1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

direction of updates/game

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by 3DegreeChill, Jun 27, 2016.

1. 3DegreeChill

3DegreeChill Master Chronos

Apr 18, 2015
    6:58 PM
    Felicia
    Priest
    Majestic
    so its pretty much a consensus that this server needs more end game content, reflected by the population numbers even after exam week.

what i dont get is the direction of the new updates. we all appreciate the gms hard work in making more new content but shanghai and to a less extend magatia are pretty much useless and boring.

shanghai literally was 30 seconds of "adventure" till i was bored again. magatia has been requested for the past year a few times but im pretty sure the hype was bad and most ppl ignored or didnt use it that much.

the common theme here is that these updates are just new maps to explore for like 5 seconds and then back to the same old grinding.

what this server REALLY needs is sustainable content thats actually going to be worthwhile and end game so ppl actually use it and so that it doesnt become another ghost town in this already dead server.

we need amoria pq, weddings, and pink bean. idk if these have been asked yet or can be implemented but im too lazy to dig in the forums. someone awhile ago told me theres no chance of this server killing pink bean without onyx apples. pink bean is the next motivator for all high level "pros" and will hopefully help bring back the high level ppl back aswell. even with onyx apples im guessing no one can still kill pink bean but really its still a motivator and much needed end game content. so we need amoria pq to farm onyx apples(sustainable and will actually get used) and pink bean, another goal to reach for. weddings are just another fun bonus ppl will actually ENJOY and a prereq to amoria pq.

im pretty sure EVERYONE would rather have the gms spend time on stuff like weddings or amoria pq/pink bean than to pump out random maps that have no impact on the game. theres already too much early/mid game content compared to end game.

tldr: dont know why random useless content is being pumped out when theres essential usable untouched content out there to be added and will actually help revive the server aka weddings,amoria pq, onyx apples, pink bean or another stronger boss than ht.

too lazy to reread

bye guys

• Like Like x 1
  2. Smile

Smile Selkie Jr.

Nov 18, 2015
    Male
    Southern California
    4:58 PM
    SharpSide
    Night Lord
    December
    I don't think adding PB would help. PB has 9.3 billion total HP, you would need about 158 million combined DPM across all 6 parties to even keep up with the 60 minute timer, and that's just thinking that PB is a punching bag, it still has DR and weapon cancels and a part where mostly ranged can attack. Do you know of a single active party composition in this server that can deal even 35 million DPM at that level? Maybe there's a party that strong, with or without apples, but finding 24 other players (who need to fit the HP requirement and damage requirement and time to log in) for this boss, it's a waste of time. Let alone wasting hundreds of millions of apples on such an impossible feat, there's no merit to it, especially with how many people disconnect at bosses (go check the zakum speed run last month, several people dced on each of the 4 runs)

I do agree with implementing onyx apples and weddings, that's a crucial part of end-game, but to make the GMs focus on pushing out PB is the wrong direction to head right now. The end game players are bossing well, we need more of an active and stable economy. not a first try or die boss.

3. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    1:58 AM
    Moderator Post
    I've already said yesterday in a similar topic that we also work on higher level content.

Regarding Shanghai and why: Click here
    Regarding higher level maps: Click here

I've addressed both.

But in short, I want the content released that is being ready .wz wise for months, but we are also working on higher level maps right now.

• Like Like x 2
  4. iChecco

iChecco Slimy

Jun 21, 2015
    My House
    LegoIas
    Bowmaster
    Demure
    If I understood well from what GiGi said in the ShangHai thread, GMs are worried that with the release of APQ it may be a hype which will not last long just like GPQ which is understable. I personally did more than 100 GPQs and I can say that it is completely right. GPQ was hype, there was competition but now... it's just a dead place where no one goes or just few ppl does. You may say "the reward of APQ is way more attractive" and yeah you're right but what are we, we are human. Humans are never satisfied, we always want more and more which I can understand.

Regarding to SmileSmile you're right, but 3DegreeChill3DegreeChill is also right(personal opinion). It could be impossible to take down PB, but players will keep trying to take it down which means more ppl at APQ and more motivation for players to get to high level. I know, there is HT but what about for those who has already taken down HT.

What I personally really want to see (and no one mentioned) is actually CWKPQ which can (maybe) bring more players to play, since not many private servers have it. Unfortunately this pq can be considered more as "bug of the game" instead of a pq (correct me if I'm wrong please). Neckson is so good they made this pq full of bugs :eek:. Yeah this pq is for high level players and selling MoN(Mark of Naricain) could fix a bit the economy. Everything has a positive side and a negative side, this pq will surely affect HT because the OP stats of MoN but players should keep take down HT for books :)

Well this is my opinion, feel free to leave yours :p

• Like Like x 1
  5. Kimmy

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    Care to explain this part? Curious which bugs you refer to, since I may be able to fix them in future if its related to the map, etc.

6. Clown

Clown Zakum

Jun 27, 2015
    Male
    The Netherlands
    Unknown
    Night Lord
    ✪Circus✪
    I like the idea of pink bean aswell, something impossible will always appease players to keep going imo.

CWKPQ is also very fun, my opinion is basically what Losj said a while back:
    I think the rates at this point should be like 10% instead of 50% but that would need some discussion before implementing.

• Like Like x 1
  7. iChecco

iChecco Slimy

Jun 21, 2015
    My House
    LegoIas
    Bowmaster
    Demure
    Sorry if I didnt explain this part, it's because it has been ages from the last CWKPQ I did. It might be inaccurate or even wrong, but the main problem was about sigils. Players couldn't activate them with the required skill.

8. Poofcakes

Poofcakes Pizzatarian Retired Staff

May 8, 2015
    Female
    The Netherlands
    Don't worry, we got GiGi. We can do ANYTHING. :D
    huehue

• Like Like x 2
  9. OP
    OP
    3DegreeChill

3DegreeChill Master Chronos

Apr 18, 2015
    6:58 PM
    Felicia
    Priest
    Majestic
    could pink bean hp be modified right to a point where its higher than ht but still a big feat? the main point was to just get another motivational goal of some sort because level 200 is already achieved and apparently ht is a norm

• Like Like x 1
  10. Vith

Vith Dark Stone Golem

May 6, 2016
    7:58 PM
    Vith
    White Knight
    Yes indeed. Not only can HP be changed, but other stats and skill damage as well. If Pink Bean was released with the compensation applied to make up for the lack of player strength (no onyx apples and potentials), this would greatly increase the motivation for players. I feel HT and Zakum should be adjusted accordingly for balance as well.

11. Ghost.

Ghost. Nightshadow

Sep 12, 2015
    Male
    USA
    7:58 PM
    Ghost/Reclaimer
    Night Lord
    Project
    I have to disagree entirely with this. Apples will always be wanted for bossing, just as stoppers are now. To think APQ will end up like GPQ is absurd.

• Like Like x 2
  12. nevo

nevo Mixed Golem

Dec 24, 2015
    Male
    2:58 AM
    MeIsMage
    Bishop
    Demure
    +1 for pb+ pb nerf. Would bring more players over on my opinion.

• Like Like x 1
  13. iChecco

iChecco Slimy

Jun 21, 2015
    My House
    LegoIas
    Bowmaster
    Demure
    You're probably right for most of players, but it gets boring doing the same pq over and over, same for bosses. Well at least for me
    But I see your point and you're right :)

14. Kargo

Kargo Skelegon

Mar 5, 2015
    Male
    Holland
    Kargo
    Shadower
    Flow
    maybe it would be fun to add like a custom story line of something in some town about something? That is challenging for all lvls : D

15. Clown

Clown Zakum

Jun 27, 2015
    Male
    The Netherlands
    Unknown
    Night Lord
    ✪Circus✪
    More jump quests Kreygasm

• Like Like x 2
  16. Kargo

Kargo Skelegon

Mar 5, 2015
    Male
    Holland
    Kargo
    Shadower
    Flow
    Ohhh yeh, mhhh jump quest, mhhh yehh

17. Isaac

Isaac Selkie Jr.

Sep 15, 2015
    Male
    Vancouver
    4:58 PM
    Goblin
    Mafia
    What if...
    MapleLegends goes through a server wipe?

Top 5 of each class currently receives a NPC in the first level 200 maps saying "Hi my name is _____ and I reached level _____"
    Maybe have paid NX refunded cause that is real money.. (not sure if this is possible but this is a minute problem imo) Most of the players here seem to be pretty well off to support the server again through donations. I know I will, despite my college diet of one dollar ramen.
    Take time to refine current server problems and not rush into the wipe, while doing some advertising so it'll attract a larger player base next launch. The server is still top 5 on Gtop and way better than royals in my opinion. I think myself included would be more than happy to return with a fresh start and a new motivation to no life again.
    In regards to perhaps usernames and such maybe have all current players reserve one ign, and if they currently own the ign they get priority in choosing it again post wipe. This will prevent a lot of "omgz you stole my ign scum" type of arguments.
    As to those that went far and achieved a lot in the game, you deserve all my respects. However, owning perfect gear doesn't make the server run itself... with a decline from minimum 100 players online to 30 players it pains me to see MapleLegends go. From my other experiences, if you're at the top now, you're likely to be at the top again if the chances is present.

As previous posts above mentioned, the two PQs that in my opinion would give end game a bigger meaning would be APQ and CWKPQ. APQ for the henehoes and CWKPQ for the hardcore. (who doesn't want an internet waifu lmao)
    The two PQs I mentioned doesn't even have to come out at the same time as the wipe; it can be introduced later since the wipe would attract enough attention. When the server is stabilized in regards to the player base, release APQ and CWKPQ separately to spark up some more interests from the players. I think I remember Autoassemble or someone else mention CWKPQ being too hard to complete even at the current state of the game. If more players join in then it would solve the 2 of each class problem. As for difficulty... we have Gi, right? :^)

Sorry for the wall of text, 2 am impulse rambles are probably my favorite thing to do. Regardless of what will happen to the server, Legends will forever be a big part of my past, and hopefully my future. :)

P.S. Kim or anyone if you see any loop holes in this idea let me know, summer is here and I'm very willing to help "make MapleLegends great again."

• Like Like x 1
  18. Kimmy

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    We have an event ready for the summer, and we are currently working on more content.

As for long run we have a lot of plans for far future of Legends, but currently I cannot say much right now what. One thing is for sure though; we will not close, so do not fear that one. There's a lot, and a lot of planning right now, and I am happy to say that we are working very hard behind scene right now, making this one of the busiest month we have been since while. PoofcakesPoofcakes is doing a fantastic job pumping out .wz edits right now, and GiGi is doing a great job pumping out events and updates, while I am doing drops, and other database related stuff, and the other staff in-game related stuff.

The user count may be low right now, but that doesn't stop us at all. Legends will live and stay alive, no matter what.

I have really good feelings for the future of Legends. It may not look like it right now, but I hope it will in the future.

• Like Like x 15
  19. Autoassemble

Autoassemble Selkie Jr.

Apr 14, 2015
    Male
    12:58 AM
    iDummie
    Thief
    In the official pre-bb server there was a large playerbase. This meant items going in to the market from multiple soruces (farming and gaching) with a smaller playerbase, things needs to be adjusted so that they are still obtainable (including some weapon scrolls that can only be obtained from gach which is really crazy on a low pop private server). The endgame content on this server basically consists of waiting for someone to put one of the few rare items on the market which they obtained without any sort of gameplay (afk voting+gaching) which are then sold at ridiculous prices due to the scarcity.
    Furthermore there is no incentive to continue killing the end game boss (horntail) because there is no market for the items that it drops (also due to small community).
    These issues could be fixed fairly easily with changes to the drop tables for bosses and introducing some of the gach only items as drops from mobs/bosses or even as long, time-investing quests for the more rare items, but even though this point of view has been presented many times no such changes are made.
    It's their server and they are of course free to run it as they want to, and it is still the best pre-bb server out there in my opinion. It just gets boring in the end when you have the same chance to get something good as someone who doesn't even play the game and just spends 30 sec a day voting.

>back to lurking for another 6 months.

• Like Like x 4
  20. Clown

Clown Zakum

Jun 27, 2015
    Male
    The Netherlands
    Unknown
    Night Lord
    ✪Circus✪
    You do realize we got working hunting gachapon tickets now right? I mean I still get your point but these items are obtainable through gameplay now aswell.
    Agreed