1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Let's explore the world of Etrian Odyssey III together!

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by Koneko, Jan 16, 2022.

1. RegalStar

RegalStar Nightshadow

Sep 23, 2019
    Male
    6:07 PM
    DMsRebirth

Nobody likes this boss. Reflection is basically random (except it doesn't get used on turn 5n because Regen takes priority), and has zero counterplay, so the only thing to do here is to revive people over and over again and pray it doesn't get used too much.

2. RegalStar

RegalStar Nightshadow

Sep 23, 2019
    Male
    DMsRebirth

This is honestly a really easy fight but several things managed to go wrong anyways, starting with marc missing that Front Mortar preventing me from winning the fight right there, then me forgetting that a left alone split part takes only two turns to kaboom and causing me to miss out on one of the drops. Oh well, it's still an easy win.

3. RegalStar

RegalStar Nightshadow

Sep 23, 2019
    Male
    DMsRebirth

This thing has lots of multi-target and lots of status, but not so much damage, and the first time you kill it, it drops a limit that lets your characters automatically recover form all status for 6 turns. So yeah, not really a difficult boss, though it can be very annoying when its ailments disrupt my characters at the worst time.

Marc's build is close to completion and his damage is really getting up there now. Once I start using berserker vow his damage will be even more spectacular.

4. RegalStar

RegalStar Nightshadow

Sep 23, 2019
    Male
    DMsRebirth

The first and second battle wasn't too bad even though I was a bit underlevelled, but the third battle was A PAIN. Three times Ace would fucking miss out on killing the thunder head because he can't be assed to do one more chase (killing all three heads on the same turn would cause Ruin Caller to do nothing for four straight turns, which pretty much gives you the win right there). Urgh.

5. RegalStar

RegalStar Nightshadow

Sep 23, 2019
    Male
    DMsRebirth

This is the last sea quest boss I'll be taking on for the time being since I'm doing it quite a lot earlier than the game expects, and the next one is balanced to be fought in the postgame. But since this thing is just a giant punching bag that barely even fights back and is weak to every element (Ling gets to output some crazy numbers), it's a really easy fight even though I'm like 5 or 6 levels below where the game expects me to be. In fact, I could've done the second and third quest at like level 30 if I had wanted.

The 4th labyrinth boss isn't a giant meme like the King Penguin, but she is just plain weak. She pretty much just focuses on inflicting status with moves that don't even do damage during the first half of the fight and will never attack unless someone has an ailment at the start of turn, so Regroup Tactics completely shuts her down. Head bind also completely shuts her down because every move she does uses the head. And at this point Marc's build is about to be complete so he's just a walking instrument of destruction.