1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing crashes with 'Unknown Error'? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Notice MapleLegends released for 6 years!

Discussion in 'MapleLegends Announcements' started by Kimberly, Apr 1, 2021.

Thread Status:
You must be a logged-in, registered member of this site to view further posts in this thread.
  1. Kimberly

Kimberly Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    7:06 AM
    Moderator Post
    Hello all,

Today marks the day MapleLegends is released for 6 years. It's still unbelievable sometimes to me that a project that initially was just a new home for ClassicMS / NobleStory became as big as it did.

Even back in 2014 were my thoughts and expectations for ML during its development:
    [​IMG]
    CMS = ClassicMS

6 years later... Well, guess it happened anyway, and I guess I did end up controlling it mostly. Of course, the adventure did definitely not go without pain and mistakes, but that's just the thing about every adventure; the bumpy roads and friends you meet along the way.

It goes without saying, but as I mentioned in a lot of my announcements, it couldn't be done if it wasn't for the amazing and hard-working staff members. I am definitely not doing it alone, and most of the work goes towards them, and their dedication.

For those that expect the Anniversary Event already, please expect it around the same time as last year. We are currently working on a massive update, as well as overhauling yet more code that is a mess thanks to structures our emulator is based on (OdinMS). One of the bigger projects now is related to all the buff masks, and if fixed, it will fix all the issues right now related to some skills, such as 3rd person paladin elementals not showing, Speed Infusion been jank, as well as bug fixes.

We are also working on fixes related to the client. However, details on those will be revealed during the patch date

I am currently working on a massive overhauling project when it comes to some maps. Ariant, as well as Magatia, have been completely overhauled, making the maps much less flat and boring, with teleporters added of course. Currently also started work on a different region as well. Hopefully, those maps will be used more often in the future.

We have also been in the talk on how we want to evolve MapleLegends further and see if we can improve MapleLegends based on the criticism the nature of the server receives over the past years, related to Leeching as well as Washing. However, as I mentioned many times before, making any kind of changes to either topic is a very difficult task on a 6 years old server, and it not happening in MapleLegends does not mean I like and encourage leech or wash meta.

Sometimes we do what is not visible. Did you notice the number of false bans is more or less gone? If you didn't, you may now suddenly go 'huh? Yeah, it's been a bit indeed.' and you are right. In the background, we have also fixed the false auto bans so that false bans do much less occur, while still having the 'No hackers' strength we do.

When it comes to me, I want to make it clear again that I have no plans to let MapleLegends go anytime soon, unless something happens that is out of my control :) MapleLegends is providing countless players enjoyment and friendship, that could otherwise no longer being experienced due to Old School MapleStory no longer officially existing, and I am happy to provide that missing hole for users as long I physically can.

Thank you all for being around, even if you are currently only reading this post. Remember that all of you are Legends!

~ MapleLegends Administration

• Friendly Friendly x 35
    • Great Work Great Work x 11
    • Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 3
Thread Status:
You must be a logged-in, registered member of this site to view further posts in this thread.