1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Has the hoarding issue been resolved?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by -ovv, Jan 19, 2022.

Is hoarding still a problem?

1. Yes

66 vote(s)
    61.7%
  2. No

41 vote(s)
    38.3%
  1. yurain

yurain Windraider

Dec 30, 2019
    11:19 PM
    YUrain
    I/L Wizard
    Isn't X mage farming always the way to best way to farm meso compared to bossing, and it will remain that way.
    I don't think the coin's initiate aim is to get those x mage farmers to boss more frequently.

Of course you can have the other way of solo bossing with mulitple attackers, especially at scarga now. But that ROI is way less than X mage farming.

2. OP
    OP
    -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    8:19 AM
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    You're missing the point. This isn't about meso generation or multimaging itself. This is about the rate at which prestigious coins enter into the market which will inevitably fall once the event is over.

Events are a time when people venture out of their normal routine to try new content. It's not like every multimaging farmer is stuck with multimaging and would never consider moving onto something more interactive or engaging if it is comparable. Sure, multimaging generates white scrolls, but I'm confident that every white scroll that gets generated by a multimager will be kept to eventually be used, so none will enter the market for sale.

In an end-game server, meso is only but a means to acquire white scrolls. Mesos become less and less valuable as the supply of available white scrolls/prestigious coins approaches zero.

3. yurain

yurain Windraider

Dec 30, 2019
    YUrain
    I/L Wizard
    Hm. Tldr, i agree with you the coins not really solving the hoarding.

But again, I actually think that people will boss more for the coins after the event? Because many players are just staying at hhg now most of the time to do the 50 points for their character instead of boss coins. I could also be totally wrong on this and players just not bother playing after event.

4. OP
    OP
    -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    The problem with this logic is that people moving from Strat A to Strat B is that it's not additive but rather transitive. After events, raffling, a large generator of white scrolls, gets removed from the game. And even so, this does not mean that people who were partaking in raffling weren't already bossing for coins during the event. The player base increases during events, and the player base falls during off-seasons. Fewer people around means fewer people bossing to generate coins, and fewer people to farm to generate gach. While people do various types of contents during events, they revert back to their normal strategies afterwards. If bossing for coins is found out to be less progressive than multimaging, people will go back to multimaging.

This feeds back into the logic loop - during events, white scrolls are at its peak supply and we can see that visibly through the yellow texts that become more frequent. However, in the off-season, will players continue to boss for coins or will they revert back to their market-supply dependent strategy in farming for mesos? Looking at MrPresident's log, he's generated about 1/4th to 1/2 of a white scroll (25-50 coins) in 15 hours of bossing. In multimaging terms, 15 hours is something like 500m+ or 2.5 white scrolls. However, in a market that can only generate so many coins for sale amidst a crowd of multimagers, where do the coins go?

5. yurain

yurain Windraider

Dec 30, 2019
    YUrain
    I/L Wizard
    I think we need to seperate the issue of, are coins dropping enough and people hoarding coins seperately.

Well coins hoarding is really expected since it is literally the WS/CS replacment, people used to hoard WS, so they hoard coins now, nothing changed other than down sizing the unit from 1WS to 100coins. Furthermore, it is also hoard for high value trades in place of meso. I really dont think much you can do to change this, unless you slap some expiry date to forcfully flush out the coins into the economy.

6. lv1crook

lv1crook Capt. Latanica

Jan 19, 2021
    Male
    Level1Crook
    Corsair
    Flow
    I thought the hoarding problem was more or less solved given how much bossing has improved, but after reading this thread I have changed my mind. Clown guy has made some good points

7. iPippy

iPippy Nightshadow

May 19, 2019
    Male
    11:19 AM
    iPippy
    It's all repeated information at this point, but as long as ws/cs remain as *the* indisputable endgame for every player, for every class, for every situation, then nothing will change with respect to hoarding. Even players with perfect weapons will still use ws on every other item they own (glove, overall, hat-the list goes on forever). Nothing short of an infinite supply or reasonable scrolling alternative can possibly hope to stop ws/cs being the singular safest investment in the game. Everyone needs them, and needs more of them.

What does the coin actually accomplish then? The system currently takes a bit of ws/cs generation from gach (that 10% tax) and gives it to bossing content to be not laughably bad, giving it a meso value that is at least partially tied to the value of these scrolls. Previously, all the items generated by bossing were in danger of being obsoleted in the long term, when rare skill books and equips have enough market penetration that no endgame characters need it. This creates the start of a "future-proofed" bossing landscape, where bossing would not be truly irrelevant.

Of course, if a player's goal is ONLY to generate cs/ws/meso (which it likely is after 200), then experience or untradable raid items like helmets provide effectively 0 utility to the player. It is little wonder why most squads go nuts over the little coin pouches, almost to the point of running solely for coins. Without including the exp gained from running bosses, current mage farm/mage leech/multi mage shenanigans will easily outpace bossing for coins, and mage strategies can still earn exp too! Seems like a good time to ask if this solely the fault of bossing not being "good enough", or if mages/farming are "too good". Probably a bit of both.

I actually dont agree with the logic that ws/cs supply is necessarily lower if it's based solely on looking at coin owl listings. Even before coins, who actually sold ws/cs? Low level players who got lucky on gach, players trading from cs->ws or vice versa, or players looking to cash out/trade for big ticket items. High level players all know the best time to sell a ws is never, and the only reason they were even listed pre-patch was because of market speculation. The only decrease in marketable supply I can agree with is the "lost" 10% on non-endgame player gachs being redistributed among the bossing populace. Whether those numbers actually line up to match I'm not certain (we'd have to see another staff report of "xxx coins have been generated from bossing").

And those coins earned from bossing go directly into bosser pockets, where the bosses decide what to do with their coins. The same player base who is perpetually ws starved and will never have enough. Those coins would likely never leave the player's inventory, the same fate as if said player earned a gach or event ws/cs. Except this time a player can feel like they making progress towards the massive ws requirements without having to deal with the multimage-controlled. Once somebody makes some initial statistics of drop rates, we can speculate how many coins an average player is expected to see after the number of hts+zaks+jcs an average level 200 attacker would have under their belt. General players have done bossing while it was considered "bad" and will continue to do so.

I can't argue for or against the numbers being right without knowing what they are, but boss coins represent a passive earning ability that doesn't require mage abuse, or buying from market. There is, however, a notable shift in coin earnings from parties that would likely sell their ws (new players funding chars) to ones that would not sell their ws (almost any mid-late game bossing char).

My stance? Hoarding isn't solved (and can't be without drastic measures), but it's much less of a "problem" now. Coin drop rates might end up needing tuning, but if anything, this highlights how good mage farming truly is imo.

• Agree Agree x 3
  8. OP
    OP
    -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    I feel like these two points answer themselves. The available ws/cs supply (available meaning those being sold) is indeed lower due to the 10% tax on those being sold into the market and a direct 10% supply cut on existing white scrolls from previous hoarders. Those getting generated by bossers will either be kept in their inventory as they also see hoarding as a strategy, or they will get eaten up by the multimager mesos at a higher and higher price.

Here's another question - does the prestigious coin system itself encourage higher and higher prices? Does the system itself encourage hoarding?

9. TORONTOTOKYO

TORONTOTOKYO Windraider

Oct 16, 2021
    just take ur ranged attackers on multiple pc and solo zak(whatever boss) daily for the 0~40coins. thats where the meta is heading now.
    eventually, there will be too many multi-mage players and coins will increase in price that solo/reduced-ppl bossing is the way to go.

10. aaaaaaaaa

aaaaaaaaa Mano

Feb 22, 2021
    remake thread this title and poll skewed vote

11. Alyosha

Alyosha Skelegon Retired Staff

Mar 9, 2017
    Dostoevsky
    Dark Knight
    Spirit
    [​IMG]

Can make 2 WS at 300mil each and a bunch more at 310mil each. Welcome to the era of 300mil+ WS/CS peepoggers

12. OP
    OP
    -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    upload_2022-1-28_19-32-36.png

Guess bossing is profitable now.

Time to make a new thread about bossing profitability and its relation to leech prices.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Kirep

Kirep Mano

Mar 19, 2019
    Male
    Porosk
    .02. I think hoarding will probably always be an issue. However I do feel like there are more "WS" on the market compared before. I think WS before the update was 250mill? So fair pricing for the coins to me would be in the range of 2.5mill~3.125mill. Numbers from 'last price of ws'/'coins obtainable from pouch 5'. However I think that the pricing from "BOOMERHB" is totally justified. I assume what he does is just buy all the underpriced coins and marks them up, because you will be paying for convenience.

14. Jaewonnie

Jaewonnie Capt. Latanica

Apr 21, 2020
    Crimsonwood Mountain: Cavern of Pain
    PAWGChamp
    Buccaneer
    kek.JPG

kek

15. TORONTOTOKYO

TORONTOTOKYO Windraider

Oct 16, 2021
    the implementation of p coins was nvr meant to resolve the hoarding issue.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Jaewonnie

Jaewonnie Capt. Latanica

Apr 21, 2020
    Crimsonwood Mountain: Cavern of Pain
    PAWGChamp
    Buccaneer
    Right. It was meant to make white scrolls more available. But what's the point of that if they became more expensive lol

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Cak33

Cak33 Headless Horseman

Oct 24, 2019
    Male
    NotCut3
    Hero
    Active
    at one point, mesos will be totally not valuable and prestigious coin will be the only currency for trade. is it good? i have no idea. but it will wipe off multi-mage farming one day, as mesos are worthless and only use for paying taxes/pots

18. Cak33

Cak33 Headless Horseman

Oct 24, 2019
    Male
    NotCut3
    Hero
    Active
    at least u can get them yourself, no need to rely on market

19. OP
    OP
    -ovv