1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

How do you do it?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by BigGucciSosa, Oct 5, 2015.

1. BigGucciSosa

BigGucciSosa Snail

Oct 5, 2015
    5:05 PM
    How do you guys stay motivated. I want to stay motivated and get third job but i can never seem to get past the 30's

2. Clown

Clown Zakum

Jun 27, 2015
    Male
    The Netherlands
    11:05 PM
    Unknown
    Night Lord
    ✪Circus✪
    Hmm good question. Well the best way for me is making friends, trying to keep up. Do some quests to mix things up...

• Like Like x 2
  3. Sentifer

Sentifer Mano

Oct 3, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    Sentifer
    Hunter
    GoedVerhaal
    I, for one, just love questing in MapleLegends. My motivation for leveling is wanting to find out what kind of quests the game will throw at me next and what places they'll take me to.

Of course... you can just look it up... but what the fun in that!? :)

• Like Like x 1
  4. Joy

Joy Capt. Latanica

Jun 17, 2015
    Female
    Toronto
    Deku
    Shadower
    Demure
    Maple can get lonely if you're hunting by yourself. I was lucky to have JasJas with me for motivation, but those days when she wasn't on I would either quest or try to PQ, or even help lower level Maplers out just so I could forget about that exp bar. I also think the thought of bossing and killing higher level monsters kept me going too.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Aero

Aero Skelosaurus

Apr 9, 2015
    Male
    10:05 PM
    Aero
    Night Lord
    Horizon
    Don't be a bitch, be a fucking king - Athene.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Doap

Doap Mixed Golem

Jan 15, 2015
    Male
    Doap
    Hunter
    :less
    I've been playing since day 1 (April 1st). It's now October 5th. Thats 187 days
    My only character is lvl 67. <- I don't burn myself out by playing 15 hours a day. The thought of "motivation" never crosses my mind because I only play when I want to. Not forcing myself to grind for 3 hours if I have better shit I could be doing.

7. Leslie

Leslie Dark Stone Golem

Jan 4, 2015
    Female
    Joo Won's Bedroom
    I feel motivated to level a different character each week. Does that count?

• Like Like x 1
  8. Latte

Latte Headless Horseman Retired Staff

Mar 29, 2015
    USA
    Latte
    Bishop
    Horizon
    Ive played since the second day, managed to get my bishop to 170, now I grind different characters on occasion. I was able to stay motivated because I'm always multi-tasking. I never just grind, while I grind I'm always watching/listening to something, either shows, movies, anime, podcast, lectures, audio book etc. if I'm not doing any of that than I'm in a Skype call with friends. When I joined I never specifically set a level I wanted to reach, my only goal was to get farther than I did back in the days of v62... So like 40-50... I thought it would take a lot longer but when I'm focused I can no-life for days..

Also I drink lots of coffee, I have a sleeping disorder, and I have hyper focus issues, add all that together and I can grind for days without issue. But I do have a life as well lol.

9. Jackii Kon

Jackii Kon Dark Stone Golem

Sep 21, 2015
    Male
    Dragon Knight
    :(
    Well for me it's not so much about being motivated but living through the grind. Having streams/videos in the background and doing some quests from time to time helps you stay sane.
    Endure the grinddd

10. BlackStealth

BlackStealth Mixed Golem

Aug 10, 2015
    Male
    Cape Canaveral FL.
    StealthStory Lv124 BambooBoy Lv96
    Bishop
    BambooBoys
    best motivational speech I've ever seen.

11. Zaltor

Zaltor Dark Stone Golem

Apr 8, 2015
    Male
    10:05 PM
    Zaltor
    I/L Arch Mage
    Demure
    Use a controller