1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Ludibrium Party Quest

Discussion in 'Rejected' started by Taurack, Apr 26, 2017.

You like that suggestion?

1. Yes

8 vote(s)
    16.7%
  2. No

40 vote(s)
    83.3%
  1. Taurack

Taurack Snail

Apr 26, 2017
    Male
    10:47 AM
    Taurack
    Assassin
    LPQ, it would be interesting if you make a change at stage 8 of this quest, everyone hates to stay at that stage trying the numbers for long minutes. It's not because in Global it's this way that we should repeat, let's ease some things, please.

They could change forever to be 1-2-3-4-5 and pass or just remove this stage and go straight to the Boss.
    Because you have to be a lot of patience at this stage.

Thank you, think about it.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. Piety

Piety (ㆆᴗㆆ)/ Retired Staff

Apr 4, 2017
    9:47 AM
    Centaur & Chaste
    Disagreed.
    Stage 8 is part of the old-school LPQ experience, and some people (myself included) actually enjoy it. It also serves as a ''block'' to not make LPQ too fast. Without Stage 8, you could cycle through the PQ in like 10-12 minutes and repeating it would level people way too fast. It'd pretty much force people to LPQ for the ''optimal'' 35-50 leveling.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Beagle

Beagle Horny Mushroom

Apr 2, 2017
    Male
    Swoopin
    Assassin
    Toilet
    It may be part of the old-school experience, but I have to say the JMS method of doing it has totally ruined it for me. I'm level 63 now, so I'm out of the LPQ level range, but between 35 - 51 I never did end up actually grasping how the JMS method worked.

I don't think stage 8 should be removed, but I do think that everybody doing it JMS style makes it pretty unfamiliar towards a lot of players (myself included).
    I actually ended up dreading that stage because I had no clue what was going on, and it was almost enough to actually make me not want to LPQ.

I'm not sure if I'm simple minded or what, but I just had a hard time grasping what the heck was going on.

4. Piety

Apr 4, 2017
    Centaur & Chaste
    I joined this server with zero knowledge of how to JMS; I was a GMS Scania scrub and it wasn't a popular thing back in 2009.
    There's plenty of videos that explain how to JMS and how it works; once you ''see'' the pattern, it becomes easy as hell and just makes the stage much faster with a few people who knows how to work it out.
    Here's one of them; just think of following the box pattern in a ''pyramid'' instead of following numbers. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q3rgBXA0pxY

EDIT #2: See post by Soblet

Last edited: Apr 26, 2017
    • Like Like x 4
  5. Cora

Cora Selkie Jr.

Apr 3, 2017
    Female
    Germany
    3:47 PM
    Nier/EviHs
    but this stage checks that 5 people are remaining before the boss fight,
    without it more people could be incouraged to bring their mule chars to fill 1 entier party,
    since they dont need to worry about the code stage anymore :eek:

instead of changing it we should spread the word of jms style more to make life easier for everyone :3

Ps: maybe add a push function or something so that they go off does numbers when they go afk on one xDD

6. Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    • Like Like x 2
  7. Piety

Apr 4, 2017
    Centaur & Chaste
  8. pigshet

pigshet Orange Mushroom

Apr 2, 2017
    Male
    4:47 PM
    kickass
    Chief Bandit
    GUCCI
    This is nostalgia, want to change it? gtfo

9. NatteHond

NatteHond Skelosaurus

Apr 10, 2015
    Male
    Just because it's nostalgia doesn't mean we can't change it.

10. pigshet

pigshet Orange Mushroom

Apr 2, 2017
    Male
    4:47 PM
    kickass
    Chief Bandit
    GUCCI
    Oh, then how about we remove every single hard thing about this game so we can shape it for the better? give me a break.
    This game was well known for being hard, and actually required you to do something, LPQ is one of the biggest parts of Nostalgia in this game, if you want to change it go play GMS instead.

11. NatteHond

NatteHond Skelosaurus

Apr 10, 2015
    Male
    I'm not in favor of changing LPQ, but that doesn't mean we can't change nostalgia. Even Neckson has made some flaws in their game and i don't mind changing them if it turns out for the better.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Piety

Apr 4, 2017
    Centaur & Chaste
    I agree that there's a lot of ''quality of life'' changes or additions that can be done to the old/nostalgia stuff without messing things up too much or breaking that ''old school'' feeling, but I think that the issue is more the suggestion of completely remove a PQ stage because ''a lot of people don't like it''. Might as well not be playing a v62 Oldschool server if you want to make things faster and easier :p

13. NatteHond

NatteHond Skelosaurus

Apr 10, 2015
    Male
    Yes, i'm not in favor of changing LPQ either.

14. Chew

Chew Headless Horseman

May 8, 2015
    Male
    Beginner
    If you know how to do this stage, it turns into 5-10 minutes of talking to your party members. I think this stage is very good for bonding :)

• Like Like x 1
  15. Shab

Shab Slime

Jan 21, 2016
    Male
    Canada
    Malachite, Nezit, llachesis, Nesitisin
    Marauder
    Wow, ChewChew , that is so true! The sheer number of times I've started random conversations or smacked fellow PQers with my Christmas tree; they're great memories. Thanks for the reminder!

• Like Like x 1
  16. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    7:47 AM
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    Stage 8 is supposed to be a puzzle that takes time to solve. But there's plenty of guides out there to help you figure it out.

17. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    This will not be removed. The magic of Stage 8 is teamwork; which is the whole point of the Party Quests.

• Like Like x 4