1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Legends+ Client Mod

Discussion in 'Programming' started by Lily, May 28, 2017.

1. Ysera

Ysera Red Snail

Oct 25, 2017
    Emerald Dream
    11:36 AM
    Ysera
    Hermit
    Animals
    I download the .exe file and while installing, it doesn't go past "Recruiting for party quests" MapleF4

2. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    4:36 PM
    Moderator Post
    This is the installer installing background files. Just wait for it :)

3. shot

shot Capt. Latanica Retired Staff

Oct 31, 2017
    Male
    9:36 AM
    sh0t/Davi
    Buccaneer
    Honor
    Neato.
    I'm guessing that res is lower because setting the game to 720p breaks stuff?

4. OP
    OP
    Lily

Lily Mixed Golem Retired Staff

Jul 23, 2015
    Female
    UK
    3:36 PM
    Lick
    F/P Arch Mage
    I could theoretically support any resolution, these were just the closest to the base game. I chose the two resolutions least likely to cause user or balance issues, and the least likely to require future maintenance, as the tool won't be receiving any further support.

5. kalash

kalash Headless Horseman

Oct 18, 2016
    Male
    Kalash
    Night Lord
    Halcyon
    Whenever I try to multi-client I get the following error:
    upload_2017-11-10_12-32-42.png

Is it possible to multi-client using this mod?

Also, can I somehow increase the resolution? Even if I put it at the maximum in the Legends+ menu, the picture still won't have a higher resolution than 800x600 (which is the only one it claims to support).

EDIT: The multi client works if I untick the windowed option in Legends+

EDIT: If you're running multi clients and you alt+enter one, don't alt+enter the 2nd one as this one will freeze. After it freezing booting another client will result in the same error. Another alt+enter into full screen will enable booting a multi-client again.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2017
  6. OP
    OP
    Lily

Jul 23, 2015
    Female
    UK
    Lick
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hi Kalash,

0x88760868 corresponds to D3DERR_DEVICELOST. It's normally caused when you have either outdated graphics drivers or another process trying to hook the game - if you're using FRAPS or any similar DX9-hooking application, you may want to temporarily disable them to see if it fixes it.

Currently 800x600 is the only supported internal resolution, as additional resolutions require extensive work. 16:9 and 16:10 widescreen resolutions will be available in the final update to the tool, as seen here:

https://forum.maplelegends.com/index.php?threads/legends-client-mod.12009/page-4#post-137804

7. kalash

kalash Headless Horseman

Oct 18, 2016
    Male
    Kalash
    Night Lord
    Halcyon
    Ooh guess I didn't read properly, I just went over it thinking "Ooh this is implemented already".

I'll try updating my driver, see what happens. Will report after if you think it's useful.

EDIT: updated my geforce experience without even updating my drivers, set the Legends+ at 800x600 and windowed and the multiclient works like a charm now. It's a lot smoother too!

Thank you so much for this tool!

Last edited: Nov 10, 2017
  8. OP
    OP
    Lily

Jul 23, 2015
    Female
    UK
    Lick
    F/P Arch Mage
    Glad to hear it was resolved for you! :)

9. kalash

kalash Headless Horseman

Oct 18, 2016
    Male
    Kalash
    Night Lord
    Halcyon
    This mod is great! Before I wasn't able to properly run 2 ML on this laptop as it's got 2 different videocards and my NVIDIA refused to recognize ML as smth needing performance (even when I told it that it did). This mod enables me to run 4 MLs smoothly! Thank you so much!!

10. OP
    OP
    Lily

Jul 23, 2015
    Female
    UK
    Lick
    F/P Arch Mage
    Glad to hear it!

Maple normally runs under DirectX8, which is no longer hardware accelerated by most graphics cards - - Legends+ runs on DirectX9 which is supported properly by GPUs. :)

Last edited: Nov 13, 2017
    • Informative Informative x 2
  11. Yuji

Yuji Blue Snail

Nov 13, 2017
    Male
    Yuji
    Magician
    Not sure, if this has been asked, but i downloaded this to try and fix the problem i was having with windows mode, within the client which states. "Failed in finding proper screen mode for Gr2D". I have no idea what this means and im still having the same trouble with Legends+. Hoping someone can help me out with this, would really like windows mode.

12. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    Please try this or the last post in same thread
    https://forum.maplelegends.com/index.php?threads/alt-enter-doesnt-work-gr2d-error.12710/

13. iZeke

iZeke Mano

Sep 18, 2017
    Male
    8:36 AM
    iZeke
    Thief
  14. OP
    OP
    Lily

Jul 23, 2015
    Female
    UK
    Lick
    F/P Arch Mage
    It'll probably be available some time around Christmas, with its current development rate.

I've been (attempting to) keep donors up to date with experimental builds and all!

Thanks for the interest!

15. cynnoh

cynnoh Snail

Dec 6, 2017
    10:36 AM
    cynnoh
    Thief
    Very great work! I'm excited for the final release and thanks for developing this client mod!

16. KnightHelios

KnightHelios Red Snail

Dec 11, 2017
    Male
    USA
    10:36 AM
    KnightHelios
    Warrior
    N/A
    Does this stay up to date with the current MapleLegends client? I just updated for the Christmas patch so do I need to update Legends+ somehow or does it just run off of the client I currently have?

17. OP
    OP
    Lily

Jul 23, 2015
    Female
    UK
    Lick
    F/P Arch Mage
    Updating the game should be fine, Legends+ doesn't usually require changes for it!

(Boring tech: It hooks the game, then tries to find working addresses if the current ones are changed, so in 90% of cases it'll find the correct bytes to write to when a client update occurs!)

• Informative Informative x 2
  18. shot

shot Capt. Latanica Retired Staff

Oct 31, 2017
    Male
    sh0t/Davi
    Buccaneer
    Honor
    Any update on how the project's been going? LilyLily
    I was just wondering because it's been some time since the last news~

19. OP
    OP
    Lily

Jul 23, 2015
    Female
    UK
    Lick
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hi shot,

Not a whole lot of updates, I'm afraid - - other projects have taken priority for the moment.

The experimental build shared with donors (11/01/18 EXP) will likely stay the latest for a while. There're currently a few cursor bugs to fix, and some Intel driver compatibility fixes, but the resolutions are working, bugs are ironed out and other than the left cursor boundary being incorrect, it's near completion.

Thanks for the interest - - apologies for the lack of updates on this thread!

• Useful Useful x 2
  20. Symsy

Symsy Red Snail

Feb 12, 2018
    Male
    Bandit
    I've been searching various sites and came across Legends+ as a way to make older MS versions (.62) windowed and resizable! This tool is really cool and was easy to install, but I was curious if it could function with other Private Servers (such as MapleSaga)? If so what would need to be modified for that to work? Happy to do the leg work to get it working myself, if you could point me in the right direction to get started I'd really appreciate it.

Cheers