1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Feedback Deep Ludibrium teleport portals

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Kimmy, Dec 8, 2020.

1. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    6:58 AM
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    Gigantic Spirit Vikings is already somewhat viable for leeching. FM porting always brings you back to the very top platform of the map so you can just drop down and ult, rebuffing your leecher on the bottom left ladder. I was getting ~15m solo leech exp by using this strategy, which is comparable to Ulu2 exp-wise, but it's nowhere near ULU2's value meso-wise.

If you guys rework mob spawn rates, please make sure to test FM porting as a possible option outside of your static portals.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    3:58 PM
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    Forest of Golems and the maps between it and Sleepywood could use a warp from bottom to the top, to make it compete with ghost ship maps a bit better.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 3
  3. Tango

Tango Horny Mushroom

Feb 27, 2018
    Male
    7:58 AM
    Chronicles
    Paladin
    Considering the the maps are vertical, it would be most beneficial to have two portals, one at the top and the other at the bottom. For me, as a Warrior, I would start at the top platform and work my way down to the bottom, then take the bottom portal to the top and repeat. Of course, only about 3 maps are more narrow than the others, with those maps being Dual Ghost Pirates, Grims and Gig Spirit Vikings, so that's where I would think only two would work. Other than that, the multiple portals idea isn't too bad of an idea, but the only issue though is the pathing efficiency because if there's no consistent pathing to grind, it wouldn't be as optimal to train there.

4. Yoral

Yoral Slime

Nov 22, 2020
    Male
    9:58 AM
    Yoral
    Page
    I plan on grinding at ghost pirates and then dual ghost pirates pretty soon. It seems the only viable place for me to grind as a 71 White Knight with fire infusion. The increased spawn rates is something I'm VERY much looking forward to. Warrior life is crippling...

5. Annolis

Annolis Skelegon

Jul 20, 2015
    Male
    Southern California
    Marchilles/Annolis/ Atlan/Katroz/ Chokal/Corvack/Tisif/ Quallo/Crisilixin/Forg/ Nannosh/Tylius
    Crusader, White Knight, Dragon Knight, F/P Mage, I/L Mage, Priest, Ranger, Sniper, Hermit, Chief Bandit, Marauder, Outlaw
    Eternals
    I never felt any difficulty navigating those maps - but I'm an incredibly patient person, so...

If anything, I would appreciate teleportals going from the bottom to the top just for ease of navigating one map up to the next map. Down = fall. It's not difficult.

Open this spoiler only if you wish to rage quit this thread.
    What if we added exponential damage from falls?

• Like Like x 1
  6. Blu301

Blu301 Pac Pinky

May 20, 2019
    Male
    East Coast, USA
    Blu301
    Shadower
    Summer
    I agree that 1 teleporter from bottom should be more heavily considered. At this point I think it's better to not underestimate the lengths people will go to to make farming as afk as possible. Even though mage ult casting on the teleporters wouldn't be optimal, a mage can constantly press "up > cast > up > cast" without moving from a single spot to clear the mobs around each tele point (kind of like the map with forscola/jester scarlion). It wouldn't make this some crazy OP leech spot because of the overall spacing + mob count but still

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  7. Kimtown

Kimtown Red Snail

Sep 19, 2020
    Male
    11:58 PM
    Metho / Kimtown
    Cleric
    I’ll be the typical contrarian that I am, but sometimes it’s fun to venture deep into map sections where no one really goes due to the difficulty in getting there. It’s a good alternative to avoiding the crowded maps that do have easy access, high spawn rates and high exp rates.

8. whatdatoast

whatdatoast Windraider

Apr 9, 2020
    whatdatoast
    Bowman
  9. abgluvr

abgluvr Red Snail

Apr 8, 2020
    Male
    ABGMAGNET123
    Dark Knight
    Twice
    I also agree w/ 1 portal from bottom to top should be heavily considered. I've been dreading to card deep ludi on that fact alone and while it's not impossible. These little things are appreciated a lot just to make things a bit easier. I appreciate all the staffs and their effort. :yay:

• Like Like x 1
  10. Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    I don't think you have to worry about too few unused maps any time soon.

11. TonyDaquore

TonyDaquore Orange Mushroom

Nov 2, 2017
    Male
    TonyDaquore
    Marksman
    DutchLegends
    I think a portal from top/bottom will suffice. In this way, you'll pretend new leech spots coming up, while it's much better for grinding. IIRC, when you reach the bottom to kill the mobs there, the mobs on top have been respawned. Top/bottom portal cause a slight raise in efficiency of grinding and the other portals aren't really that necessary for it.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    Another suggestion: Make the portals bottom to top & cross diagonally. This makes it more favorable for those actually going through the map and killing mob by mob while also reducing the efficiency of afk ulting for mages.

• Agree Agree x 3
  13. SaviorSword

SaviorSword Dark Stone Golem

Feb 9, 2020
    Male
    Aiur
    8:58 AM
    SaviorSword
    Paladin
    Bonfire
    I'm with the majority opinion as of now that a single warp is suffice to make these maps much easier to traverse through and it would be a lovely addition to help breathe new life to these maps, and multiple warps is a bit overkill.

Another option could be to simply just move around spawn locations so that Cash Shop/Market warps would be as effective if keepin' the map as vanilla as possible is a concern.

A concern of this change is still rather valid for an inadvertent buff to leech on these maps. Again, I believe that single portal's "inconvenience" can serve as a deterrent to buff leech gameplay.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. EndG

EndG Slime

Jul 31, 2018
    Male
    Bowman
    I think its worth reiterating that just 1 teleport will do since players can drop down with ease. Alternatively, players can use cash shop (or change channels) to teleport to the nearest respawn location. Ant Tunnel 1 is a good example of this.

15. Pundit

Pundit Pink Teddy

Jun 5, 2018
    Male
    liljer
    Bowman
    Homies
    I spent an ungodly amount of time at buffys yesterday collecting marbles for a quest, and the vast majority of it was running around and not actually hunting mobs. So I think this is great.

I agree with the people who say that going straight to the top or bottom is probably best to avoid leeching.

16. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    I don't see how its possible to buff "grinding" and not "leeching" when at its core, leeching is in fact the same thing as grinding. Any movement buff is a leech buff just as much as it is a grinding buff.

17. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    Segmented maps that have a high-enough spawn rate per platform that individual epm is decent but with enough of a travel time between each that it negates benefit of using an ultimate (high mob clear). Good for individual play. Not good enough for leeching purposes.

Personally, I think this was the main philosophy behind the design of Ludibrium maps. You had so many platforms that you could only clear the entire map each spawn (optimized epm) if you had a full party.

Adding portals to the map will buff leeching, but it won't be enough to make it the primary spot. It would make a nice alternative, though, which is what I think people are looking for due to the crowding lately.

18. Feeed

Feeed Mr. Anchor

Aug 4, 2020
    Male
    Feeed
    Corsair
    Chiming in to say also having an upwarp on Mysterious Path 3 to help active levelers with the Ghost Ship situation would also be dope <3

19. Oradious

Oradious Mr. Anchor

Aug 28, 2018
    Male
    9:58 PM
    Oradious
    F/P Arch Mage, Gunslinger, Buccaneer
    Pasta
    There's already an umbrella in the map that can teleport you to the top

• Like Like x 1
  20. Tonair

Tonair Snail

Aug 15, 2016
    Male
    Tonair
    Buccaneer
    I really love this idea! The deep ludi maps always take ages to get around. Looking forward to it!