1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Consider this an idea perhaps?

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by JesusLovesMe, Dec 23, 2022.

1. JesusLovesMe

JesusLovesMe King Slime

Mar 4, 2022
    Male
    6:46 PM
    BookOfLife
    Beginner
    Heaven
    With regards to the complementary intentional incremental implementation of highly sought-after matters of the controversial 'HP threshold' revision that has been recently rumored to be included as a solution which will essentially allow players an alternative to receive additional health point (HP) primarily for eligibility of end game bossing contents in MapleLegends.

As players who would most probably have main characters that are technically deemed as party attackers in teamwork to takedown major monsters efficiently (in other words bosses that are always known to have very high HP/EXP alongside having to deal damages that definitely surpasses the natural, non-tempered amount of HP that the particular player would have originally insufficient standard amount of health that is required to survive even at least just one of the more fatal blows/hits throughout the entire battle). For fundamental contributors to conquer legitimately lengthier bosses (without prejudices due to the overall stats of gears be it highly or lowly funded, affecting their damage per minute output), players generally begin their career at the point of being level 135.

I believe there may have been some already mentioned ideas even by regular/ordinary players in-game, perhaps, approving and agreeing to what I may also personally think would benefit the general community of players by providing them an opportunity to participate in a number of boss-fights which indeed have an abnormally higher than usual HP prerequisite for a character to continually juggle the struggle of surviving whilst making consistent assaults throughout before prevailing with a victory and be rewarded with a boost of shared EXP mainly with random drops as financial bonuses.

So, this is where my suggestive idea comes in with regards to players who are in lack of even the bare-minimum amount of HP needed to withstand a hit (skill-casted/touched) to the respective bosses recommended for the level range of whichever classes. We are all aware that 'range-attackers' are bound to have a much lower base HP than the frontline warriors and up close and personal classes of attackers too.

To more or less resolve the issues for 'range-attackers' with a naturally lower amount of base HP, I would like to put this out for as an idea for debate which is to enable or buff/boost the amounts of HP in which the character will gain for every level once it reaches 135 and beyond to cater to all future end game bosses that will easily 1 hit knock them out dead normally even with 'hyper-body' available in the party.

In terms of how much the adjusted amounts of HP which will be fixed per level up will be tailored to adequacy upon sufficiency to a certain point/level whereby the character can further venture to a more dangerous terrain and territories of bosses which will definitely kill them within 2 consecutive hits if the player fails to heal back to full health in the limited time given automatically upon the first 'magic-attack/touch' damages on the range attacker.

However, noting that characters that have officially reached its stage level for bossing will only receive more than usual amount of HP for every level up until a certain level once it is just enough to survive a hit from all bosses (yes, including the strongest one we have currently).

Finally, for those current characters that have already exceeded this 'potentially practical provision' of having additional HP for each level progress, it may be courtesy perhaps, to give them an option whether if they would like to accept an automatically revamp boost for their HP accordingly only if they happen to have insufficient overall HP that will only be boosted fairly to the appropriate amounts, depending on their current level, if this system would be brainstormed with considerations and may eventually or hopefully come to reality...

So, I hereby propose this idea for an open discussion for primarily players all around and especially for the kind consideration of people in power to make this possible! Cheers! ~

• Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. beegoratto

beegoratto Zakum

Sep 22, 2021
    Male
    3:46 AM
    leetoratto
    Bowmaster
    Nimbus
    I don’t know if it’s jetlag or the full bold text but is there a way we could just get the salient points for this post? I don’t mean to be rude but this was really rough to read

• Agree x 10
    • Like x 1
    • Disagree x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • Friendly x 1
  3. OP
    OP
    JesusLovesMe

JesusLovesMe King Slime

Mar 4, 2022
    Male
    BookOfLife
    Beginner
    Heaven
    Appreciate the fact that you pointed out something I did not realize initially to be a problem from my P.O.V probably due to the graphics of my laptop. I think it is fixed by now, I hope...

Well anyway, I do not know if the message resonates with the players of MapleLegends concerning this subject topic. I don't know if it's a reasonable request on my part either so I may need some feedback and thoughts regarding this probable change that might revolutionize the entire gameplay aspect as a huge impact of affect (e.g no longer any necessary need for grueling investments of purchasing AP resets and even int gears at the same time being extremely weak and unable to self-train on monsters at early levels which means having to be completely reliant on other players in party quests due to a null damage handicap or opting for free exp services in order to level up all the way...) It might be a relieving and refreshing update after all these years of adaptation to this kind of vote2wash ideology to finally liberate several current and of the future players as well with this supposedly ideal idea that I've came up as a suggestion which would however pessimistically be shunned aside as another bad exploit than to be treated as an actual innovative idea as a plausible solution to a prominent problem...

4. Zorele

Zorele Slimy

Jan 12, 2018
    Male
    6:46 AM
    Zorele
    Cleric
    I do agree the post was a bit long and wordy it was a bit hard to read (but my posts are usually long so i'm not complaining). What you are proposing seems a lot similar to what HP challenges will provide. This system is NOT a rumor and we've been shown the intricacies. To give you a tldr every class is given the bare minimum to survive end game bosses with HB (and midtier bosses without). This server has been going for 7 years, you can't really remove hp washing as a whole, there's already a lot of players who have taken advantage of the system extensively and merely providing new players with the bare minimum seems like a more reasonable approach.

5. brunandes

brunandes Windraider

Aug 29, 2021
    It's not just you. The post needs punctuationsSlimeXD

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. OP
    OP
    JesusLovesMe

JesusLovesMe King Slime

Mar 4, 2022
    Male
    BookOfLife
    Beginner
    Heaven
    Indeed, you are right that it is somewhat meant to be referencing on the confirmed (since it's not a rumor) HP challenge update then. There is a variation to my recommended approach as to provide players with the bare minimum amounts of required HP for mainly range attackers only actually. I am stating an even easier alternative for players to receive additional HP here perhaps once the character qualifies to be an official attacker. An initiative which is meant to solve this HP crisis-issue without having to possibly do what may eventually be an extremely demanding/difficult sets of questlines that players are forced into doing so as not to lose out. This proposal is a much more (leaving you to decide if it's true or not) accommodating approach focusing on critical range attackers in end game bossing contents that definitely has to HP wash quite a bit from the earlier levels onwards just to survive a single hit from many different bosses in their future endeavors.

7. Zorele

Zorele Slimy

Jan 12, 2018
    Male
    Zorele
    Cleric
    I'm not sure why you are referencing the HP challenges as to being hard when we don't even know what they are yet (Though giving permanent amount of HP probably nothing would be too hard). I think there's a lot of flaws to your proposal. Anything that benefits only a subset of classes is already problematic (ranged getting HP just because they are ranged) while non washed melee attackers would literally have roughly the same HP as your proposed HP for ranged. HP challenges are already giving what is the minimum acceptable for most players. Coming up with a "solution" to HP washing took a lot of time of planning and thought and I doubt we need another alternative when we don't even have the full details on the upcoming one.

8. OP
    OP
    JesusLovesMe

JesusLovesMe King Slime

Mar 4, 2022
    Male
    BookOfLife
    Beginner
    Heaven
    I am aware and understand that the official requirements to attain additional HP from the challenge has yet to be finalized but I will state this as an expectancy or speculating that it will surely not be easy to accomplish every single one of the milestones for every 10 levels perhaps but who knows? Sure, I may have some flaws that might need to be amended/polished, but I do hope that it really wasn't "a lot". This proposal serves as to sharpen or even shape the 'future release of the HP rework update'.

I find that this might just be a much more feasible and less tedious way to accommodate for the more HP vulnerable classes. It is not meant to overwrite the agreeable advantage of mainly melee players or warriors with the fact that they should definitely have higher HP naturally without a doubt, than their 'far away fighters' counterpart classes.

I am not trying to impose the well expected HP supremacy of warriors to be obsolete in any way but just as to promote the ability of allowing range attackers to fundamentally survive a single shot from exclusive bosses which should also be available, ahead and awaiting them to be able to literally just be able to participate the battle of having to barely survive from 1 single hit with barely any HP left (like possibly draining the full and healthy "red-bar" vitality all the way down to 100 HP or even less left to spare upon the most brutal blow that will inevitably impact the range attackers with NO ROOM for any errors that will surely result in being killed, even by possible monster summons that which the appropriated boss will continually summon even frequently with context to the battle).

9. Zorele

Zorele Slimy

Jan 12, 2018
    Male
    Zorele
    Cleric
    I think what you are failing to understand is that surviving a SINGLE shot is what hp challenge is going for. Surviving MORE than a hit is a COMPLETE luxury and is not even in the discussion for balancing HP challenge which already gives ranged attackers 12k at 180 (If you add BiS full hp stuff you can get to 14k) and perhaps like 14.4k by 200. What you need to understand is that if you're suggesting minimum amount of hp that would still be 19K if you want to do PB (diff amounts for all the neo tokyo bosses, toad etc) which you can find a detailed post by nise on damage done by each boss. If you're refering to min hp for other bosses like zak and ht you can techinically already do those without any wash at all. The system you're proposing has the same goal as hp challenge but with less difficulty? that would be pointless.

10. OP
    OP
    JesusLovesMe

JesusLovesMe King Slime

Mar 4, 2022
    Male
    BookOfLife
    Beginner
    Heaven
    In that case, giving out a standard of 19k HP to range attackers eventually once they reach level 180 is definitely too much to ask for no doubt for sure, I will then have to tweak this by tasking the expedition to recruit mandatory hyper-body players A.K.A Dark Knights for whoever happens to have insufficient base health to survive then. So now the worry here is having to rebuff hyper-body whereby the player will still need the appropriate tactics and techniques to spontaneously and alertly be ready to expect and exactly or even accurately pinpoint when the boss is going or about to cast a/mass dispel which results in the removal of all buffs, which means an immediate and urgent rebuff especially hyper-body will be needed punctually and precisely on time to avoid any unwanted deaths.

Additional edit: With regards to the aforementioned scheme plan of allowing certain players with tightly moderated boosters in the amount of HP gains in preparation for hard-hitting bosses in the future ... I would like to include the idea of paying a reasonable amount of fees (further discussion amongst the team to decide how much) if need-be in order to actively and efficiently gain extra HP for every level up to a certain point. The goal that is to be able to survive the toughest boss only with HB on at all times.

Further edit for clarification: It will be a passive gain of HP after every level up from 135 onwards until 180 perhaps in order to qualify for every boss in game only with hyper-body active all the time from the commencement of the battle throughout and towards the defeat at the end. It comes in contrasts with the current HP challenge plan that will require players to manually go out of their way to purposefully make the attempt of completing maybe several quests which might take a lot more effort and time to fulfill and achieve whatever it might demand for all players to be rewarded with extra health eventually. This method I have mentioned will only make or ask for monetary payment or fees to be paid to a custom designed NPC perhaps.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. OP
    OP
    JesusLovesMe

JesusLovesMe King Slime

Mar 4, 2022
    Male
    BookOfLife
    Beginner
    Heaven
    Feel free to place in your thoughts and inputs to this proposal at the same time being conscious of ethically respecting people in general and avoid causing any forms of unwanted offense of others, emotionally and or mentally by creating any inappropriate remarks that will probably cause a line of personal tension. Please be tactful towards our fellow peers and do not have an immature attitude towards this discussion by any means. Thanks for taking the time to read and possibly posting your points in which you would prefer for a better outcome!

12. beegoratto

beegoratto Zakum

Sep 22, 2021
    Male
    leetoratto
    Bowmaster
    Nimbus
    Hey OP this is not a critique of your ideas but I just wanted to maybe throw a few pointers out there for you when writing posts in the future. Writing clearly and concisely is a learned skill and I just figured I’d try to provide some constructive criticism really quick.

Most notably, a lot of your adjective and adverb usage is both unnecessary and not always correct. Examples like:
    make your post more difficult to read since the words “fundamentally” and “exclusive” are both unnecessary to the sentence as well as somewhat misleading. Bosses such as Toad and Nameless are not “exclusive” per se in the most common definition, a different adjective may be more fitting here such as “hard-hitting” or even “restrictive” if you want to still impart a sense of not everyone being allowed in the boss.

Other phrases like
    are redundant and generally just make the read feel more tedious.

All of this culminates in sentences like
    which are quite frankly difficult to interpret (even now I’m still unsure what you’re trying to say with this sentence.)

Apologies if this comes across as an attack on your writing style; just wanted to provide some feedback that might help with conveying your ideas more clearly in the future.

• Great Work x 8
    • Informative x 1
    • Friendly x 1
    • Useful x 1
    • Creative x 1
  13. Zorele

Zorele Slimy

Jan 12, 2018
    Male
    Zorele
    Cleric
    Like i said, you keep bringing up the same points. What you are suggesting is HP challenge but without the quests? If you think doing the quests is too much of a problem without we even know what they are makes it seem like you just want HP to be free. No matter how hard they are, they would still be a one time permanent HP gain. On another note there no such thing as "making it so you need hb in every boss". If pb requires 12k hp without hb, then it means that for every other boss that needs 12k or below,you are already set. This system you are proposing is never going to work since all you're asking for the exact same as challenge but without the grind aspect.

From a game design aspect it is a fundamental flaw to place 2 systems which offer the exact same reward with a massive discrepancy on difficulty. Hp challenge and washing already present a good enough dichotomy with clear pros and cons.

• Useful Useful x 1
  14. Cak33

Cak33 Headless Horseman

Oct 24, 2019
    Male
    NotCut3
    Hero
    Active
    as with all HP washing suggestions, all intentions are good, but unfortunately i have to disagree with this suggestion.

IMO these are the main rules when comes to HP washing buffs.

1. AP Reset stays the same - do not make washing harder for new players.
    2. NEVER invalidate old washer's efforts in anyway way or form. (ie, make washing easier with no compensations for old washers)
    3. Non-AP reset solutions do NOT buff any washers, with the exception of monster ring.
    4. Non-AP reset solutions do not ACCELERATE washing speed for players doing AP Reset washing.
    5. Non-AP reset solutions must have a LIMIT. It must not be infinite, allowing anyone to hit 30k HP
    6. HP is to be EARNED by EFFORT, not given to you for free.

Your solution ticks the boxes for 1 and 2, but fails on point 3, 4, 5, and 6.

refer to point 3 and 6

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  15. Cak33

Cak33 Headless Horseman

Oct 24, 2019
    Male
    NotCut3
    Hero
    Active
    if is not as hard or tiresome as washing, it has to be put down. after all u will invalidate old light washers

16. OP
    OP
    JesusLovesMe

JesusLovesMe King Slime

Mar 4, 2022
    Male
    BookOfLife
    Beginner
    Heaven
    Seeking for professional evaluation of this entire proposal with excellent logic centric without any biasness as a verdict to this suggestion. Please meticulously scrutinize and review all points mentioned and made thanks!

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. beegoratto

beegoratto Zakum

Sep 22, 2021
    Male
    leetoratto
    Bowmaster
    Nimbus
    Translation:
    “Looking for unbiased and comprehensive feedback”

• Friendly Friendly x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  18. Cak33

Cak33 Headless Horseman

Oct 24, 2019
    Male
    NotCut3
    Hero
    Active
    most people debating this topic, including me, falls into two different camps, hence its abit like politics, very difficult to find unbiased views.

however, if you want me to logically explain my bias views (or rather why i selected to be bias for it) im more than happy to do so, again.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    12:46 PM
    So many I keep forgetting
    When you're really trying to hit that word count and simultaneously make your date think you went to Harvard

• Creative Creative x 9
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  20. OP
    OP
    JesusLovesMe

JesusLovesMe King Slime

Mar 4, 2022
    Male
    BookOfLife
    Beginner
    Heaven
    People seem to be enjoying your posts rather than even being bothered about pondering on my "poorly phrased and pathetic passages" which might actually appear to be "unlawful" to many. You seem to possess a 'talent of intellect' as these people are attracted to read and hear of your informative and useful teachings instead of my "degenerate and possibly detrimental documents provided freely for debate" I observe, sir. I may like to learn more from gifted people as you are, I wonder...

With regards to the person below or above this statement, it might indeed be a sacred chance of expressing creativity that is if only I was actually in charge of clearing out the dumpsters that I may have apparently accumulated, accounting to most of the trash I've spewed and disposed into that portion of the campus, but then again, hmm...

In all seriousness just a thought of mine but each to his or her own opinion really with regards to this entire failure of a project that just so happened to have crossed my mind, spending some time and effort finding out I have managed to concoct what turned out to be resounding failure instead of any applause at all from unsuspecting audiences, bystanders or passerby, I guess.

Such is life...

P.S If it may seem as if I had actually contradicted myself with this response, I shall apologize and acknowledge that I was not able to hold back a little, and will take a blame here, perhaps?

• Creative Creative x 2