1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Macintosh Game not loading on Mac

Discussion in 'Technical Issues' started by iKillForFood, May 19, 2017.

1. iKillForFood

iKillForFood Mano

May 19, 2017
    Male
    11:17 PM
    Hi Everyone,

Just recently purchased a second hand iMac which had a faulty SSD. Had the SSD replaced and had macOS Sierra Version 10.12.4.

I'm completely new to using a Mac, however I have been following all the guides available on this forum and just cannot get the game to load. I was originally getting the X11 problem, I tried all of the methods I could possibly find on this forum with no luck, the game pops up at the bottom of the screen then disappears.

I have followed these threads:
    https://forum.maplelegends.com/inde...-to-activate-core-devices-error-on-mac.10105/

https://forum.maplelegends.com/index.php?threads/failed-to-activate-core-devices-mac.11600/

Anyone have any ideas on what to do? I have read around on the internet about using a programme to instal a partition of Windows on the Mac, however I really do not want to do this.

iKillForFood

2. merky

merky Mr. Anchor

Apr 13, 2016
    Male
    6:17 AM
    Crusader
    Just to check: when you opened the game for the first tine, did you simply double click on the app icon? Mac blocks any apps that it thinks aren't legit, so you have to right click and select 'open'.

Alternatively it might be a Sierra issue. I'm still on Yosemite and the game runs flawlessly.

3. ThePotatoSalad

ThePotatoSalad Windraider

Mar 19, 2017
    Male
    Sweden
    12:17 AM
    LucyFlower/ZhanShen666
    Bishop
    ChineseSoul
    Can you give some screen shots for showing your current situation?

4. OP
    OP
    iKillForFood

iKillForFood Mano

May 19, 2017
    Male
    I didn't the very first time, so I sent the game to the trash, unzipped the game again and tried but did not work. I downloaded a link which one of the moderators had previously posted in one of the threads I mentioned, which again didn't work when right clicked and open.

After a quick google I now know how to screenshot on a mac :rolleyes: What would you want in the screenshots? I currently have wineskin winery version 2.6 installed, I did previously have the porting kit but that didn't seem to work.

5. ThePotatoSalad

Mar 19, 2017
    Male
    Sweden
    LucyFlower/ZhanShen666
    Bishop
    ChineseSoul
    So you can start the game without any x11 error window pops out?

"The game pops up at the bottom of the screen then disappears", what happen after the game screen disappears? i need screen shot about this one.

6. OP
    OP
    iKillForFood

iKillForFood Mano

May 19, 2017
    Male
    Nothing happens, it just disappears

• Like Like x 1
  7. ThePotatoSalad

Mar 19, 2017
    Male
    Sweden
    LucyFlower/ZhanShen666
    Bishop
    ChineseSoul
  8. OP
    OP
    iKillForFood

iKillForFood Mano

May 19, 2017
    Male
    • Like Like x 1
  9. ThePotatoSalad

Mar 19, 2017
    Male
    Sweden
    LucyFlower/ZhanShen666
    Bishop
    ChineseSoul
    Do you have any antivirus program in your current mac?

Did you check your system Perferences if the system is blocking your game?

When you download the game you need to set "allow unidentifield developers"in system preferences, so your application can be downloaded. If you didnt do that, you can still download the game but you cant play it.

10. Chris

Chris Zakum Retired Staff

Jan 18, 2016
    Maple Island
    6:17 PM
    Christopher
    Islander
    Southperry
  11. OP
    OP
    iKillForFood

iKillForFood Mano

May 19, 2017
    Male
    [
    I don't have any anti virus software. Just checked the system preferences which has an option of allow app store and identified developers. Nothing about unidentified developers

Tried both, neither of them work. Feel like I must be doing something wrong. I have been right clicking and then opening

12. ThePotatoSalad

Mar 19, 2017
    Male
    Sweden
    LucyFlower/ZhanShen666
    Bishop
    ChineseSoul
    The only thing you can do now is : try to reinstall the game and this time make sure you follow every step and do it right.

13. OP
    OP
    iKillForFood

iKillForFood Mano

May 19, 2017
    Male
    To install on mac it's just a case of unzipping to the application folder right? In the zip fil there is a folder called "macosx" and i'm not sure what that is for

14. ThePotatoSalad

Mar 19, 2017
    Male
    Sweden
    LucyFlower/ZhanShen666
    Bishop
    ChineseSoul
    You just download the game by clicking the download link for mac, after that move the file to your application folder(drag the maple story "icon" from download folder -> (finder-> application)). Then follower the steps:

1. Follow the installing steps over here:
    1.1 Open "Wineskin Winery"
    1.2 Simply update Wrapper Version (Wineskin-2.6.2 or later) and Installed Engines (WS9Wine1.7.52 or later)
    1.3 Next right click on application inside Applications folder, select "Show Package Contents" and than double click "Wineskin" icon inside it
    1.4 Next click "Advanced" button and go to "Tools" tab
    1.5 Click "Update Wrapper", this automatically update the wrapper for your application
    1.6 Click "Change Engine Used", select the latest downloaded Engine (WS9Wine1.7.52 or later) and click "OK"
    1.7 Finally, close all windows and you're done - now you can run your application like before without compromising security of OS X

While start the game, your mac might ask you if you are allow to start the game, if so do like i said before : When you download the game you need to set "allow unidentifield developers"in system preferences, so your application can be downloaded. If you didnt do that, you can still download the game but you cant play it.

Last edited: May 20, 2017
  15. OP
    OP
    iKillForFood

iKillForFood Mano

May 19, 2017
    Male
    Got it to work now

I used the download that Chris supplied. I had previously used that one but used a 2.2 engine instead of the 2.6 and it worked fine

Thank you for all your help guys, see you in game hopefully :)

16. ThePotatoSalad

Mar 19, 2017
    Male
    Sweden
    LucyFlower/ZhanShen666
    Bishop
    ChineseSoul
    Nice to hear :)