1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Hunting Gachapon Tickets

Discussion in 'Accepted' started by Heartiess, Jan 21, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Heartiess

Heartiess Guest

2:58 PM
    Hello Everyone,

It has been 9 months since Hunting Gachapon Tickets have been added to monster drops. As
    you know, these tickets increase your chances of getting scrolls over worthless equips and
    potions.
    We would like to know what you think about the changes. Please note this is STRICTLY about
    HUNTING gachapon tickets and NOT Cash Shop Gachapon tickets. These:

[​IMG]

The staff would like to know your feedback on them. Have they helped you get the scrolls you
    need (either by exchanging them yourselves or finding them in the Free Market)? Do you have
    any suggestions to better the Hunting Gachapon Ticket?

I ask you to kindly stay on topic for this discussion, we will accept constructive criticism or
    compliments depending on how you feel.

Thank you
    Nubbi and Team ~

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 22, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
  2. xNivx

xNivx Headless Horseman

Apr 18, 2016
    Male
    Shin Sekai
    7:58 AM
    xNivx
    Dark Knight
    Horny
    higher drop chance rate pls

• Like Like x 3
  3. Chow

Chow Selkie Jr.

Jul 28, 2016
    Male
    3:58 PM
    Honestly like Mugiwara said, aside from the droprate being atrocious (imo, no offense.) I find them being a great addition to the game, especially for newer players 'cause it gives them a chance to make a decent amount of money for pots etc to start out with, w/o having to struggle a lot at the beginning. Gachapon is supposed to be RNG, so I've got no problems regarding the hunting tickets in general, just the droprate could be increased a little bit, just to put things into perspective, I started playing on ML on the 31st of July. Since then I've had 5 or 6 drops in total while playing pretty much every day for at least 2-3 hours. ~

• Like Like x 4
  4. Zyku

Zyku Stone Golem

Jan 21, 2017
    Male
    8:58 AM
    Zyku, Vulpix, Expert
    I/L Arch Mage
    Agape
    Personally, I love them. It is always a good surprise when grinding exp to find one. First one I ever found was when I was around level 25 and I believe it gave me an overall INT 60% that I ended up selling and got money for potions, which helped out a lot!

I don't know what the drop rate is like for them, but from level 43 to 63 I didn't find a single one, but then after level 63 I ended up finding two within 10 minutes. If the drop rate were increased, that would be awesome, but at the rate they are now it is still a good find when just trying to level up!

• Like Like x 1
  5. Shona

Shona Slime

Aug 12, 2016
    Female
    Shona
    I/L Wizard
    I've found 3 tickets in my 44 levels here. As the above said, a higher drop chance would be lovely. It's always a nice surprise to see one drop. With our low drop rates it can be difficult first starting out on this server so it certainly gives new players a nice lil boost to help them on their way. It's a great addition. :D

• Like Like x 2
  6. davetastic

davetastic Mano

Jan 14, 2017
    Male
    TX, USA
    8:58 AM
    Davetastic
    Shadower
    Horny
    Drop Rate,
    Lvl 56 and I've come across about 5 maybe 6 the whole time I've played this character.

7. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    I've gotten scrolls, but can't say I remember much particularly valuable OR anything I've actually wanted.

I'd still much rather have it so items that were once gachapon-only be distributed to monsters, but I guess this is marginally better than the regular gach system...

• Like Like x 7
  8. Planisphere

Planisphere Master Chronos

Jul 25, 2016
    Male
    Australia
    11:58 PM
    Planisphere
    Shadower
    I've managed to gather 20+ hunting gacha's over time #Blessedbytherngcan'tsaythesameforscrolling
    It feels like since the last hunting gacha drop rate buff, it has improved overall MapleF3

9. LuckyCharms

LuckyCharms Brown Teddy

Oct 11, 2015
    Male
    Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
    6:58 AM
    LuckyCharms, Pebbles, Cheerios, Fargo
    Bishop
    Demure
    i've gotten around 25 tickets since this began. I think i've gotten about 2 scrolls worth 10M+ and the rest is mostly worthless scrolls. Feels like I get alot of Defence and 1H weapon scrolls that I end up just dropping.
    I think the hunting gachapon payout should stay the same, but increase the amount of hunting tickets so that we can have fun with more gachapon plays.

I've also noticed that some types of monsters are much more likely to drop tickets than others

• Like Like x 1
  10. Huiae

Huiae Headless Horseman

Aug 1, 2015
    Female
    Seoul, Korea
    10:58 PM
    Verdict
    Bishop
    WeenieHutJrs
    i've used like 400~500s of it, and can say definitely that it has significantly high chance for scroll, for sure. (yes, I got equips like lesser than 1 inventory-24 slots for whole gach runs.) but droptable was too vast, so scrolls actually I used was less than 10s. (maybe...bot dex and helm dex, cfa30, and chaos, as I remember.) rest 300~400s, just threw up, or dueyed to ppls I thought who'll need them and can use them useful. well, with ratio of "can be useful for someone" and "totally tissue" was like 3:7, I think it's pretty nice. can't tell it's good for making $ or not, since I never calced prices for scrolls I dueyed. (price shit is 2hard4me q.q). This tik makes me remind the time when there was no such things. #2k15life. and that bug 100% mesos drop also

honestly I doubt for this. there was days when i even couldn't get any single tiks for 10hr+ grinding, and more than 15 tiks in only 2 hrs. in same skele map, same cc. same phenomena in kent also. so I just think it's RNG matter. and i'm pretty sure that tiks (and event drops, like halloween candy, snowpieces) "detects" skills. for example, TT attacks only single target, and blizz/meteor hits 15 targets in max, blizz has 1/15 chance for dropping them compared with TT. (not sure for that number, but I strongly guess so.) also think this is quite fair. but.... if it's really 1/15, than.... blizz/meteor is much slower than TT! q.q..... (but gets exp/mesos insanely faster than TT. so, cons and pros.)

Still can't deny that it really motivates for grinding. and change of tik droprate, and drop table, probabilities for eaches, should be trated very carefully, cos it effects on economy (what really pro things for ML - stablility for economy!) directly.

what I really hope to suggest is, this is not CIDER. #stackplz.
    I think it's possible in technically. cos those tiks doesn't have any expiration day for each alls.

1k tik run hype

Last edited: Jan 22, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
  11. OP
    OP
    Heartiess

Heartiess Guest

Have hunting gachapon tickets helped you get the scrolls you need (either by exchanging them yourselves or finding them in the Free Market)?

12. Number32

Number32 Skelegon Retired Staff

Jul 3, 2015
    Male
    The Netherlands
    Smores
    Bishop
    Demure
    No

• Like Like x 3
  13. xNivx

xNivx Headless Horseman

Apr 18, 2016
    Male
    Shin Sekai
    xNivx
    Dark Knight
    Horny
    No

• Like Like x 3
  14. Buma

Buma Orange Mushroom

Dec 25, 2016
    4:58 PM
    Dobi
    Marksman
    Yes, I got cfma 30% today, just the scroll I needed. Usually I get pretty good scrolls with hunting tix, better than with normal gach tix.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Huiae

Huiae Headless Horseman

Aug 1, 2015
    Female
    Seoul, Korea
    10:58 PM
    Verdict
    Bishop
    WeenieHutJrs
    obviously, better than nothing.

16. Annolis

Annolis Skelegon

Jul 20, 2015
    Male
    Southern California
    6:58 AM
    Marchilles/Annolis/ Atlan/Katroz/ Chokal/Corvack/Tisif/ Quallo/Crisilixin/Forg/ Nannosh/Tylius
    Crusader, White Knight, Dragon Knight, F/P Mage, I/L Mage, Priest, Ranger, Sniper, Hermit, Chief Bandit, Marauder, Outlaw
    Eternals
    Each of my 12 chars are between 51 and 70, and each of them have had about 4 to 6 drops each. I never gached when I was in Neckson's MapleStory, so this is a nice turn of pace to use the Gachapon. It's a nice addition - no complaints either way. =o)

17. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    Not really. Arguably, what little I sold the scrolls I got from hunting gach (maybe merched for up to 10m total, not sure) would have helped to achieve buying items I want in the FM... but the problem is I still don't have nearly enough money for things that I want for my character currently. What do I want for my character?

white scrolls & chaos scrolls
    sure, it's definitely a "luxury item" to make perfect/insane gear, but I can't even consider using these at all yet. They're too rare/expensive and not likely enough to succeed vs the cost anyway.​

branch nose
    Wanted one just so I could add some HP to it. The price used to be 10m, but it skyrocketed up to 30m, if I ever see any in the FM at all.​

high-quality ele wand 5/6
    the total cost to make a godly ele wand now is billions upon billions. A clean wand with near max stats is a couple hundred million mesos at least, 30% wand scrolls are 7m a pop, and the supply of either isn't adequate anyway.​

godly matk gloves, shield, and cape
    I want to increase my character's matk more, but at this point the cost is exponential and has become prohibitively expensive. Clean brown work gloves go for around 30m, the purple adventurer capes are about the same I think... yellow adventurer cape could be slightly better but is even more unlikely to scroll better.. And as for shields, well, either way it would take lots of 30% scrolls for all this gear which we simply don't have.

Even if I can improve my character's gear, keep in mind that mage/bishop dps is pathetically weak at bosses. Yeah, yeah, we get ultimates. If you rely on these, once you pass a certain magic attack threshold, any further magic increases don't help you anyway because you are already 2shotting or 1shotting the mobs consistently. So I'm just talking about bossing here.

And there's quite a disparity when it comes to improving gear and damage buffs.

Consumables
    Heartstoppers boost warriors' damage by around 45-50%, and boosts a NLs' damage by around 50-60%. They are also easily farmable.

Meanwhile, there just aren't many items which increase matk at all, and even if you can get uber lucky and get an item like Subani's mystical cauldron, a +200 matk buff would only grant around a 22-24% damage increase.. the weaker you are, the more pronounced the increase.

Scrolling
    30% scroll a weapon with weapon attack, you could get a damage increase of around 4-6% depending on what your watk was before this.

30% scroll a wand or staff, and you pretty much get 1/2 to 1/3 that boost.

Chaos scroll a pac, and you could get up to that amount of damage increase if you are really lucky.

Chaos scroll a yellow snowshoe just for int (lol), and, well, again, it's not nearly as effective.

So basically, yeah. When I do play, I don't really get many hunting tickets. I get mostly junk from them anyway, and what I can sell doesn't come close to what I want to buy because the supply for the things I want is too damn low, and the demand is too damn high. And even if I could buy what I wanted, the benefits wouldn't be that noticeable.

• Like Like x 2
  18. deribou

deribou Skelegon

Nov 17, 2015
    9:58 AM
    liesdotcom
    Marksman
    better than nothing, but high chance of garbage scroll versus getting regular garbage from nx gachapon ticket
    tldr: we are broke help us out GMs
    the old changes to gachapon makes some items not obtainable and the hunting gachapon is nice but doesn't remedy it (it's still nice)

• Like Like x 1
  19. cscpx

cscpx Timer

May 17, 2017
    Toronto, Canada
    9:58 AM
    cscpx
    Priest
    Animals
    Gacha tickets have been pretty good to me.

I've found probably about 12 now ( lvl 52 cleric )

Got brown work gloves and scrolled it too, all materials I got were from gacha before lvl 45

I guess it depends on luck

20. Stance88

Stance88 Dark Stone Golem

May 28, 2015
    Male
    Denmark
    Stance
    Hero
    Aeon
    Got nothing I needed :) lvl 117 Priest. The drop rate is a tad to the low side. Other than that I see their use as a positive addition to the game :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.