1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Other frankly embarassing loading times for *.maplelegends.com/* webpages

Discussion in 'Technical Issues' started by telemachus, Mar 5, 2019.

Thread Status:
You must be a logged-in, registered member of this site to view further posts in this thread.
  1. telemachus

telemachus Horny Mushroom

Feb 4, 2019
    null
    1:26 AM
    null
    Beginner
    null
    you got this shit behind 137 CDNs and reverse proxies or what? i get consistently piss-poor loading times (regardless of cache usage or dis-usage on my own part):

[​IMG](the above measurements are from loading https://maplelegends.com/lib/npc)

ye you read that right, somewhere between 17 and 18 seconds. now my internet connexion ain't exactly the fastest draw in the west, but i assure you it ain't no slouch and i ain't usin it for anything else at the moment.

hey, maybe it's my browser. but i tell ya hwat, i tested this shit with Firefox 65.0.2 (the latest stable version as of this writing, 2019-03-05) AND with Chromium 72.0.3626.121 (the latest stable version as of this writing, 2019-03-05) and boy all i got is some funky monkey shit. Firefox just hangs, apparently doing nothing, saying it's "resolving the host", and eventually either gives up or successfully loads. maybe my DNS is just shitting its pants or something, but it ain't shittin its pants resolving any other domain names, dig? Chromium somehow almost immediately gets an HTTP 503 response and shows its generic error page, before (eventually...) finally coming to its senses and lighting my shit up with those sweet, sweet green HTTP 200 headers.

my user-agent string: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:65.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/65.0

to be more specific, that "Linux x86_64" is 4.20.13-arch1-1-ARCH.†

browser extensions/plugins i got on & shit:

if any of you buncha schmucks so much as dares to rehash another god damn "btw i use arch" joke i will f,strike you down

Last edited: Mar 5, 2019
Thread Status:
You must be a logged-in, registered member of this site to view further posts in this thread.