1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Dosen't really matter.

Discussion in 'Rejected' started by RobertBusat, Apr 13, 2018.

Second World (IE: Scania/Windia)

1. Yes.

10 vote(s)
    24.4%
  2. No.

31 vote(s)
    75.6%
  1. RobertBusat

RobertBusat Mano

Mar 27, 2017
    3:55 PM
    Corsair
    First off, I want to say that Legends has been the most professional server I've been part of for so long and I really enjoy the effort our awesome staff members put in on a daily basis. However I've come to realize its all a never ending vicious circle of leeching and exploiting the market. The day my IRL friends and I decided to quit was when we saw players lv140+ booking hours of leech. Basically the game has lost its essence, grinding is irrelevant, farming scrolls and quest items is irrelevant since you can get the best of both worlds relatively spoon fed. Heck, "grats" is a meaningless compliment too.
    I've previously made a suggestion of creating a fresh new world like GMS did several times for that unique and refreshing experience, sadly there was backfire and salty replies along with reasonable ones. To avoid making this a long read, I'd like to conclude that with a 500+ player base a new world would make a huge positive impact on our community. Besides those who'd like to stay in the "old" world are welcome to I guess?
    Here's a poll feel free to vote and farewell.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    10:55 PM
    Moderator Post
    So you want a new world that is identical as the current one?

• Like Like x 1
  3. OP
    OP
    RobertBusat

RobertBusat Mano

Mar 27, 2017
    Corsair
    GMS had several worlds in order to keep their player base entertained. Perhaps some changes would be nerfing leech, lower gach rates, having no 2 years gobby exploits, bug abuses, account sharing 200s and maybe 4x exp regarding these changes?

Starting a clean and fair world for the large amount of new players

Its basically seeing new players struggle with pots and equips while I'm sitting in FM entrance all day rolling the dice for 5m rounds..

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 13, 2018
  4. Kimmy

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    Okay, at least you don't say identical.

I left my thought on multiple worlds before, and basically we are way too small to accomplish this (bigger servers with 1000~ users tried this before), and its a very big risk. Furthermore adding updates for 2 servers, which is 2 different code bases (since you mention core-base changes) takes a lot of effort, and so on. A wipe completely destroys the trust of your users, and no way are users willing to play the same game again, or trust the same server that their progress won't be nuked again. I know high rate servers wipe a lot, but that's different. Those are generally servers where you are just there for the 'hype4wipe' moments and quit again. Legends is not one of those servers.

There's changes I would personally make if a second world would ever come though. Wipe will most likely never happen, and a second world will not come anytime soon either.

• Like Like x 1
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  5. OP
    OP
    RobertBusat

RobertBusat Mano

Mar 27, 2017
    Corsair
    Finally a valid point. Following GMS's steps isnt a wipe but I do recognize the amount of work thats in for our coders. Its also wise to assume "Royals" with 1000+ members hasn't created a new world yet.

I wish I could be of more help to the staff since MS is the only game I've been fond of and play nowadays. I'm glad to have received valid answers to my suggestion now I'll be at peace. Thanks for everything Kim <3

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 13, 2018
  6. Kimmy

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    See ya. Hope you can find a place that can deliver your requests better. Sorry that we can't do it right now

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. Qwiox

Qwiox Mr. Anchor

Dec 20, 2017
    Male
    Los Angeles
    1:55 PM
    GhenghisKhan
    Hero
    Beaters
    LOL This is the funniest thread I have come across ever since being on this forum. The server in my opinion is for players to relive nostalgia and I believe it does that really well. However; for the extremely hardcore ones such as yourself, I don't get why you didn't anticipate this ahead of time. It's obvious there wasn't much to do from the start, with horntail as basically the end game content. To ask for more when a lot of the players have not even reached close to end game IIRC Global catered to their most "experienced" players and look where they are now, powercreeped to the skies.

• Disagree Disagree x 3
  8. OP
    OP
    RobertBusat

RobertBusat Mano

Mar 27, 2017
    Corsair
    "LOL" Haven't been much time has it? Anyways peace

9. Yatayata

Yatayata Mixed Golem

Jan 19, 2018
    Female
    4:55 PM
    Yatayata
    Brawler
    Abyss
    I don't think any concern of a community member is really funny as long as they are reasonable about their concerns, which he was...

I don't think ML is catering to a specific section of the player base when they make choices in changing the game, though yes, unfortunately people that have been here longer will see some effects from changes more than others. For example, I think HP washing should be rethought. You could do two different things with the server. An HP/MP overhaul because yes, I don't have to wash like everyone states, but being a level 200 NL barely pushing over 6K health trying to do HT sounds rough, while also having to wait till 200 to even attempt HT is rough while everyone else is doing it around 155. Or two, they could make AP reset scrolls buyable with Mesos. Why do this? Well it creates a great meso sink for the economy, takes away the pain of making an efficient attacker and the whole leech2win system, and takes away a factor of the vote2win which ML is wanting to step away from because AP reset for wash is vote2win hands down.

So there are a lot of benefits to a change for this game mechanic, even for older players, but then you have some who spent tons of money for INT scrolls, or time spent scrolling perfect INT items. People who spent a lot of vote NX on AP reset get screwed out of that vote NX they could have used for cosmetics. There is no perfect system, nor will be. Sometimes they have to make a choice to balance the game as a whole and sadly, not everyone is gonna like it. So you can't assume "catering".
    Sorry to see you go, but I have to agree with Kimmy, I don't feel ML is big enough to need multiple worlds, and eventually it gets into the situation where you spread the community thin and it all just fades out. I mean everyone basically jumped the new server hype train in GMS before returning back to Scania or Bera.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Qwiox

Qwiox Mr. Anchor

Dec 20, 2017
    Male
    Los Angeles
    GhenghisKhan
    Hero
    Beaters
    That's exactly the part that sounds funny, to the point that I'm not sure if this is a troll. This rant seems like an attempt to add to a section of ML that really isn't at a highly developed stage and would benefit fairly few people. I'm sorry that certain people have reached almighty levels in this server, but if you're really gonna complain that it's affecting your "fun" than I want to ask what it is you actually expected to see from your accomplishment.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Yatayata

Yatayata Mixed Golem

Jan 19, 2018
    Female
    Yatayata
    Brawler
    Abyss
    I wasn't aware I complained about people's levels. Maybe I should have included a tl;Dr...

12. Qwiox

Qwiox Mr. Anchor

Dec 20, 2017
    Male
    Los Angeles
    GhenghisKhan
    Hero
    Beaters
    Apologies, I was referring to “you’re” in the context of OP and his unfun levels.

13. Ghost.

Ghost. Nightshadow

Sep 12, 2015
    Male
    USA
    Ghost/Reclaimer
    Night Lord
    Project
    I'm pretty sure Neckson made more worlds because each world was hosted on a single server with limited RAM and HDD space, so they needed to spread out the players among multiple machines to prevent massive lag and server crashes. It'd be cool to have another world to let new players experience somewhat what Legends was like in 2015, but like Kim said there's not enough population and maintenance for two servers.

• Agree Agree x 4
  14. Velo

Velo Slime

Apr 5, 2018
    Male
    4:55 AM
    I/L Mage
    A new world should be catered when the population is so overwhelming that you cant find a place to train or do your quest.
    Look at all the training spot in ML, it is completely deserted most of the time.

What we do need is a bigger Meso sink in ML. Maybe some cosmetic items could be purchase with meso. This meso cosmetic items could have a shorter life span like 14 days instead.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Annolis

Annolis Skelegon

Jul 20, 2015
    Male
    Southern California
    Marchilles/Annolis/ Atlan/Katroz/ Chokal/Corvack/Tisif/ Quallo/Crisilixin/Forg/ Nannosh/Tylius
    Crusader, White Knight, Dragon Knight, F/P Mage, I/L Mage, Priest, Ranger, Sniper, Hermit, Chief Bandit, Marauder, Outlaw
    Eternals
    :( And then the admins could start coding the Character Transfer purchases from CS instead of creating new content. :boo: And are we really going to want nostalgia of Legends from two years ago? This would create a nostalgic feedback loop. :eek:

I'm still advocating updating and upgrading the game beyond what MapleStory was in v.62. I'd like the broken things fixed (HP washing, more to do in the 100s levels than grinding/leeching, more party quests with differing styles :rolleyes:) while adding the good things Neckson did manage to create (Maker Skill, Dojo, Pink Bean, Reverse and Timeless Gear :woot:) while keeping out the horrible things that made MapleStory turn into MapleNightmare (Potential, Professions, Hero Classes, Streamlined areas, OP Noob Helms :mad:).

• Like Like x 2