1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Make Halloween Candies tradeable and remove AP Reset from Cat Malady

Discussion in 'Rejected' started by Oahu, Oct 6, 2017.

1. Oahu

Oahu Mixed Golem

Mar 4, 2017
    Male
    Maple Island
    7:04 PM
    Oahu
    Islander
    Southperry
    Being able to buy AP resets from Cat Malady is silly, in my personal opinion. I want to be able to trade my candies to my friends to help them get the things they want faster. The only forsee-able reason that candies are untradeable is because of the AP resets.

I propose putting AP resets as a possible reward from a repeatable quest, similar to how Red Anniversary Presents were done during this year's Anniversary Event. Accept quest, grind for a box/present, exchange for a random reward.

The NX equips are fine because they do not give advantages over others, and the gear behind the 100 candy random roll is exactly that: random.

• Disagree Disagree x 9
    • Like Like x 5
  2. Heartiess

Heartiess Guest

3:04 AM
    I prefer not having people log onto 3 clients to farm candies for 1 character.

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Disagree Disagree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  3. OP
    OP
    Oahu

Oahu Mixed Golem

Mar 4, 2017
    Male
    Maple Island
    Oahu
    Islander
    Southperry
    Alright, that's a totally fair point.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. houseofcool

houseofcool King Slime

Mar 31, 2017
    Male
    New Zealand
    2:04 PM
    Why does it matter what people do with their candy though ? If someone wishes to farm candy for one specific character it should be up to them ? It was never untradeable on GMS, just saying

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Heartiess

Heartiess Guest

How do u not see the issue with using 3 clerics, farming on all of them at Ghost ship and finishing the event / getting all your rewards in 3 days. Wheres the hardwork/fun there?
    Also GMS never had this event either nor is MapleLegends like GMS. Maplelegends events usually have untradable event ETC items (snow, pearls, sunshines, candies)

• Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Ezequiell

Ezequiell Slime

Sep 28, 2015
    Male
    Brazil
    11:04 PM
    VillageIdiot
    Islander
    OAHU NEEDS TO GIVE ME 5 CANDY, REMOVE THIS FUCKING AP RESET AND LET ME GET MY CANDIES REEEEEE

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. houseofcool

houseofcool King Slime

Mar 31, 2017
    Male
    New Zealand
    2:04 PM
    when u see someone login 3 clerics and simultaneously heal @ ghost ship lemme know

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
  8. Ezequiell

Ezequiell Slime

Sep 28, 2015
    Male
    Brazil
    VillageIdiot
    Islander
    well, the hardwork there is in logging on and playing on 3 clerics at the same time.

its prob not easy.

• Like Like x 3
  9. OP
    OP
    Oahu

Oahu Mixed Golem

Mar 4, 2017
    Male
    Maple Island
    Oahu
    Islander
    Southperry
    (This reply is 100% opinion-based)

If an individual puts in the time to create, grind, and purchase the necessities for three clerics on three separate accounts, so that they can do events a bit faster than everyone else, props to them. They've done a shit ton of tedious prep-work, and shouldn't be judged for playing the game differently from others. People play MapleStory for various reasons. I personally play it to have fun with friends and fellow MapleStory players. Some people play the game to enjoy endgame content, I play the game to grind the same mob on Maple Island for 50+ levels. If there's an individual out there that wants to spend his free time playing on three accounts at once, that's fine. I couldn't play more than one account at once, but that's just me.

Back to the topic at hand, I wish that the candies were tradeable so that I could give them to other Islanders who don't have enough time to grind for the things they want. While I agree that getting the event done in a few days is a little silly, I don't agree with the opinion that they're untradeable because a couple individuals will play a few accounts at once and get more than me. If we're following that logic, then there would need to be rules in place to prevent multi-log or mages entirely. My only complaint with the selection of items is the AP resets available for purchase. If they weren't purchasable, would there be any other logical reason for the candies to be untradeable? I don't see any from my perspective.

I am bummed out about not being able to help my friends, but at the end of the day it's not my decision to make, which is why I made this suggestion thread. I'll have to work a little harder to gather the tradeable rewards from the event, and that's okay.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  10. Heartiess

Heartiess Guest

Ive actually seen someone grind his NL with one hand at skeles, his bishop with his feet and another mule character with the other hand. Fwuffymilk. Its even easier to do this with clerics that barely take 2 days to get to ghost ship level.

When you chose to be an islander, you chose to limit yourself. Whether that is on content in general or on farming capabilities.

Edit: to address adding a completely other quest to the event for the AP resets, that would require more wz editing, testing, anew patch and more downtime for maintenance. Its too late for that now.

• Disagree Disagree x 3
  11. OP
    OP
    Oahu

Oahu Mixed Golem

Mar 4, 2017
    Male
    Maple Island
    Oahu
    Islander
    Southperry

• Informative Informative x 2
  12. Ezequiell

Ezequiell Slime

Sep 28, 2015
    Male
    Brazil
    VillageIdiot
    Islander
    do you even know how hard is to play as 2/3 chars at the same time?

not even counting the grind to get all chars to high level.

if you do that, you earned it.

also we want the ap removed, but if the GMs find it better to make a alternate ap reset shit, then go ahead, its their choice.

also, about mass farm with more than one char, why do you care? anyone can do it, just need time and a computer that dont explode opening more than one maple.

hell the hardest is having a pc that dont explode with more than one maple open

i dont see why you seen to find it unfair that someone wants to hardcore grind something.

just do the same lol, or dont

also about it being not fun, fun its personal as fuck, some people find grinding only on mobs to 200 fun, some dont, so it being unfun to you is irrelevant

also ninnie needs to make a islander friendly monster sack

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  13. Prophet

Prophet Master Chronos

Feb 1, 2017
    Male
    9:04 PM
    Quasar
    Outlaw
    I don't mind people sharing/selling candies if AP resets weren't a reward to begin with...but if you remove (or randomly reward) them now, I reckon there will be a lot of pissed off players. The majority of players have or will want to HP wash and it costs us a lot of resets. (Maybe it's not that big a deal for the islander community, but I know that's what I'm saving my candies for.)

As for playing with both hands and feet...well shit, why didn't I think of that OnionSmart

• Agree Agree x 3
  14. Heartiess

Heartiess Guest

Discussing an event with islanders MapleF3 thought i knew better...
    Reguardless, to each their own opinion.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
  15. OP
    OP
    Oahu

Oahu Mixed Golem

Mar 4, 2017
    Male
    Maple Island
    Oahu
    Islander
    Southperry
    dab on the haters

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. OP
    OP
    Oahu

Oahu Mixed Golem

Mar 4, 2017
    Male
    Maple Island
    Oahu
    Islander
    Southperry
    You're right though, asking for a small change on two items so that I could help my friends was way out of my league. Those darn Islanders asking for over-the-top shit yet again haha

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  17. Yvelle

Yvelle Slime

Jun 17, 2017
    Female
    Netherlands
    4:04 AM
    Iyira
    I/L Arch Mage
    I was honestly very happy to see AP resets part of this event, like the summer one. As someone who needs 100+ resets (not an unusual number to come across), I'll take whatever I can get. The decrease in AP reset price was denied for some reason by the community, after all.

• Like Like x 1
  18. iLovKimberly

iLovKimberly Headless Horseman

Feb 23, 2017
    Male
    Malaysia
    10:04 AM
    Tsukishima/ItamiYouji
    Islander, Bishop
    Halcyon
    Too late Oahu, we (you) have to nag/remind the staff before the event is finish prepared. At least we learned a lesson and know what to do for the next event. All those discussion about how to balance between Islanders and Offlanders have to be done way earlier before the release of the event. If we don't remind them, they will just forget about it.

It is understandable that they can't do any changes anymore for this event.
    But I would expect polite and professional responses such as "Sorry it is too late, we can't make any changes anymore, it is too tedious work from this point onwards to make any further changes" instead of "I don't care enough to do it"

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Chew

Chew Headless Horseman

May 8, 2015
    Male
    4:04 AM
    Beginner
    I think your in the minority that don't like how the event turned out. Most people seem to like it.
    Just take a look at the amount of disagrees OP got.

• Like Like x 1
  20. iLovKimberly

iLovKimberly Headless Horseman

Feb 23, 2017
    Male
    Malaysia
    10:04 AM
    Tsukishima/ItamiYouji
    Islander, Bishop
    Halcyon
    I don't actually see a problem in how the event turn out. There is no way should non-islander content be compromised for islander content. It is too late to make any changes now, because from now on, any changes made to benefit islanders, will definitely affect non-islander a lot.

However, it is possible if we islanders communicate with staff way earlier before the event, then it is possible the event can be designed in such a way that it is good for everyone, good for islanders, without compromising non-islander content.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1