1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Windows 8/8.1/10 Cannot Launch

Discussion in 'Technical Issues' started by Alone, Apr 1, 2016.

1. Alone

Alone Red Snail

Apr 1, 2016
    Female
    6:42 AM
    Hold
    Magician
    Hello everyone. I am very familiar with the Parameter is incorrect error, but oddly enough - i'm not getting an error.

I downloaded the setup from the website and it automatically installed in C:/MapleLegends, I then changed all the properties in the 'compatibility'. I even toggled on 'read-only' feature. I also tried 'quitting' (aka closing) everything in the background like skype, steam, any open browsers. I don't have any antiviruses completely and windows defender was off. But, I still can't get it to launch.

When doing so, I launch - it gives me a black screen (like normally with windows 8.1 shit) and then it closes. No error, just won't launch. And, it's not secretly in the menu bar or running in the background either.

Thanks for any help possible!

2. Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    12:42 PM
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    • Like Like x 1
  3. OP
    OP
    Alone

Alone Red Snail

Apr 1, 2016
    Female
    Hold
    Magician
    Well, I had this error yesterday too, but I just gave up and then today I decided to come here to ask this.

Usually when the server is under maintenance or 'down', it will notify you saying 'The server is offline. It's either because you're banned, antivirus, etc'. But, I don't get any of those pop-ups or casual error messages.

4. OP
    OP
    Alone

Alone Red Snail

Apr 1, 2016
    Female
    Hold
    Magician
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2016
  5. Poofcakes

Poofcakes Pizzatarian Retired Staff

May 8, 2015
    Female
    The Netherlands
  6. OP
    OP
    Alone

Alone Red Snail

Apr 1, 2016
    Female
    Hold
    Magician
    Yeah, I tried that as soon as got the error and no luck. :/

I even tried reinstalling everything multiple times and restarting my comp. Hmm..

7. OP
    OP
    Alone

Alone Red Snail

Apr 1, 2016
    Female
    Hold
    Magician
    Update: Oddly enough, I restarted my comp and it fixed the issue. Lol.

Thank you to all who helped.

• Like Like x 3
  8. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    Just for info purposes you get that error if you dont run the setup as admin, but as far as I know that error is not damaging, so you just run the client and it will run (on normal cases of course)

I think your issue was that legends was still stuck on task manager and so it just don't open at all.