1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

If previous Piece of Time ETC's are going to be made useless, so should previous ToT boss ETC's

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by porl, Nov 1, 2020.

1. porl

porl Mixed Golem

May 30, 2020
    Male
    3:04 AM
    Bishop, Night Lord, Buccaneer
    Pasta
    This is in response to the recent Pink Bean update and notes here: ( https://forum.maplelegends.com/index.php?threads/welcome-pink-bean.35080/ )

Since the previously looted Piece of Time ETCs have now been made useless (can't use them to craft), I believe the similar ETC's (Whale's Helmet, Knight's Mask & Guardian's Horn) that drop from the Temple of Time Areas Bosses (Dodo, Lilynouch & Lyka) should be also made useless (i.e. not usable to create Marble of Chaos, & make previously made Marble of Chaos also unusable).

This would create consistency where previously hoarded items cannot be used for personal gain, in light of a recent update which makes the new content relevant. I don't think it's fair that people who played Temple of Time before this recent update have been left in the cold, where as people who farmed these specific area bosses are the only ones allowed to benefit from the recent changes. It seems quite selective to me, as opposed to the (presumably) larger amount people who were also in the same area enjoying similar content, who didn't farm these specific items.

Right now the prices for these ETC's are inflated on FM as you can imagine people will soon want them to finish the Temple of Time quest.

Example Owl's:
    [​IMG]

I would also make the argument that the respawn timers on these bosses should be lowered, as the demand for these Boss ETC's surely rise as people move towards eventually challenging Pink Bean. This would be in line with previous decisions made, similar to how Manon's respawn timer was recently changed to accommodate a similar increased demand for Horntail Runs.

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Disagree Disagree x 7
  2. IHateApple

IHateApple Horny Mushroom

Dec 19, 2017
    10:04 AM
    IHateApple
    Dragon Knight
    tbh, your point is not valid. For now on this server, only top tier players can try to defeat pb, which only small portion of players that they can afford them or they already have etc stack up.

But for Piece of Time ETCs are different, everyone who finish prequest can use those to craft timeless weapon. So I think that's why GMs reset piece of time etc only but not those boss drop etc.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. iPippy

iPippy Nightshadow

May 19, 2019
    Male
    1:04 PM
    iPippy
    Oh hey, that 2m was me. L> ToT Boss drop union

4. IHateApple

Dec 19, 2017
    IHateApple
    Dragon Knight
    smh, let me put for 1.9m very quick

5. Eighty

Eighty Windraider

Jun 19, 2018
    Male
    Nepal
    10:49 PM
    Hundred
    Marksman
    Colors
    This screams FOMO to me. I don't see how removing all those etcs from the market is going to help the demand for those etcs.
    You have to camp it out either way if you are not going to buy because if the items do get made obsolete, who is to say the price of new etcs won't quadruple in price? Then you're really going to have to camp em.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  6. OP
    OP
    porl

porl Mixed Golem

May 30, 2020
    Male
    Pasta
    If the admins had these concerns, why were Pieces of Time dropped at all previously? To me it signalled their intention to let you carry them forward with the intention to craft these new weapons & they have already nerfed the weapons in this new update.

People will usually use Timers on Discord to alert them when a boss is spawning, where as Pieces of Time will rarely drop and are almost always found by actually playing the maps and not by responding to an alert on Discord. People will still (especially now) grind for Pieces of Time, it's just that you're now invalidating all the time previously put in by people to get them, while not invalidating all the time spent hunting these 3 bosses.

I'd still rather either ALL or NONE of the ToT drops (Piece of Time & 3 Boss ETCs) are usable going forward with this update. I don't like the half and half approach, only allowing few to gain advantage with lucky foresight, but not others. FYI I have quite a few Pieces of Time & Several of the Boss ETC, I just disagree with the changes only being for Pieces of Time.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. IHateApple

Dec 19, 2017
    IHateApple
    Dragon Knight
    We should demand GMs reset WS as well, since we have a new weapon release which people will jack up the WS price as well.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. whatdatoast

whatdatoast Windraider

Apr 9, 2020
    whatdatoast
    Bowman
    Most people i've talked to who like grinding ToT have kept their etc's. The market will drop real soon, there are thousands of these out there. Way more than people who will attempt PB.

• Informative Informative x 1
  9. OP
    OP
    porl

porl Mixed Golem

May 30, 2020
    Male
    Pasta
    "FOMO" would be correct assumption if the discussion was about HP gear/washing changes because of the HP requirement of Pink Bean squads, which it's not. This in itself would be a completely different issue, especially since most players & washing guides on the forums at the moment target Horntail or NT Bosses for HP Goals.

10. Crayo

Crayo Chronos

Oct 26, 2018
    Male
    This is silly, getting the boss drops is nowhere near as hard as getting pieces of time. And the quest which requires the boss drops has been active for like 2-3 months now, so even if you didn't know what the PB questline entailed you could have known they had a use.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  11. whatdatoast

whatdatoast Windraider

Apr 9, 2020
    whatdatoast
    Bowman
    I think removing previously looted etc's will just create artificial scarcity for no reason, time locked by how many bosses spawn in the first weeks of release. Doing so would make camping these bosses extremely toxic. It's fair of them to want PB content to be immediately attempted but not have the rewards immediately accessible.

12. RegalStar

RegalStar Nightshadow

Sep 23, 2019
    Male
    DMsRebirth
    In fact, the admins should do a server wipe on every update so everyone starts all the new stuff on completely even grounds.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  13. AioriaX

AioriaX Selkie Jr.

Jul 25, 2017
    Male
    1:04 AM
    AioriaX
    Night Lord
    Beaters
    I think the quest item wipe is pretty unnecessary compared to the Piece of Time wipe, because the staff did not want an unfair advantage to those who decided to keep the PoT to have immediate access to crafting new end-game weapons when in the past they used to encourage/reassure that the PoT hunted from ToT is merely an ETC with 10k NPC value.

For those who decided to keep after this advice for nostalgic purposes/collectible, they do it on their own accord. However, now that Reverse weapons are made available for craft, they did not want conflicting reassurance and an unfair advantage to those who actually decided to NPC the PoT hunted before.

If not removed, this allows a huge power-spike to those who kept the PoT before to have immediate access to REVERSE weapons.

Compared to the Boss drops however, those are required for the questline which has ALWAYS been accessible from the start.
    Ever since ToT was introduced, you have always been granted access to the Chaos Crystal. Only entrance to PB was barred.
    Asking for a boss ETC wipe is similar to saying that those who have it now had an advantage of easy questline access versus those who did not do the quest before, and did not bother to hunt the ETCs or complete the questline at all.

Asking for a Boss ETC wipe is similar to asking the staff to wipe out all the ToT quest history from players whom have completed them before. So that now, everyone stands on equal ground to find a map/struggle to kill 999 mobs/struggle to find a boss ETC together, and have no advantage of early completion/skipping the hurdle of camping bosses more competitively now.

Moreover, the competition for these bosses has ALWAYS been fierce, even long before introduction of Pink Bean due to their drops. So the struggle to get an ETC was never easy to begin with.

Yes, someone decided to sell them in FM for some money but isn't that how MapleStory works? You find something that other players might demand for and attempt to sell it for some mesos? Say someone did camp all the channels now with 5-7 other mules/clients, hoarded all the mapowners and collected a ton of these ETCs and put them on sale just from post-Halloween patch. Wouldn't that make no difference at all?

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Badminwei

Badminwei Mushmom

Jun 9, 2017
    Male
    1:04 AM
    MrBlueBlack
    Hero
    Please take some time to read this..
    I have 2 comments to make, 1) opinion on the current stance in making past hoarded pieces of time unuseable i.e. turning into ancient pieces of time and 2) opinion on the current debate on making boss etcs unuseable.

With respect to 1,
    In my opinion, the overall intent of the admins in making those pieces of time untradeable to prevent people from inflating the market is slightly too harsh on those affected players since it takes time (it wasn't any easier to collect those etcs in the past before PB was introduced) and also tbh, you can't simply discredit players from thinking and planning ahead in advance. Even if they hoarded the pieces of time in light of future PB release, there's nothing wrong in preparing ahead and you simply can't discredit players like that.
    One suggestion will be maybe to allow those ancient pieces of time to be used in combination with currently hunted pieces of time for crafting of weapons, with the exception that such weapons when crafted ARE IMMEDIATELY MADE UNTRADEABLE so that the overall intent of the admins in preventing the market from being inflated is achieved at the same time.

Note: this suggestion is purely for those ancient pieces of time that were already made redundant which I feel strongly against, and is not suggested as a blanket rule for all pieces of time (i.e. Not affecting newly hunted pieces of time after PB release)

Wrt 2,
    I totally disagree that previously hoarded ToT boss etcs should be made unuseable and/or untradeable as well. Going back to what I've said previously, you shouldn't discredit players for thinking and planning ahead in light of PB release..
    At most, what I can think of is that admins make those etcs untradeable to other players BUT REMAIN TRADEABLE AMONG VARIOUS ACCOUNTS THAT THE PLAYER OWNS. Hence, this would achieve the effect where players who spent time to collect those etcs in the past would not be able to inflate the market and yet be able to enjoy the usage of such etcs for THEIR OWN PB boss fights. Then such an action wouldn't compromise any effort spent in the past for players who genuinely want to prepare for PB boss fights and could be seen as a mild balancing intervention (if it's even necessary).

My 2 cents.

15. Voxtagrams

Voxtagrams Headless Horseman

Jun 13, 2020
    Just make the items untradeable /s