1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Dodo (Memory lane 5 boss)

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Squadron, Dec 29, 2021.

1. Squadron

Squadron Red Snail

Dec 30, 2020
    Male
    12:05 PM
    Shad
    Shadower
    I don't care that much if you guys leave it since I attack it carefully to not get warped but why does this boss still warp you off the map if @mapowner is a thing on the server? (I think it should just warp you to the bottom of the map instead of off so people don't lose mapowner).

• Agree Agree x 5
  2. Jaewonnie

Jaewonnie Capt. Latanica

Apr 21, 2020
    Crimsonwood Mountain: Cavern of Pain
    3:05 PM
    PAWGChamp
    Buccaneer
    just use iframes

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. 8TEEN

8TEEN Chronos

Apr 28, 2020
    Female
    3:05 AM
    Macbeth, Viona, Torrie, Wilson
    Paladin, Bishop, Bowmaster, Night Lord, Buccaneer
    Pasta
    I think its a good point that OP raised..
    it's technically like another Female Boss issue - which pushed and initiated this whole .@mapowner function thanks to the great Liquidooze and the late RIP ImSinXD.

Eventually it'll amount into more .@gm issues, reports on KS/harrassment by players.

Why not just nip the problem in the bud?
    My suggestion would be to allow the Dodo teleport to be somewhere more inaccessible in the map (away from teleportals)
    instead of out of the map entirely

4. RegalStar

RegalStar Nightshadow

Sep 23, 2019
    Male
    DMsRebirth
    If you're that paranoid just hold the mapowner with a different character

You can also dodge the mapban by being at the edge of range (for ranged characters) or I believe right under it (for melee characters)

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. 8TEEN

8TEEN Chronos

Apr 28, 2020
    Female
    3:05 AM
    Macbeth, Viona, Torrie, Wilson
    Paladin, Bishop, Bowmaster, Night Lord, Buccaneer
    Pasta
    1. do you kill dodos? are you sure? i dunno about you, but i'm out of range and i still get tp-ed
    2. paranoid isn't the right word, dispute is.

6. OP
    OP
    Squadron

Squadron Red Snail

Dec 30, 2020
    Male
    12:05 PM
    Shad
    Shadower
    I farm ml5 so I kill them often (and the warp out range) is the ENTIRE top two platforms. The first time I experienced the bug, I had the dodo all the way >> once on my main, and my nightlord was all the way to the left on the second platform. That is like the entire map distance in width away and my nightlord still got warped out. It's been months, so realistically I don't view them as fixing this since it seems they just ignored it. (Yes they got other stuff to work on and real life like we all do) but months is a long time for one bug.

We shouldn't have to go down two platforms to avoid the warp out. Here is the link of my other forum post (reporting the bug) incase anybody wants to look.

https://forum.maplelegends.com/index.php?threads/dodo-memory-lane-5-boss.44105/

Would like to note it was posted January 15th and it's now May. Also, RegalStarRegalStar do you hunt dodos?

• Great Work Great Work x 1
  7. doggi

doggi Blue Snail

Oct 14, 2021
    Shadower
    Yeah I don't like getting warped out of the map, and having to create another character just to hold map owner is lame and although it is a ~*"solution"*~ it's not a good one. I shouldn't have to create whole new character and get it to level 111 just to hold a dodo.

• Agree Agree x 1