1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Hey! Introducing my self..

Discussion in 'Introductions & Farewells' started by db42, Aug 7, 2020.

Do you like the software I've made and think it should be allowed?

1. No! This is cheating!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. I guess it could help.

66.7%
  3. Yes! It's so good!

33.3%
  1. db42

db42 Red Snail

Jul 16, 2020
    Male
    Israel
    12:51 AM
    orix22
    Cleric
    Pokemons
    I've finally decided Imma check out the forums in deep :p

I'm 23 years old from Israel, Playing MapleLegends for about a month now, Came here after a frustrating experience with MapleStory, They changed the game so much and ruined it, Freedom of speech, I think that adding all of these new class's destroyed their game, Anywho and than I found MapleLegends! What a Master Peace Right?!?

So fun to play, so original, so much nostaliga.. right?!?

Anyways, I'm not here to eat your brains lol so let's sum up with how I look like:
    https://maplelegends.com/api/getavatar?name=orix22
    And what's my level, guild, exp, fame and job are:
    https://maplelegends.com/api/character?name=orix22

I know right, amazing, getting these link was very hard, but a kind forum post and a quick google search for the MapleLegends API led me there,
    I got it to create a software that uses this information like my job and level to help me easily access the skill build for each of my characters, this is how it works:

Every time I press a keyboard shortcut my software pops up and shows me the skill build.
    I have another keyboard shortcut to cycle the names of my characters in my software,
    And I've added my character names to the software of course....
    Resulting in an insanely useful and legit software that all it does is basically pull information about your character from the MapleLegends API and use it to know what job you are, what skill build to show, and even highlights the level you are supposed to use skill points for!

Insane right?

it looks like this:
    (I just wanna say I am not advertising anything just going through my favorite stuff about maple and making sure my introduction is as interesting as possible!)
    software.png

EXAMPLE.png
    And it's so fun to use
    The plan is to overlay this on top of everything...
    But first, I think stuff like this needs approval right?
    So what do you people think about it?
    Please vote at the top of this page ^_^

I've also put up my entire maple story in my profile if you wish to read lol
    Thanks for reading feel free to contact me for any reason <3
    Peace and love from Israel.

As a bonus for entering this post, here's what us noobs do for Mesos hehe: (stuff I send over discord and the stuff I collect, I recommend you do the same its actually getting me hits :)
    SELLING.png
    SELLING 1.png
    OWL SERVICE.PNG

2. Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    11:51 PM
    So many I keep forgetting
    I mean sure it's a cool feature, I just don't really think it's A) aesthetically pleasing for players and B) necessary.

Besides, where are you pulling skill builds? They're still fairly debated sometimes and there's not necessarily one correct path (look at chief bandit grind/explode build, spearman dedicated vs hybrid)

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. OP
    OP
    db42

db42 Red Snail

Jul 16, 2020
    Male
    Israel
    12:51 AM
    orix22
    Cleric
    Pokemons
    Well, The skill builds are editable, And it uses the JOB name as the file name, When you first run the software it will generate my favorite builds, and you can easily edit them:
    skills.png
    note: if a skill build does not exist for your job it will tell you, also when it overlays MapleStory it looks way better I gotta say, also it's so useful for me every time I level up I wanna check with my skill build.. in the future it will also tell beginners-low levels how they suppose to level their stats, check other people levels,exp and see how they look like, and in some day I will add an option to choose the skill guides for each job based on the name of the author and also allow people to submit new ones.

I will only do all of that if an approval is made^^
    I will also work on the fonts, and I can turn it into a visually maple like window that overlays maple itself like one of the GUI'S but need to design some and work on the fonts.

Unless huge demand will be for that or an admin specifically ask me to produce a working version for it, I will keep it for myself, I might do github if approved