1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Feedback Deep Ludibrium teleport portals

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Kimmy, Dec 8, 2020.

1. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    12:10 PM
    Moderator Post
    Hello Legends,

In an effort on improving the transparency further, we thought it would be a decent idea to bring up one of the changes we're going to make the upcoming patch.

As a popular request, we'll be going to add teleporters to deep Ludibrium, in an attempt of it becoming a potential place to grind at.

Demonstrations

Warped Path of Time 1:
    https://kimberly.s-ul.eu/WQiPiM9M

Warped Path of Time 2:
    https://kimberly.s-ul.eu/45WbuQB1

Forgotten Path of Time 1:
    https://kimberly.s-ul.eu/MHQLP20P

(A lot more is done, but it's basically similar as this)

Do note we've not looked at the number of mobs yet, as we know are pretty bad on some maps as well, and purely right now on teleporters only.

So one thing you may see different compared to modern GMS is that more than 1 teleporter has been added. The reason why I thought that was a decent idea to do is just to make the flow of navigation more smoothly for all the jobs.

However, a concern one of our staff members bought up is how having multiple portals could have the potential of making it a very easy mage leeching area, where if there's only one portal at top or bottom would harshly decrease that since a mage would have to move around.

If you, the user were to make deep ludi a better place and a potential area to grind at, what would your approach be? Would one teleporter be enough, or would multiple be better? The focus here is NOT on leeching, but on actual grinding.

ALSO, we are likely planning on taking similar approaches for other maps that are very big and hard to navigate, but for now, no information is available. However, you are very free to bring up maps you believe should get similar treatment if you believe this is a good approach.

Do note that once again this is NOT the only thing we are working on, but one of the things we now bring to public for discussions. I've seen at times before where we show something, and a lot of users go 'is this the thing they are working on when there are x and y issues still???'.

Thank you in advance for your useful feedback and replies!

• Great Work Great Work x 18
    • Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 4
  2. Huiae

Huiae Headless Horseman

Aug 1, 2015
    Female
    Seoul, Korea
    8:10 PM
    Verdict
    Bishop
    WeenieHutJrs
    SERIOUSLY, THANK YOU VERY MUCH MapleF15

I was imagining only 1 teleport from top to bottom, but multiple is way better for sure.

• Like Like x 1
  3. NatteHond

NatteHond Skelosaurus

Apr 10, 2015
    Male
    These teleports look fine! Alternatively you could have the portals in the same way as they are in some ToT maps, where they go across the map diagonally.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Voxtagrams

Voxtagrams Headless Horseman

Jun 13, 2020
    4:10 AM
    I think it has too many portals, maybe just one that goes straight down to the bottom. (vise versa)

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. asdfjkliang

asdfjkliang Selkie Jr.

Jul 10, 2017
    Male
    7:10 AM
    Mirage
    Hero
    Influence
    Thank you for your hard work Kimmy. I hope you and the team also buff unpopular maps’ exp rates to lessen the need/desire to buy leech :)

• Agree Agree x 7
  6. jesscapades

jesscapades Pac Pinky

Jun 24, 2019
    Female
    jesscapades
    Shadower
    Homies
    this is really cool!!

One thing I noticed when I trained at Dual Ghost Pirates was that if you're at the bottom of the map and mobs have been aggro'ed, you have to lure them all to one side and then run to the other side to climb the ladder if you want to leave. It was pretty annoying, so a portal there to anywhere safe (not necessarily top of the map) might be helpful.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. xadra

xadra Capt. Latanica

Jun 6, 2017
    Male
    7:10 PM
    Adra
    Paladin
    Divide
    Obviously this will need to be tested, but: I doubt it will be good for mage leeching, because of the nature of the maps. They have huge verticality to them, generally with 3-4 mobs on each platform which are spread across the map vertically. For mages, even a "Screenwide" attack would hit like maybe 8 mobs tops, aside from the bottom floors of DGP, Grims and Spirit Vikings. And those are also spread very far apart horizontally.

I doubt the deep ludi maps will supplant the likes of ulu or ws as leech maps. The teleports will probably help a lot with making grinding as ranged attackers smoother (lots of "middle platforms" to teleport around on those maps and snipe mobs) as well as making DGP and vikings way better than they already are for warriors.

All just speculation, maybe someone will come by and break the M E T A again (RIP shivering)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. Appleaters

Appleaters Slime

Aug 9, 2017
    Shadower
    I trained for a bit at Deep Ludi as a CB/Shadower, and from my experience, so long as there's a teleport from the bottom to the top (and vice versa, I guess), the maps were very much serviceable for grinding since you could just jump down/move left right to grind.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Caenyss

Caenyss Capt. Latanica

Jan 30, 2018
    Male
    Lisbon
    11:10 AM
    Caenyss
    Bowmaster
    I believe a single teleport top-bottom (and vice-versa) would be more than enough and not make it as viable for leeching.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  10. halfwaysleet

halfwaysleet Master Chronos

May 21, 2018
    Male
    8:10 AM
    halfway
    Thief
    Great work kimmy!
    Seems like one or two teleporters could suffice, people training there could rotate the map by jumping down from the top plat all the way to the bottom, then warp back up again.
    This seems like a great QOL feature for card farmers, however it seems like deep ludi maps still are very weak compared to alternative grinding spots (himes, GS6, ulu, etc). Would be nice if their spawn could be buffed somewhat in the foreseeable future to ease up some of the pressure on those meta maps.

11. OP
    OP
    Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    I have added an additional video from the Forgotten Path of Time because it's very different.

12. RegalStar

RegalStar Nightshadow

Sep 23, 2019
    Male
    DMsRebirth
    As long as the teleporters are all vertical, even with multiple it wouldn't really make most of them attractive to leeching, since most of these maps are also very wide horizontally, and most of the maps have platforms that are far away enough from each other vertically that ults can only cover 2 plats at most. Dual Ghost Pirate is the only map where a lot of vertical teleporters might make them attractive to ult spamming.

That said, I don't think having multiple teleporters are necessary in most maps. Dropping down with down jump then teleporting back up from bottom to top is good enough. One thing that would be made a lot easier with only one set of teleporter is traversing through the map from top to bottom (relevant for people who wants to pap) but the effect is so minuscule it shouldn't warrant consideration at all. The only map where multiple teleporters would help is phantom grim watches, since the map has a split to left and right in the middle, but one can simply treat them as different routes going down and alternate between them in between cycles.

Still, even with teleporters I do not see most of deep ludi becoming viable grind spots except to white knights and maybe helping 2nd job F/Ps getting around. The real problem with deep ludi is the horrdenously bad HP/exp ratio for monsters around 65-~75 range in non-region-exclusive areas (Examples: Slimy 5800HP/500exp = 11.6 HP/exp, Soul Teddy 7600HP/490exp=15.5HP/exp, Master Soul Teddy 20.7HP/exp), which combined with the ridiculously broken HP/exp ratio for Taipei 101 mobs means that without drastic difference in spawn rate there's simply no way for non-region-exclusive areas like Deep Ludi to match up.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Informative Informative x 2
  13. Feeed

Feeed Mr. Anchor

Aug 4, 2020
    Male
    Feeed
    Corsair
    I almost feel like the portals should be reversed, if anything- going down the map is easy, it's going UP that sucks.

Imo each portal should go up one floor instead of down one floor, or just have one portal that goes from top to bottom

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. cchiang

cchiang Blue Snail

Jan 18, 2020
    Male
    Jinbobae
    Assassin
    I think one portal bottom to top is enough. Or like in the Soul Teddy map one portal each side. I think down jumping is faster than using the other portals

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. yurain

yurain Windraider

Dec 30, 2019
    7:10 PM
    YUrain
    I/L Wizard
    Basically this, and those ludi mobs hit like a freaking truck train with their magic attack while GS have a safe spot.

Portal wise, as long as it goes from bottom to top it will be good enough for me. Most of the time you will be just jump/dropping down anyway.

But this definitly helps in card hunting at least. Normally people skip deep ludi for their MBR, I see this will definitly help.

16. PianoMonkey

PianoMonkey Mano

Jun 6, 2020
    Male
    imugly
    F/P Arch Mage
    Spirit
    A bunch of these maps' platforms are tall enough that mages wouldn't be able to hit multiple platforms at the same time (I'm thinking MDTs, Gigantic Spirit Vikings), so maybe that can be kept in mind to prevent leeching?

Also RegalStar's point of the platforms being very wide is also uncondusive to leech

Also yes, Ludi mobs hit like a truck without having the EXP to match compared to Ghost Ship (w/ safe spot afk training) or CDs @ Taipei 101, even as an F/P mage solo/duo training with another F/P mage

17. Pepper

Pepper Wolfspider

Sep 3, 2020
    Female
    Peppermint
    Bowmaster
    It looks interesting. I think it may be too many portals like said above. One at the bottom would suffice to get back to the top because you can just jump down to kill mobs. For wider maps having one that went to the top of the other side might be nice instead of straight down.

18. welch123

welch123 King Slime

Nov 4, 2017
    Male
    New York, NY
    nucky, Jacinda
    Please also increase the spawn. I doubt these changes are enough to get people to come here instead of CD

19. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    Are you guys EPM testing with these added changes? I feel like that would be the best metric to base success/failures of these changes. If it's comparable to the imbalanced alternatives in those level ranges, then I could see this being a useful change. If not, I feel like Deep Ludi would still continue to be ignored.

I found Dual Ghost Pirates to be pretty good already as is with the last mob spawn buff while using FM porting, so adding teleporters would be a much welcome change.

Excited to test these out!

• Agree Agree x 3
  20. p3rsonman

p3rsonman Mano

Jun 4, 2018
    Male
    5:10 AM
    Resta
    Bishop
    Hidden Street: Forbidden Time (Grim Phantom Watch's) could use these teleporters and would be a pretty viable grinding location.

I was also thinking places with high verticality like Wyverns would benefit from this sort of treatment (but probably just a single portal to get you back to the top, which would not be used unless for grinding since people rarely walk back). The ropes are what slow you down. I agree with the previous poster though, EPM is the biggest factor - compare it to other similar training locations and you'll find out pretty quick whether or not anyone will use it.