1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

[Game] Mafia

Discussion in 'Forum Games' started by Marty, Jul 16, 2015.

1. Marty

Marty Headless Horseman

Apr 9, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    1:59 PM
    Broken
    Shadower
    Horizon
    New thread can be found here.

Some of you may know this game from other forums already, but for those who don’t, welcome to the Mafia forum game! Now you might ask, what exactly is this game? It’s simple…

People are given a role that is either affiliated with the townspeople or the mafia. The goal is to rid every member of the opposite faction. Everyone will have a role. No one will know who is who, except the Mafia, who will know each other.

How to play
    1. You have to fill out a short application which can be found below. I'll accept almost any application, it's the effort that counts.
    2. You will receive two PMs: The Discussion PM and your role PM. The discussion PM is meant for lynch voting and your role PM informs you about what role you got and what you have to do.
    3. The game always starts during night-time. This means that the first part of the game will always require night-time votes.
    4. There will be a night-day cycle until the game ends with just 1 faction left. Use the PMs if you have further questions. :)

Rules
    • All actions must be PM’d to me in the designated conversation.
      • You’ll receive the results of your actions back in the same PM.
      • Your actions are anonymous unless they are successful.
    • No one will know the role of the others.
      • The Mafia will know who is in the Mafia.
      • The Masons will know each other.
      • Roles will be revealed upon death, as well as what faction killed them.
    • If you do not PM me before the deadline at 8 AM each day (@time), no action will be taken. If you're inactive, an anonymous person will replace you.
    • The maximum amount of players is 15 and I’ll go by the principle of first come, first serve each round.
    • Mafia-related discussion and lynch voting should take place in the Discussion PM you are invited to.
      • Lynch votes can be changed until the deadline.
    • All night-time actions are in the order Switch > Block > Investigate > Protect > Kill. However, blocks can still apply to other blockers or switches if applicable.
    Roles

All: During the day, you can vote to lynch someone.

Townspeople
    Win by eliminating all threats.
    • Citizen: No night-time role.
      • Doublevoter passive: If the lynch round ends in a tie, the citizen’s votes will count double.
      • Masons: Two citizens that know each other to be innocent and can protect one person from lynching the next day.
    • Doctor: Heal – Protects one person at night from being killed.
    • Bodyguard: Protect – Protects one person at night from all effects. If the target is killed, the Bodyguard dies instead.
    • Roleblocker: Block – Blocks one person at night.
    • Deflector: Switch – Switches two people at night. When person A is targeted, person B will be affected and vice versa.
    • Officer: Investigate – Investigates one person and will be returned ‘innocent’ or ‘guilty’ (Mafia).
    • Psychiatrist: Therapy - Every other night, the psychiatrist can investigate someone. If the target is the serial killer, he/she will turn into a goon or citizen (their choice).
    • Spy: A citizen that can listen to the Mafia's conversation at night, but not see who the Mafiosi are.
    Mafia
    Win by eliminating all threats or outnumbering the remaining participants.
    • Goon: Kill – Kills one person at night with the other goons. They choose who executes the kill.
      • Godfather: A goon who can have final say in the Mafia's decisions. The godfather can continue to talk at night but can't make decisions.
      • Reporter: Track – Tracks one person at night to see if they left the house or had visitors (meaning if they got targeted or targeted someone else).
    • Roleblocker: Block – Blocks one person at night.
    Third-party role
    • Serial killer: Kill – Kills one person at night, which is distinguished from Mafia or vigilante kills.
      • Will be found innocent upon officer investigation and guilty upon psychiatrist investigation.
      • Win objective: Eliminate everyone.
    • Nexus: Reflect – Every night, the Nexus sends me a number. Each number represents one person. All effects on the Nexus are reflected to the randomly chosen person (Kills excluded). The public will not know something was reflected by a Nexus.
      • Win objective: Survive along one remaining faction.

Application Format

In-game name: (for communication purposes)

How many times per day do you check the forums?:

Did you ever play Mafia / Town of Salem before?: (Yes / No)

Tell me something interesting about yourself!:

Code:
    [B]In-game name:[/B]

[B]How many times per day do you check the forums?:[/B]

[B]Did you ever play Mafia / Town of Salem before?:[/B]

[B]Tell me something interesting about yourself!:[/B]

Participants
    1. -

Current game status: -

Last edited: Mar 28, 2016
    • Like Like x 10
  2. OP
    OP
    Marty

Marty Headless Horseman

Apr 9, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    Broken
    Shadower
    Horizon
    Got 5 sign ups so far. I will close sign ups tonight at 10:00 PM server time. Go sign up people, it's fun! OnionBlush

• Like Like x 1
  3. OP
    OP
    Marty

Marty Headless Horseman

Apr 9, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    Broken
    Shadower
    Horizon
    Added a list of current participants. We're at 8 so the minimum is reached, but I'm hoping to get 10+ participants for more fun. Go sign up people!

4. OP
    OP
    Marty

Marty Headless Horseman

Apr 9, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    Broken
    Shadower
    Horizon
    Sign-ups have closed and roles have been assigned. Participants, check your inbox and keep track of the two PMs involved with the game, indicated by [Mafia].

I will post the events of the first night here once everyone has voted. If someone doesn't vote soon enough, his/her actions will be randomized.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Frisk

Frisk Pac Pinky

May 3, 2015
    Female
    Kasai (new main), Amira (old main)
    F/P Mage
    Labyrinth
    TOWN OF SALEM. LEMMI JOIN PLZ
    I'm too late, aren't I ;-;

6. OP
    OP
    Marty

Marty Headless Horseman

Apr 9, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    Broken
    Shadower
    Horizon
    You can join next game. :c

7. Soniii

Soniii Mixed Golem

Apr 10, 2015
    Female
    Chicago, IL
    5:59 AM
    ImSinXD
    Night Lord
    Beaters
    This is awesome lmfao

8. OP
    OP
    Marty

Marty Headless Horseman

Apr 9, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    Broken
    Shadower
    Horizon
    @Aero@Aero @Aquarium@Aquarium @Bulba@Bulba @Distance@Distance @Franco@Franco @Jas@Jas @Joy@Joy @Latte@Latte @Ryan@Ryan @Wooderson@Wooderson

Night 1

As darkness emerged to start the night, the two goons were already up and running to get ready for their next job. They needed to get it done before dawn without leaving any traces behind. They didn't want to get caught, obviously. Not before long, the two goons, as well as the 3rd Mafia member, set out to Wooderson's apartment. Once they were there, they immediatly got to work. The third Mafia member, however, realised that he had to report back to the boss already about their previous job, so he quickly set course back to HQ. He didn't make it, though, since cops were roaming the streets, looking for the three of them. He managed to avoid getting caught twice, but the third time didn't work out well. An officer found him and took him in for questioning.

Only a few questions in, the officer realised that the man in front of him was a Mafia member. And after asking about his family, the man broke down and admitted everything. Not so much of a tough guy, after all. That means the officer had proven that Aero is guilty of being a Mafia member. However, he is no murderer. But what was about to happen was unexpected by all. As the two got up and wanted to leave the room, a loud noise, a gunshot even, echoed through the night and the sound of shattering glass filled their ears. And when the officer turned around, Aero was dead on the ground with a bullet through his head. The officer ran to the window but could not for the life of him figure out what happened.

Back at Wooderson's apartment, the goons had already broken into his apartment. They then quickly realised he was still awake, so they had to change plans. Wooderson put up a struggle, but was defeated in the end. To prevent anyone from calling the cops or even a doctor, they quickly took all phones with them. And as quick as they had arrived, the goons were gone and felt that adrenaline rush already. Why they chose to kill an innocent citizen is a mystery.

Day 2

After the night's events, the citizens of Legends were outraged and wanted revenge. The idea of lynching quickly arose amongst the crowd and they quickly started voting to get rid of the culprit...

TL; DR:
    • The Mafia goons murdered Wooderson, an innocent and harmless citizen.
    • Aero was found guilty of being the Mafia Roleblocker.
    • Aero was also murdered by the serial killer.
    • One of the roleblockers successfully blocked the doctor.
    • The other roleblocker wasn't successful and targeted a harmless citizen.

Check your lynching PM to vote. We're down to eight players!

RIP Aero & Wooderson 2k15

• Like Like x 5
  9. Aero

Aero Skelosaurus

Apr 9, 2015
    Male
    12:59 PM
    Aero
    Night Lord
    Horizon
    Fuck.

• Like Like x 7
  10. Franco

Franco Wolfspider

May 25, 2015
    Male
    Argentina
    9:59 AM
    Hotguy6pack/Enough
    Night Lord
    Project
    Rip Aero, bastard Mafia member Kappa

• Like Like x 1
  11. Aero

Aero Skelosaurus

Apr 9, 2015
    Male
    12:59 PM
    Aero
    Night Lord
    Horizon
    My mafia nickname is Jon Snow

• Like Like x 1
  12. Frisk

Frisk Pac Pinky

May 3, 2015
    Female
    F/P Mage
    Labyrinth
    You know nothing.

...SHAME, SHAME, SHAME *dingdingding*

13. OP
    OP
    Marty

Marty Headless Horseman

Apr 9, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    Broken
    Shadower
    Horizon
    Day 2 - continued

Loud, violent cheers came from the crowd as 4 or 5 people dragged Joy to the center. "Lynch! Lynch! Lynch! Lynch!" was all that could be heard. And before she even had a chance to utter her final words, she was shot. Now she got a taste of her own medicine at last.

TL; DR (if needed):
    • Joy was lynched after half the participants voted her.
    • Joy wasn't innocent, as she was a goon of the Mafia.
    Everyone can now inform me who they choose to target for their night-time action. Check your inbox!

Last edited: Jul 19, 2015
    • Like Like x 4
  14. OP
    OP
    Marty

Marty Headless Horseman

Apr 9, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    Broken
    Shadower
    Horizon
  15. OP
    OP
    Marty

Marty Headless Horseman

Apr 9, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    Broken
    Shadower
    Horizon
    @Aquarium@Aquarium @Bulba@Bulba @Distance@Distance @Franco@Franco @Latte@Latte @Jas@Jas @Ryan@Ryan

Night 2

It was unlike any other night for Jas. She had just lost a dear friend of her, and even though she actually betrayed her, she felt devastated. When her friends asked her if she wanted to go out with them, she refused, though little did she know that she just made one of the worst decisions in her life.

She stayed at home, wanting to be alone. Joke's on her, though, since she wasn't alone at all. She sat down and wanted to watch some TV, but the TV didn't work. It was late so calling someone for help wasn't really an option, so she walked to the TV to see what's wrong with that stupid thing. She bent down and had her back towards the kitchen door. Not too smart in retrospect; the Mafia goon, who had been hiding there for a while now, took his chance and got to her almost instantly and before she could even respond to any of this, she took her last breath and her life, too, was over.

Satisfied with another job well done, the goon cleared his tracks and left. Filled with pride, he made his way back to HQ, but not paying close attention. As a killer, he of all people should know how people like him behave, yet he didn't, at the cost of his own life. Bulba was pulled away from sight and never returned. A few minutes later, a dark silhouette appeared, quickly stashing away a still bloody knife. No one knows where he went.

Day 3

Once again, another innocent citizen died last night. It was complete chaos at the police office. One of the officers had a lead on Latte, however, and immediatly decided to take him in for questioning after the events of last night. To no use, though: Latte was quickly identified as innocent. Come to think of it, all Mafia members were killed and they were no longer a threat. Who was this unknown figure, murdering left and right? Who is this serial killer? Not just the police wanted to know, the citizens of Legends demanded an answer. Once again, as an attempt to get rid of this disease in their community, they started discussing the possibility of a lynch...

TL; DR:
    • Jas was murdered by Mafia goon Bulba.
    • Bulba was also murdered by the serial killer.
      • This means the Mafia is now eliminated.
    • Latte was investigated by the officer and isn't a Mafia member.
    • The doctor and roleblocker had no effect this night.
    The five remaining players can now attempt to find the odd one out and lynch the serial killer and thereby finish the game... But who is it?

I'm also looking for feedback about the current game so I can improve the next round. Also accepting new sign-ups already for the next round; if you want to play again, use the PM I sent you specifically, please, so my inbox isn't too flooded.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2015
    • Like Like x 3
  16. Joy

Joy Capt. Latanica

Jun 17, 2015
    Female
    Toronto
    8:59 AM
    Deku
    Shadower
    Demure
    This game is so intense. GG mafia....

Also feedback: Great work Marty, especially keeping us in line and making things clear. The story telling is great and dramatic. I'm sure there's more but that's all I can think of.

• Like Like x 3
  17. Bulba

Bulba Skelegon Retired Staff

Dec 11, 2014
    Male
    Singapore
    8:59 PM
    Wtf this serial killer using hacks!!

• Like Like x 5
  18. Frisk

Frisk Pac Pinky

May 3, 2015
    Female
    F/P Mage
    Labyrinth
    Be sure to let me join! >.<'

19. OP
    OP
    Marty

Marty Headless Horseman

Apr 9, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    Broken
    Shadower
    Horizon
    Day 3 - continued

Pointing fingers was really all that happened... And to what end? It seemed like it was just innocent citizens being targeted by lynching, because yet again, an innocent citizen was lynched by the crowd. This time, Aquarium was the poor guy to take the bullet, but the real killer was still lurking amongst them.

TL; DR:
    • Aquarium was lynched.
    • He was also an innocent citizen.
    That means four left, one of which is the serial killer... Can the citizens still win against this threat?

The four remaining players can now check their inbox for their night-time actions.

Also still open to new sign-ups for Mafia, round 2! I will probably add one or two extra roles to make it more exciting for all. :)

• Like Like x 1
  20. OP
    OP
    Marty

Marty Headless Horseman

Apr 9, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    Broken
    Shadower
    Horizon
    Night 3

I think it's safe to say that all citizens of Legends were scared right now. Ryan was no exception. He avoided being alone at all times, scared he might be the killer's next target. He has all reason to be scared, too, since he was. But there were even times where he had to be alone, and our killer gladly took advantage of such situations. When Ryan went to use the bathroom, he never returned. His friend panicked and called the cops, but to no use, really. Ryan was already gone, presumably murdered by the serial killer that roams the streets of Legends. At this rate, not much will be left of the town as we know it...

Day 4

True panic now emerged among the few that remain. This maniac did a great job at hiding himself, too, which led to friends becoming enemies and trust was no longer a thing. Drastic measures had to be taken. Only 3 people left, and 1 of them a crazy murderer... Who is it? This is the last chance of finding and getting rid of him, once and for all.

TL; DR:
    • Ryan was murdered by the serial killer
    • The doctor protected the wrong person.
    • The officer has no use anymore, since the Mafia has been eliminated.
    PM me your lynch votes now!

@Distance@Distance @Franco@Franco @Latte@Latte @Ryan@Ryan

Also, be sure to sign up for round 2! I will add at least 1 more role to add to the fun!

• Like Like x 2