1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Legends & RWT

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by throwaway123, Dec 1, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    5:02 AM
    Moderator Post
    After I've received more context about this thread, the following seems to have occurred

- A sheet, which contained personal account information only accessible by staff was shared with at least 1 regular member by a staff member
    - This sheet contained users that were suspected to be RWTing but were not banned (neither guilty or innocent)

Internally, we have mentioned multiple times that we cannot purely dig and investigate from just a sheet alone. We have looked at it today, yet again, at this sheet after this incident, and 0 new bans have happened, because once again there's no hard evidence provided in this sheet nor out of logs (its pure "suspicion")

Since this is about RWTing, we just cannot be very transparent about how we do our investigations, nor what we specifically look for. However, what I do want to say is that we do our RWT bans based on facts, and not with a "guilty until proven otherwise" system.

All the RWT bans we have done is because we have 100% facts with proof that they did indeed RWT, and that's the system we like to keep, to remain accurate and not having any bans just because its "suspicious activity"

The reward system is for anyone that led us to actual bans, not to actual reports. If this still didn't happen, please contact us and I'll personally look into it. Once again I have rewarded multiple people already with donor points, vote cash, and more.
    We, as staff, are quite disappointed to learn what even the context of this thread was, because it's a straight up breach of the staff ToS to leak any kind of a player's personal information to regular users. Even if it didn't contain sensitive info, it's just common sense that sharing what or who we may be looking into to a regular user... is just not a good idea. What if that regular user is somehow RWTing themselves? This doesn't mean we never let regular users help us at times. Even for some of my cases, regular users have helped me. The difference is that I wouldn't share with that person who we also look at, at any given time, because that just gives the user the ability to protect their friends, or themselves, which is just a very risky thing to do. I am not implying in any shape or form that the person that did had access to said sheet had any personal benefits with it, but the point is more there is always that possibility that they could have a personal benefit with it, and could very well be seen as personal favoritism.

We are discussing internally how to "note" suspicious users better in future, and have a more "global" way of investigating users one of us may see as suspicious. Also, we are actively trying to make sure such leaks (even if they are minor) are prevented in the future, since regular users shouldn't have access to ANY user account information, even if they are minor, and even if it was done by a potential mistake.

This thread remains closed and that's all I/we got to say about this, as well as the topic itself. RWT cases get handled, but actual proof vs "suspicion" is quite important here.

• Agree x 6
    • Like x 3
    • Great Work x 2
    • Informative x 2
    • Friendly x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.