1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Active Exciting vote changes

Discussion in 'MapleLegends Announcements' started by Kimmy, Nov 24, 2018.

1. iLovKimberly

iLovKimberly Headless Horseman

Feb 23, 2017
    Male
    Malaysia
    8:39 PM
    Tsukishima/ItamiYouji
    Islander, Bishop
    Halcyon
    A good way to remove gacha vote to win is to change gacha purchase with vote cash to gacha purchase with meso.

The gacha meso price has to be balanced with item rate from gacha, determining this might be challenging.

2. OP
    OP
    Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    2:39 PM
    Moderator Post
    I don't think anyone want buy the Cash Gachapon tickets with mesos, in hope to sell the item obtained from it with... mesos. Sounds like a gamble. I have an other idea, but I can't disclose much of it yet.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Drauds

Drauds Web Developer Staff Member Web Developer

Jun 21, 2017
    Male
    6:39 AM
    Drauds
    Beginner
    Traducción a español

Saludos Maplers,

Tenemos unos cambios emocionantes para nuestros queridos votantes que han apoyado a que el servidor se mantenga arriba en la lista desde meses hasta años.

Primero que nada, muchas gracias! Gracias por su lealtad a a los que votan todo los días, ayudándonos a estar en una posición alta en las listas de votos. Consideren esto como una apreciación por parte mía y del staff :)

Ahora los cambios.

- Nueva hora de reset para los votos

Fue pedido desde hace meses, ahora lo traemos! Ahora hay una hora de reset para los votos. Si, ya no hay que esperar 24 horas. Sin embargo, como se ha dicho anteriormente, aun tenemos que ajustarnos a la hora de reset de GTOP, que es actualmente a las 6 AM hora del servidor.

Esto significa que puedes votar todos los días a partir de las 6 AM hora del servidor en lugar de cada 24 horas. Nos encantaría usar la hora UTC, pero desafortunadamente GTOP no está dispuesto a usar una zona horaria mas global.

Esperamos que disfruten este cambio de todas formas!

- Introduciendo bonus de NX a los votantes leales (BETA)

Adicionalmente, nos gustaría presentarles algo nuevo para nuestro sistema de votos. Desde 2015 hemos estado dando 5.000 Vote Cash por cada voto, y a veces un poco mas durante periodos especiales de tiempo.

¿No seria genial si pudieras obtener un poco mas dependiendo de cuanto tiempo nos llevas apoyando? Para mostrar esa apreciación, tenemos el nuevo sistema de racha de votos.

Este sistema te permite obtener un bonus adicional dependiendo de cuantos días seguidos lleves votando por nosotros (no es retroactivo).

Por ejemplo, digamos que obtienes 5.000 Vote Cash en tu primer voto. Al día siguiente, votas por nosotros una vez mas. Ahora, obtendras 5.020 Vote Cash, luego 5.040 vote cash, y así sucesivamente.

Sin embargo, si un día no votas, la racha volverá a 0 y obtendrás 5.000 Vote Cash. Por supuesto el bonus tiene un limite, para evitar que haya gente recibiendo 100k Vote Cash todos los días. Actualmente, tenemos pensado limitarlo a 6.000 Vote Cash durante el periodo de prueba, dando 20 de bonus por cada día de racha.

NOTA: Por ser BETA, hay una gran probabilidad de que se experimente con estos valores.

Adicionalmente, aun estamos pensando en otras ideas, como ranking de racha de votos. También estamos trabajando en mostrar la racha de votos en la pagina 'Mi cuenta' del sitio.

Pero no se preocupen! Aun estamos trabajando en muchas otras cosas al mismo tiempo.

Esperamos que les gusten los cambios, y estamos ansiosos de escuchar sus opiniones. :)

Gracias a DraudsDrauds por hacer esto posible :heartbeat:

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 26, 2018
    • Creative Creative x 1
  4. Siggy

Siggy Slimy

Jun 12, 2017
    Male
    California
    5:39 AM
    Loving these changes!

5. Kanade

Kanade Mixed Golem

Sep 14, 2018
    12:39 AM
    Now update the cash shop so we have stuff to spend the NX on
    unknown-1.png

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. Master Icy

Master Icy Red Snail

Nov 15, 2018
    I/L Wizard
    Hello, after testing this out for a few days I can put my two cents in.

First of all, again this is a great change that this resets once a day so I can log in anytime without worrying.
    I could see some improvements added with the amount that's added on per day as well as the cap of 6000. I think Legends could capture and retain a larger community if the incentives are raised slightly more. We are now in the mobile age and most apps award attendance with higher amounts depending on how many days in a row you participate. Even the new MS mobile game Maplestory M has this feature and awards higher items each day if you log in consecutively.

My suggestion is that instead of adding 20 each day and capping at 6000, I would suggest either awarding 100 per day with either an unlimited or a higher cap of let's say 10,000. Or if it's possible to program that each day doubles, meaning 20 day 1, 40 day 2, 80 day 3.. etc. This will give a greater motivation I feel for people to vote consecutively and not miss a day, because the stakes are higher in a sense.

Another possibility is to lower the base vote to 4000 and do this, that would mean that if it's 100 extra per day, it would take roughly a month and a half of voting consecutively every day to reach 10,000. If you miss a day it resents back to 4000. Or doubling every day from 20 would take 8-9 days of continuous voting to reach a 10,000 cap and then, of course, to keep it at that.

Anyway, just my two cents. :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. OP
    OP
    Kimmy

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    While I see why you would want more you need understand that this server is already 3 years old. Increasing the vote cash by what you suggest (doubled) is a huge change in a lot of aspects. The reason why the streak is low is because it give people time to build up the streak bonus (and thus vote for the server.) If the streak is build quicker there's a less punishment for not voting. Even 6.000 which can be permanent if you keep voting is already to me a big bonus, compared to the 5.000 we already offer for many years.

There's a few people here that are already voting for years, so taking 50~ days to get the highest streak right now is not big, IMO. Maybe sometime I increase the cap, but its unlikely I will increase the streak increase bonus/day.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Master Icy

Master Icy Red Snail

Nov 15, 2018
    I/L Wizard
    Ah I see, I only joined recently and was getting 7500. Was that some kind of special event?

I understand what you mean, you have a system to manage not only new comers but also keep things interesting for veteran players. Thanks for clearing that up. :)

You really have a good thing going, I look forward to further developments. :-D

9. OP
    OP
    Kimmy

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    Yes, it was:
    https://forum.maplelegends.com/index.php?threads/surprise-voting-event.23552/

• Informative Informative x 1
  10. Jean Justen

Jean Justen Mushmom

Jul 2, 2017
    9:39 AM
    Beginner
    Hello. I'd like to know if someone is having the same problem as i do.
    Since the new voting changes began, i started to have this problem while trying to vote: It just won't let me.
    It always say that im not allowed because i already voted today, but i can't vote for 2 days now.

It is a known issue? Thanks.[​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. OP
    OP
    Kimmy

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    We have zero control on what GTOP allows and whatnot. Do you vote for other servers, or someone in your house? If you keep having issues you have to contact GTOP or try use different IP connection, such as your mobile data.

12. Jean Justen

Jean Justen Mushmom

Jul 2, 2017
    9:39 AM
    Beginner
    No one votes in my house (my brother quit a while ago). I'll try mobile data. I had this problem before, so maybe its just GTOP being weird. Thanks!

13. Siggy

Siggy Slimy

Jun 12, 2017
    Male
    California
    5:39 AM
    I don't have that same exact issue, but I do often have problems of GTOP's actual vote button not working. Even after verification, the button just does nothing on click.

14. Heartiess

Heartiess Guest

1:39 PM
    Ive had this issue as well since the change. 3x now it says my IP already voted but I never did.
    Using a different connection works (I voted at work today) but its annoying not being able to use my own Wifi x(
    This wasnt an issue before the change, nor did I have this issue with another voting system that did the same as this (voting resetting once a day always at the same time, voting streaks, etc)

Edit: So yeah i am just saying youre not alone. I was complaining about it in game earlier haha

15. OP
    OP
    Kimmy

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    We have 0% to do with any votes rejected from GTOP. Either find the root cause or drop GTOP an email since theres nothing we can do.

• Like Like x 1
  16. cooltime

cooltime Mushmom

Jan 6, 2018
    Male
    asdfghjkl
    7:39 AM
    Rayquaza
    Hermit
    DevilFruits
    What if we want to vote in another account lol? The vote will just reset back to 0 haha? It would be cool if it's connected, but also maybe it's no problem at all just restart and yeah.

17. normys

normys Blue Snail

May 10, 2020
    Male
    10:39 PM
    normys
    Cleric
    Hi Kim,

Are there any plans to increase the voting streak bonuses in the future?

i.e. Implementing new amounts if you pass certain thresholds i.e. 100,200 300 etc

Thanks

18. MrPilier

MrPilier Snail

Mar 31, 2024
    Beginner
    NO
    Hello where can i vote, im new and confused

19. Kirisame

Kirisame Selkie Jr.

Jul 5, 2018