1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

[Formal Proposal] Quester's Ring

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Skuire, Apr 30, 2020.

Do you support this proposal?

1. Yes

498 vote(s)
    82.9%
  2. Yes, but needs changes (specify in thread)

84 vote(s)
    14.0%
  3. No

19 vote(s)
    3.2%
  1. shauncho

shauncho Slime

Jan 25, 2024
    Male
    2:50 AM
    shauncho
    Any news from the GMs about this? It would sure make the game a lot more enjoyable!

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. shauncho

shauncho Slime

Jan 25, 2024
    Male
    shauncho
  3. mjk

mjk Master Chronos

Mar 22, 2020
    Male
    MattNL
    Night Lord
    Pasta
    Is this the most universally supported suggestion of all time?

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. Prudence55

Prudence55 Stone Golem

May 16, 2020
    Male
    4:50 AM
    Poignant
    Bishop
    WeeniesHutJr
    yes

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. thechild

thechild Master Chronos

Mar 31, 2020
    Male
    5:50 AM
    fartmane
    Dark Knight
    Galaxy
    You have sparked my interest! I think this is a good idea overall and something else for us to do in the times we don't have an event going on or we have reach T100. I think it can be an aspect of the game to be intriguing, but I know some may argue that it isn't in the original, but neither was SEA for gas folks. I could see this being a great addition; however, I am sure there's more stuff on the table that they rather push out for now, but I wouldn't count this out.

You have my vote :3

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. artificial

artificial Orange Mushroom

Feb 12, 2018
    DirtyDildo
    F/P Wizard
    Can we pls get this already

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. LeonardoJF

LeonardoJF Zakum

Jun 16, 2021
    Male
    Rio grande do Sul - BR
    6:50 AM
    ItzLeo
    Paladin
    Favela
    One thing I think a lot about is that the ring, in addition to all the benefits, would open up space for casuals to have a market with quest items

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Annolis

Annolis Skelegon

Jul 20, 2015
    Male
    Southern California
    Marchilles/Annolis/ Atlan/Katroz/ Chokal/Corvack/Tisif/ Quallo/Crisilixin/Forg/ Nannosh/Tylius
    Crusader, White Knight, Dragon Knight, F/P Mage, I/L Mage, Priest, Ranger, Sniper, Hermit, Chief Bandit, Marauder, Outlaw
    Eternals
    The Junk Yard did exactly that. The market is already there. Just post your quest etcs and once people know where you are, they'll come.

• Great Work Great Work x 1
  9. shauncho

shauncho Slime

Jan 25, 2024
    Male
    shauncho
    Bump to remind the lovely GM Staff about this! Thanks for reading <3

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  10. LeonardoJF

LeonardoJF Zakum

Jun 16, 2021
    Male
    Rio grande do Sul - BR
    ItzLeo
    Paladin
    Favela
    yes brother, your store helped with several of my quests

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  11. shauncho

shauncho Slime

Jan 25, 2024
    Male
    shauncho
    Bump~

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  12. Munk7

Munk7 Orange Mushroom

Feb 15, 2024
    Male
    Page, Cleric, Thief
    580 voted YES.
    19 voted NO.

So......is this quest ring idea going to happen or not?
    I think it's a good idea. The ring stats and level requirements are fine.

But the main problem is this:
    SkuireSkuire said : "Many, many quests in maple are worthless content with very little reward."
    ☝️
    (Direct quote wasn't working for some reason)

Bad quest rewards are bad enough, but to add salt to this open wound, certain quests require an obscene amount of rare items to complete. After slaying umpteen hundred foes and collecting extraordinarily rare items to complete a quest, my reward is literally sometimes worse than the items I just collected. I feel scammed by the NPC's. (Ancient Tree Sap>Honey).

It reminds me of collecting all the koroks in BoTW to be rewarded with a pile of (censored). No, I never collected all the koroks and I don't think I ever will.

Please make questing worthwhile. This has been mentioned enough already. Better quest rewards would make the game twice as fun, well, maybe. But quest rewards really are disappointing.

A quest ring is a new bumper sticker on an old rusty car with 4 flat tires. But a well beloved bumper sticker it would be. If you're not going to fix the car, can we at least get the bumper sticker?

Last edited: Mar 10, 2024
  13. Pasta

Pasta Game Developer Staff Member Game Developer

Jul 18, 2017
    Male
    Pastaland
    11:50 AM
    Moderator Post
    It's still in our radar, yes. We do have quite a lot of workload at the moment, especially about the HP challenges, which is why this addition is not yet part of the queue.
    As a note - the HP challenges are not intended as a replacement for this Ring idea.

I do agree that a lot of quests currently feel like collector's items, rather than quality content. Which is a shame, since the lore they provide is fascinating.

• Friendly Friendly x 7
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  14. LeonardoJF

LeonardoJF Zakum

Jun 16, 2021
    Male
    Rio grande do Sul - BR
    ItzLeo
    Paladin
    Favela
    Before the end of my life I will still have you tattooed on some part of my body, so beautiful <3

15. Munk7

Munk7 Orange Mushroom

Feb 15, 2024
    Male
    Page, Cleric, Thief
    I think we need more people on the development team. I'd help if I could, but my knowledge of programming is BASIC. That's what I took in school, BASIC. I feel old. Everything beyond that is self-taught. As far as game development, about all I've done is tinker with retro games via hex editor. Then again, Maple is sort of retro now...

Do you all use a Maple editing program or just 3rd party tools? I'm sure you use more than a hex editor. Maybe we need a "Quest Balancing Team".

I assume the most time-consuming part is testing and bugfixes. A quest ring would really require a team of testers going through the whole game, completing every quest. I understand why it hasn't been done yet. It's a mountain to climb.

Maybe after HP Challenges are completed...

• Agree Agree x 1