?

16. TheDude

TheDude Selkie Jr.

Jun 13, 2016
    Male
    Canada, eh?
    5:03 AM
    Prometheus/1979/Starkiller
    just wanted to way in on this. I agree with Krauser94, and others who think is should be buffed. but it shouldnt be buffed alot... if that makes sense. but yeah bandits arent that bad at second job, because of savage blow. but steal really is useless.
    lore wise, steal makes alot of sense for a thief, because T-H-I-E-F, hence we should be able to steal shit!
    at least buff it so it actually steals shit, and not occasionally cause a mob to drop like extra 20 mesos...

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Oddin

Oddin Slime

Feb 22, 2017
    12:03 PM
    Oddin
    Beginner
    From my perspective,i don't mind this skill to "work" (steal items from a monster in a low success-rate). the 3 mob dmg part is the problem here.
    Dits are pretty hard (hell) to level till level 70,why? well because after level 70 THEY RUSH TO 110 IN NO TIME with mesos explosion.
    i think its pretty balanced and should remain untouched or else will be too easy to level as a bandit and this class will be broken.

With that being said,the results of buffing a certain class will eventually affect the market (which is unstable these days because of the newcomer wave)
    so even if the staff consider to actually buff it,hold onto it.

18. OP
    OP
    Qwyl

Qwyl King Slime

May 27, 2017
    Male
    Land
    Islander
    Amherst
    Same with this one

19. OP
    OP
    Qwyl

Qwyl King Slime

May 27, 2017
    Male
    Land
    Islander
    Amherst
  20. Skuire

Skuire Nightshadow

Aug 16, 2017
    Skucci
    Shadower
    +1 for making a useless skill useful... and making thieves actually able to, you know, steal stuff.