1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

(Mac) Maple Legends won't open.

Discussion in 'Help & Advice' started by tora, Oct 6, 2015.

1. tora

tora Red Snail

Oct 6, 2015
    Male
    12:56 PM
    Hi, I have a mac and I've been wanting to play Maple legends. I just downloaded it from Mega (1.5gb file) and I was excited to unzip the file once the download was finished. So I unzipped it with the Unarchiver and what I've got was a maplestory shortcut on my desktop, so I clicked it. After opening (It doesnt open), It just closes itself. Could someone help me figure out what's wrong?

2. Sucre

Sucre Zakum

Apr 21, 2015
    Male
    Argentina
    4:56 PM
    Sucre
    Dark Knight
    Horny
    Do you get any error? Maybe this would help determine the problem for someone who knows what might be causing it.

I suggest checking if your anti-virus is deleting any files after you extract them, not allowing maple to run correctly

3. Noods

Noods Capt. Latanica Retired Staff

Apr 23, 2015
    Female
    3:56 AM
    Noodles
    Bishop
    Halcyon
    If this is your first time opening the app, try right-clicking on the icon and selecting "Open" instead of double clicking on the icon directly.

You should still have gotten some error message similar to this one when you tried double clicking on the icon though:
    [​IMG]

4. OP
    OP
    tora

tora Red Snail

Oct 6, 2015
    Male
    No, the program launches itself on my panel but then it disappears! As far as antivirus, my firewall is turned off so I wouldn't be so sure about that

5. OP
    OP
    tora

tora Red Snail

Oct 6, 2015
    Male
    The first time that I've tried to open the app I received the error message that you've shown above! However I knew to right click and press open afterwards and it began to launch, and yet it still turned off. :(

6. OP
    OP
    tora

tora Red Snail

Oct 6, 2015
    Male
    IT'S JUST SITTING THERE ):< Screen Shot 2015-10-05 at 9.22.33 PM.png

7. Noods

Apr 23, 2015
    Female
    Noodles
    Bishop
    Halcyon
    My experience with running it for the first time after unzipping is that it usually takes a really long time. Sometimes the icon would go off from the dock for some time then comes back on and the game opens. Not sure how long you waited?

8. OP
    OP
    tora

tora Red Snail

Oct 6, 2015
    Male
    I naturally just assumed that it turns off, and if that is the case - that it disappears from the dock and it takes a long time, then I will give it another shot and wait for a while. Thanks! I'll reply again if it works or doesn't. It's been about 5 minutes now.

9. OP
    OP
    tora

tora Red Snail

Oct 6, 2015
    Male
    Still haven't seen anything yet. May I ask how long you might have waited?

10. CloudedMusic

CloudedMusic Orange Mushroom

Apr 5, 2015
    Female
    3:56 PM
    CloudedMusic
    Magician
    Try finding the file in Finder. Right-click it and click on "Show Package Contents". From there, open Wineskin. A small window should pop up, clicked Advanced. On the first page, you'll find a "Test Run" button on the bottom right. That's what I do when it does something like that.

11. Noods

Apr 23, 2015
    Female
    Noodles
    Bishop
    Halcyon
    Sometimes 10 to 15 minutes, I think. You can try the above suggestion, or you can try unzipping the file again. I've done that sometimes when it refuses to open.

12. OP
    OP
    tora

tora Red Snail

Oct 6, 2015
    Male
    I looked at the log after the test run and It said a lot of things like "export function not found for forward". Maybe I should try redownloading, for the third time? ):

13. Kerberos

Kerberos Mano

Sep 27, 2015
    Male
    9:56 PM
    Bandit
    Although I'm a complete Windows user, I'd say it may be a connection problem. Try to ping to the gameserver's IP-adres. I don't know what IP they have though. What I know is that maple checks your connection with the server the moment you open the game, though.

14. CloudedMusic

CloudedMusic Orange Mushroom

Apr 5, 2015
    Female
    CloudedMusic
    Magician
    This may or may not be relevant to your situation but have you updated your Mac to OS X El Capitan?

15. huerta

huerta Blue Snail

Jun 28, 2017
    Male
    2:56 PM
    Night Lord
    It´s 2017, and this problem hasn't been solve for mac users :(

16. Chris

Chris Zakum Retired Staff

Jan 18, 2016
    Maple Island
    Christopher
    Islander
    Southperry
    If you yourself is experiencing this issue delete you client and download this one: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2T30hKc37wnTlA1QmdIckhTTFk/view

After download and extraction is complete simply put the app in your applications folder > right click > open & it should fix it.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  17. kingcray

kingcray Red Snail

Jun 30, 2017
    Male
    Uhm. Hi. Unfortunately, this didnt work for me. It showed in the dock, and disappeared. :(

18. Chris

Jan 18, 2016
    Maple Island
    Christopher
    Islander
    Southperry
    I'd try deleting and reinstalling from that same link to see if you get same issue.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  19. kingcray

kingcray Red Snail

Jun 30, 2017
    Male
    Nothing seems to be working for me. Same problem, even after deleting and reinstalling. :(

20. Chris

Jan 18, 2016
    Maple Island
    Christopher
    Islander
    Southperry
    And what happened when you tried downloading the client from the MapleLegends website?