1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Warrior Comprehensive Hero Guide

Discussion in 'Jobs' started by MapleBento, Oct 31, 2015.

1. dragonturtle

dragonturtle Blue Snail

Sep 12, 2020
    6:23 PM
    ScapeGoat
    why not add final attack though?

2. Asheesh

Asheesh Mano

Jul 3, 2017
    Male
    2:23 AM
    Cus it suuuuuuuccckkksss mostly because when it procs using slash blast the extra damage is spread across each target and u end up losing dps, and it doesn’t even effect stuff like brandish therefore mostly being a waste of SP

SP is better spent in some other useless skill that doesn’t permanently decrease dps

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Asheesh

Asheesh Mano

Jul 3, 2017
    Male
    2:23 AM
    It does technically increase dps when using just power strike though.

4. Alyosha

Alyosha Skelegon Retired Staff

Mar 9, 2017
    Dostoevsky
    Dark Knight
    Spirit
    A lot of this info in the guide is pretty aged. 2015 was a wild time. If only cakesogood could post a modern guide. OnionDead

• Funny Funny x 6
  5. RegalStar

RegalStar Nightshadow

Sep 23, 2019
    Male
    9:23 PM
    DMsRebirth
    You will be using Slash Blast far more than Power Strike.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  6. Cascades

Cascades Slime

Jul 2, 2020
    Male
    Cascades, Crater
    Hero
    Homies
    Can anyone comment on some modern training spots for the early level of Heroes?

Feels like CDs and Gallos are long gone at that point but maybe still Himes? Are there Singapore spots I should hit? Too early for Shaolin spots?

Thanks all! Hopefully this guide gets updated one day or I might take a stab in 20 levels. :D

7. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    Skeles duo with a low level bishop at Leafre: The Dragon Nest Left Behind is probably one of the better spots.
    Bishop clears top platform, hero clears bottom.

8. porl

porl Mixed Golem

May 30, 2020
    Male
    11:23 AM
    Bishop, Night Lord, Buccaneer
    Pasta
    Skeles duo is certainly worth it, especially considering skeles drop 3 end game pieces for heroes: Blue Neos Top, Green/Black Neos Bottom & Blue Crescent Boots. If you already have those 3 slots done then I guess you can also consider Petri, Temple of Time or Bigfoot. Heroes are kinda meh from 120-140 though and once you hit 140 the amount of bossing options opens up.

EDIT: forgot about shaolin xd

9. Dumpling

Dumpling Slime

Jun 6, 2017
    9:23 AM
    Dumpling
    Beginner
    125 onward, definitely recommend 7f duo. even without HS, its a decent map.

10. Huiae

Huiae Headless Horseman

Aug 1, 2015
    Female
    Seoul, Korea
    10:23 AM
    Verdict
    Bishop
    WeenieHutJrs
    Honestly only when you have kind soul bish friend who will duo with you instead of selling 2h skele leech or just solo it.

Sad but true story....especially on nowdays.

11. OP
    OP
    MapleBento

MapleBento Slimy

Apr 2, 2015
    Male
    7:23 PM
    Grizzly
    Dark Knight
    Noir
    Did someone say "modern" hero guide? Easy peasy. I just need to get caught back up on the modern meta. If anybody wants to help me get caught up to speed then feel free to DM on forums, Discord Not Dae#0748, buddy me in game, whatever works best. Ideally Discord, though.

Some new gear and a lot of new maps and bosses have arrived since I last played actively so any information from people who actually main Hero would be greatly appreciated. Mainly surrounding the concept of Claymore vs ST vs NT sword / where all that fits in with and without SI, etc. Although Claymore seems like it might as well be fully replaced by NT sword. Also, how do 1H's do now in this current meta?

Generic gear and warrior as a whole updates like MoN, blackfist cloak, sad masks, the necessity of accuracy over direct DEX for maps like 7F, updated end game grinding spots, etc, are things I can probably update myself after a bit of playing. I'm not sure about lvl 10-120 progression grinding map wise either at the moment.

Hit me up, people! I don't like this guide being outdated and it seems neither do all of you. Cheers!

EDIT:
    I edited the guide a bit. Tidied up some confusing / unnecessary parts and did what I could for the gear portion. Still waiting on references / guidance regarding the impact of NT swords on end game and the current grinding meta.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. DarthLord

DarthLord Mushmom

Jun 4, 2019
    Assassin
    I'm confused, so what is the best weapon for a one-handed or two-handed hero? and what will the attack stats on the weapons consist of? Also, what's the best path for the hero that does the best damage? One-handed with what amount of attack stats on shield? or two-handed sword with what minimum attack stats?

13. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    Ctrl + F, "enrage"
    0/0

:(

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  14. Cak33

Cak33 Headless Horseman

Oct 24, 2019
    Male
    NotCut3
    Hero
    Active
    for end game, 2H sword will always be best for heroes. For the best 1h, NT Sword (Speargrave or Flairgrave) is the best as it has the highest damage for a fast(4) sword. timeless 1h is only fast(5) so its weaker den speargrave in DPM. For best 2h sword, timeless 2h will be your best bet.

im not sure what u mean by best path for heroes, are u looking for minimum weapon stats to start bossing? if thats the case, recommended setup for 1h is a minimum 14wa shield, and a minimum 100wa red katana, and if yr going for 2h, minimum 120wa for stonetooth. getting weapons ofc isnt enough, got to account for all your other gears too.

• Informative Informative x 1
  15. asdfjkliang

asdfjkliang Selkie Jr.

Jul 10, 2017
    Male
    Mirage
    Hero
    Influence
    Enrage just isnt a good skill to add points at all unfortunately

16. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    Just pointing out the fact that one of three Hero class identity skills isn't even mentioned once in the 'modern' comprehensive hero guide.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Adelheim

Adelheim Blue Snail

Dec 10, 2020
    Male
    3:23 AM
    Sincerely
    Cleric
    Can anyone here tell me if this is a smart move on my part or not.. Really new to Maplestory and washing in general.
    Currently leveling my first character, a Cleric. Should I gather funds to purchase INT stuff (earrings, bathrobe, cape and maybe a bandana) and get like 40-50 INT total from equips and then proceed to make a Hero and just give him the INT gear to use while leveling? And just smacking 50-60 base INT on him for a total of 100 INT and just forget about it until I start washing? And at what point would I remove the INT to put into STR instead?

1. Get INT stuff
    2. Make warrior
    3. Smack some base INT (50~) for a total of +100 INT
    4. Level up
    5. Wash??
    5.5 When do I remove the base INT (and equips?)?

Thanks!

• Like Like x 1
  18. JDPJHC

JDPJHC Mixed Golem

Aug 6, 2017
    JDPJHC
    Hero
    Summer
    is it time for an udpated hero guide? :rolleyes:

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  19. Cak33

Cak33 Headless Horseman

Oct 24, 2019
    Male
    NotCut3
    Hero
    Active
    For an old guideline for poor-man HP washing for warriors (DKs, Paladins and Hero) before pinkbean:
    1. Get 40 base in ASAP (no INT Gear or zak-helm required)
    2. Level up to 140.
    3. Wash whenever convenient for you - Using FRESH AP.
    4. Complete washing on lvl 140. You may choose to continue washing or reset all your INT

This should get you around 18.6k HP at lvl 140, which after HB will be 30k HP (maximum you can get in game)
    From what I know, Pink Bean doesn't dispel HB, so the highest touch damage which is 23k+ damage, will not kill you.
    Damage to watch out for: Toad & Anego max damage for melee attackers: 19k. Not sure if they dispel HB, but if they do, you can wash abit more to 20k range.

Following what you have planned, while I have not calculated, but I believe you can hit 30k HP in lvl 160 or higher.

• Like Like x 1
  20. iPippy

iPippy Nightshadow

May 19, 2019
    Male
    iPippy
    As a note, there are benefits in pink bean to having more hp than its touch damage w/o hb. If you die on or near the body (which is more likely while fighting 2 feet from the boss), then you can more easily be revived without requiring the team to take time to move it out of the way. Additionally, not requiring hb in the party helps when building raid parties.

• Like Like x 2