1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Macintosh Issues playing on a Mac

Discussion in 'Technical Issues' started by NatanX, Jul 14, 2021.

1. NatanX

NatanX Blue Snail

Jul 14, 2021
    Male
    12:39 PM
    Hi everyone, I'm new here and have mostly played Maple Story in the past on a Windows computer.
    Recently, I got a Mac Mini and noticed this server supports Mac, so I thought to give it a try.
    I'm on a Mac Mini with MacOs El Capitan. I followed the Mac installation guide on the forums, and installed Wineskin version which as it says, is compatible with El Capitan.
    The game launches, but sometimes crashes after or even before I reached the login screen.
    Sometimes, it crashes when I reach the character selection screen as well.
    Was hoping if anyone can explain how to deal with this problem?
    I also have a few general questions, like:
    I'm on a weak processor - Intel Core Duo with 2.6Ghz, 6 GB Ram and 256MB video memory. Will the game run with these specifications? I thought pre-bb maple story is an old enough game to run on almost any computer.
    Are there any gameplay differences when playing on a Mac or everything's the same?
    Thank you

2. UnknownCode

UnknownCode Nightshadow

Jun 6, 2021
    California
    2:39 AM
    Islander, Bishop, Bandit
    Speenies
  3. OP
    OP
    NatanX

NatanX Blue Snail

Jul 14, 2021
    Male
    12:39 PM
    Ive read the entire guide, but there are still a few issues I couldnt resolve yet.
    Right now, when the game doesnt crash, I can login and play fine. But, there's a new problem. When I enter fullscreen there are black bars around the screen, so I see the game in a small square surrounded by black bars. Anyone can explain how to stretch the screen in fullscreen mode?
    I understand this can probably be done by going to settings in the Wineskin, but I dont know how to do that.
    So, the guide is good, but it still doesnt help me resolve some of my issues.

4. UnknownCode

UnknownCode Nightshadow

Jun 6, 2021
    California
    2:39 AM
    Islander, Bishop, Bandit
    Speenies
    Try to change the client settings with the steps below

• Right click MapleLegends App
    ○ Click on Show Original/Show Contents
    ○ Open drive_c folder
    ○ Open MapleLegends folder
    ○ Locate and open Legends.ini (or Legends exec file)

Once in there you can edit anything to your preferences, and hopefully that solves your fullscreen issues.

Fullscreen can be quite buggy but most people play on multiple clients at once so they prefer windowed mode.