1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Cash Shop - Balance the Price When Purchase w/ Donor Points

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by ProTato, Jul 21, 2017.

Buying "non-donor" equips with donor's points...what do you think of the price tags?

1. The prices are just right...

5 vote(s)
    17.9%
  2. The prices are a bit too high (compare to donor equips)...

23 vote(s)
    82.1%
  1. ProTato

ProTato Windraider

Jun 27, 2017
    Canada
    5:43 PM
    SweetTato
    Night Lord
    Honor
    I notice the equips in the donor section mostly cost around 2.5k NX, which is quite a reasonable price for special permanent equips. However, if I wanted to purchase a non-donor equip, it can cost a lot more than that for it to be permanent.

I don't know how the price tags are decided. I assumed price tags for non-donor equips are decided based off buying with Vote Cash, which is reasonable to have higher prices than donor equips because they are pretty much free, but they can become overpriced when purchased with Donor's Points, especially when most donor equips look a lot more fancy.

I understand how we shouldn't be expecting to get anything in return when donating, but it is the case where I think a bit of adjustment could make things more reasonable.

Your thoughts?

Note that my suggestion isn't to lower the prices for non-donor equips. I am talking about having a cheaper options if purchased with Donor's Points. Is it possible to have a separate price tag for non-donor equips if purchased with Donor's Points?

Last edited: Sep 11, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 5
  2. thugric

thugric Capt. Latanica Retired Staff

May 10, 2017
    Male
    8:43 PM
    TaxDog
    Marksman
    Beaters
    While i strongly agree with you, it's gonna hard to adjust the prices because non donor nx equipment will be very cheap compared if it gets reduced to equal its donor value.

I'm not sure of this is possible, but maybe the non-donor nx items could be offered in two sets of prices: a donor cash amount, and a regular nx vote amount

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. OP
    OP
    ProTato

ProTato Windraider

Jun 27, 2017
    Canada
    SweetTato
    Night Lord
    Honor
    That's what I am suggesting here. Simply dropping the prices is definitely not ideal. A possibility is to have a separate donor tab for these non-donor equips with lower price tags, but can only purchase with Donor's Points. Another option, better in my opinion, to have two sets of prices upon checkout, but it seems harder to implement.

• Like Like x 2
  4. JustAPig

JustAPig Master Chronos

Jul 8, 2017
    Vancouver Canada Taipei Taiwan LosAngeles US
    JustAPig
    Chief Bandit
    Honor
    It's kinda annoying that I want to buy perm cloth in. non donor section but the prize is so much higher than the one in donor section

5. Yvelle

Yvelle Slime

Jun 17, 2017
    Female
    Netherlands
    2:43 AM
    Iyira
    I/L Arch Mage
    Bumping this up, as I think it's important to balance out the prices too.

For instance a transparent shield is 10k nx, so if I bought that with donor points.. ouch.
    Quite a lot of the prices in the normal equip shop are still within the 4k-10k range, which should be balanced out if bought with donor/real money.

6. Library

Library Slimy

Nov 6, 2016
    8:43 PM
    Slave
    Guess who did that? ._.

7. Heartiess

Heartiess Guest

1:43 AM
    I did that - and now the price is getting reduced :/

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. Yvelle

Yvelle Slime

Jun 17, 2017
    Female
    Netherlands
    2:43 AM
    Iyira
    I/L Arch Mage
    It's a bummer for sure, but 10k nx for voting nx or donation nx is really is just too much. My transparent shield has run out (as I bought it with the vote nx, not my donor) but I'm going to wait to see if they will make any changes.

I'm sorry there are those that had to pay that much. :dead: