1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Resolved Maplelegends has stopped working after new update

Discussion in 'Technical Issues' started by specimen, Feb 21, 2023.

1. specimen

specimen Blue Snail

Feb 21, 2023
    Male
    9:16 PM
    Specimen
    F/P Mage
    After the updates on 2023.02.19, I'm experiencing error since new version on client.

First I tried downloading the patcher and overwrote to the previous folder. Then I erased it and downloaded the mirror version(google download), and then the mega version. In all three measures I am experiencing the same error : 'Maplelegends has stoppeed working'

I can get to the main login screen of the client. But the error message is shown either right after when i click the log-in button or when i stay idle on the in-game login screen(about less then a minute).

While I'm writing this thread, for the last measure, I tried setting the client to compatibility on Windows 95. And it worked... I have no idea what to say...

Well, if anybody is suffering from log-in errors after the lastest update, I'd like to recommend set your client(MapleLegends.exe) -> right click -> Properties -> Compatibility -> and try every compatibility modes(for me it's from windows 95 to windows 7).

2. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    2:16 PM
    Moderator Post
    Could you try restarting your PC? Make sure to turn off compatibility mode again because that's not it.

3. OP
    OP
    specimen

specimen Blue Snail

Feb 21, 2023
    Male
    9:16 PM
    Specimen
    F/P Mage
    I restarted with compatibility mode off but it doesn't work. Client is showing the same error.

• Like Like x 1
  4. lildanbrasil

lildanbrasil Red Snail

Feb 22, 2023
    Male
    9:16 AM
    Thief
    im having the same problem, after new patch the cliente goes full white screen and do not respond, after 1 or 2 minutes i get disconected, already try to switch of compatibility mode and run as administrator and nothing work. sometimes before get disconnected i can see some colors for a blink of an eye.

sorry for my bad english.

5. lildanbrasil

lildanbrasil Red Snail

Feb 22, 2023
    Male
    Thief
  6. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    2:16 PM
    Moderator Post
    so did you try restart your pc then?

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. lildanbrasil

lildanbrasil Red Snail

Feb 22, 2023
    Male
    Thief
    today the laucher dissapeard from my maplelegends folder, only the maplelegendscompressed is there...

i try to open the compressed one and the screen goes all white, and when the image to login shows its disconect.

i want to play this game so bad =/

8. creative

creative Mr. Anchor

Nov 2, 2019
    Male
    8:16 AM
    Have you downloaded the recent update (Rev 3)? It should fix the possible crashing.

9. lildanbrasil

lildanbrasil Red Snail

Feb 22, 2023
    Male
    Thief
    i do have the mapaplelegends20february2023rev3 launcher, i will try to install again

10. creative

creative Mr. Anchor

Nov 2, 2019
    Male
    8:16 AM
    Also make sure to make it an exclusion in Windows Defender since it's always been weird. Video linked below for you

11. lildanbrasil

lildanbrasil Red Snail

Feb 22, 2023
    Male
    Thief
    Still does't work...
    i just re-install and says the laucher is not compatible with my windows 10. The mushroom icon dissapeard and its just a black sheet insted...

the laucher in the folder c: maplelegendsHD - maplelegends.exe just dissapeard... i only have the compressed one....

Already give permision on windows defender
    already remove the windows 98 comaptible function
    Already restart the notebook
    already start as an administrator

It was working so fine before the patch... i just start few days before the patch =(

12. lildanbrasil

lildanbrasil Red Snail

Feb 22, 2023
    Male
    Thief
    i did all over again, now i have the propper laucher, with anti virus and windows defender exceptions, as an administrator, withou any compatibility with other windows, after restart the notebook and still white blank screen, and runtime error! program c:\maplelegendshd\maplelegends.exe abnormal program termination

i am almost giving up =( i am about 10 years without playng the game because i didn't like the new maplestory... im looking for a classic experience but its been some tuff days... 4 of them trying for hours to log in...

if any one have other idea please let me know, or i will give up =(

13. happyman911

happyman911 Blue Snail

Jul 9, 2022
    Male
    6:16 AM
    laketeal911
    Beginner
    sleepywood
    game also doesnt load for me since the update, ive tried everything above and nothing works.....

14. LoOliv

LoOliv Snail

Jul 1, 2018
    Female
    7:16 AM
    GothicMoon
    Magician
    It's the same for me, game not working since the last patch and already reinstalled it twice