1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Discussion related with "dexless sin"

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Huiae, Jan 25, 2017.

1. Huiae

Huiae Headless Horseman

Aug 1, 2015
    Female
    Seoul, Korea
    4:14 PM
    Verdict
    Bishop
    WeenieHutJrs
    Recently I started to doubt for "dexless" sin, or "low-dex" sin.

Let's guess 2 cases. one sin is trying hard to lower dex, and another sin is just pumping dex.

first one, would scroll his gear with dex, second one would scroll his gear with luk.

so, to be fair, time to calc.

1. both character has base 1000 stats, for sum of dex and luk.
    2. MW 20.
    3. both chara has same amount of gear bonus stats, for convenience, 100.
    4. both chara is using sleeve, which requires 150 dex.

so, time to calc.

Lowdex sin.

to meet sleeves condition, he need 150 dex, and getting +100 dex from gears.
    so he need 50 dex. base dex 46 can be 50 with MW20. so,
    Dex : 46(base) + 4(MW) + 100(gears) = 150
    in this case, luk will be
    Luk : 954(base) + 95(MW) = 1049

Highdex sin.

to meet sleeves condition, he need 150 dex also. so he just pumped base dex.
    Dex : 137(base) + 13(MW) = 150
    and instead of scrolling dex, he scrolled luk, so his luk will be like
    Luk ; 863(base) + 86(MW) + 100(gears) = 1049

so Lowdex sin has no any pros compared with Highdex sin if both sin is using weapon which requires "dex". Lowdex sin (or dexless) is stronger compared with highdex sin only boths are using "dexless weapons" like maple claw, NRC, or shinobi.

to be "efficient" for MW, let's make base stats optimized for MW20.

Optimized for MW sin
    to meet sleeves condition, need 150 dex. for this case, i'll put 90 dex.
    dex : 90(base) + 9(MW) + 51(gears) = 150
    in this case, Luk will be
    Luk : 910(base) + 91(MW) + 49(gears) = 1050

Wow. so, who optimized his base dex with MW overcomes both lowdex and highdex. (but only 1 more luk LOL)

so my conclusion is, NLs doesn't need to torture themselves to lower their base dex. this conclusion would be same for any jobs requires 2nd stat to use weapons. (like archers, pirates). and Luk scroll is much cheaper than fking dex scrolls. like cape luk, earring luk.

Any opinion?

Last edited: Jan 25, 2017
    • Like Like x 4
  2. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    1:14 AM
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    First of all, you should include Zhelm (or scar/targa hats) + HTP if you will be bothering calcing for 1000 total stats.

Also, I will point out that shoes and helmets can be scrolled to increase dex, but they can't be scrolled to increase luk.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Library

Library Slimy

Nov 6, 2016
    3:14 AM
    Slave
    I'm not sure since I don't main thieves, but I think you're not wrong; I also don't know what you really consider low-dex aside from the value you listed here (46 base) or the "high-dex" example of base 137.

There's probably a more optimal setting, or at least a range of values you could list for base dex because it really depends on the available scrolling you have/how #baboblessed you are. Are you talking about for the average NL here or the "pro" ones? Because hoarding / farming/affording scrolls will be a long-term effort and some scrolls are more feasible to grab than others.

The reason I'm asking is because there appears to be more dex scrolls than luk, or at least popularly more dex than luk. Dex has 60/70/30/10 bot, Ear, helm, cape; Dex can also be gained by scrolling YSS or high dex shoes that could also have luk. Luk, as far as ik, applies to ear, top, cape; to get the excess luk you are talking about sounds like you will need chaos, but I'm not 100% sure. Oh, and both dex and luk do have OA scrolls I guess, but I feel like dex is much more popular/valuable than that.

I'm curious: have you found (and tested) an actual optimal amount of dex?

• Like Like x 1
  4. OP
    OP
    Huiae

Huiae Headless Horseman

Aug 1, 2015
    Female
    Seoul, Korea
    Verdict
    Bishop
    WeenieHutJrs
    what I hope to say is, there's no reason to scroll dex which part can be scrolled with luk. many NLs trys hard to "lower their base dex" and I hope to say there's no reason to tryhard to lower their base 2nd stats.

5. Library

Library Slimy

Nov 6, 2016
    Slave
    I'm trying to think; I believe your logic/reasoning is sound, but now is time to find the "best" base. assume you have MW20, +23 from HTP and let's say... 25 dex zhelm (I mean, landing 5/10 60 or 70 shouldn't be that big of a challenge... I think), so let's say pre-MW you have 48 Dex. Your estimate of ~90 dex being optimal base doesn't seem far off/wrong, assuming you scroll some shoe for DEX via jump scrolls, because if you have like even +3Dex from shoes you should be able to use a Sleeve.

Actually, given that it takes so little to reach 150 dex by the time you hit endgame, there shouldn't be an issue with like 80 or 70 base depending on how great your pants or overall are (considering pants can only be scrolled for dex), but if you're going overall you might wanna lean more towards the 80-90 side.

6. Library

Library Slimy

Nov 6, 2016
    Slave
    Yeah, I understand that; the only issue I see though is that the only overlapping thing(s) appear to be Ear, Cape (if you can't afford chaos), and overalls, which, doesn't seem to be too many things you can substitute luk in for dex.

7. OP
    OP
    Huiae

Huiae Headless Horseman

Aug 1, 2015
    Female
    Seoul, Korea
    Verdict
    Bishop
    WeenieHutJrs
    what I hope to say is, if scroll can be replaced with LUK scroll (for example, cape luk, and earrings luk), there's no point to stick on scrolling with DEX cos they have no difference in the end. ofc, for shoes and helm, we have no other choice than DEX. than why not scroll them with dex.

tbh, I think "Ideal base dex" is, amount of multiple of 20(MW10) or 10(MW20) so can maximize MWs effect, not "the lower the better"

I hope this research can save many ppls tryhard and waste their time(and $) to lower their secondary stats.

8. Library

Library Slimy

Nov 6, 2016
    Slave
    Yeah, I definitely agree with your sentiments; I'm just trying to figure out how to actually get there and if the trade-off is possible for everyone/ is realistically achievable.

The reason being is that I see much fewer luk scrolls than I do dex, so it seems harder, imo, to achieve a better +Luk. Even though dex seems to be more overpriced or expensive, it also seems easier to get them. But then again, that shouldn't matter if we're talking about optimizing so, idrk.