1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

mapowner timeouts and abuse of the system

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by carebu, Jul 27, 2020.

1. aaronis

aaronis Slimy

Jul 5, 2017
    Male
    5:43 AM
    Shadower
    Beaters
    can we have some more channels lol

• Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Lumina

Lumina Master Chronos

Jul 31, 2017
    Female
    NYC
    8:43 AM
    Night Lord
    BanStrike-1
    The real pre-Big Bang experience are ks wars where elitist guilds always win — please bring it back

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  3. OP
    OP
    carebu

carebu Brown Teddy

Jul 15, 2020
    Male
    8:43 AM
    carebu
    Dark Knight
    Elluelians
    I would love to see this implementation instead but I don't really know what the codebase is like for maplestory, what actions are easily referenceable and stuff. If I knew java and had experience in operating a server, I would contribute more to that discussion. Obviously, they can reference mob kills, so it should be possible to do this. Hopefully it wouldn't introduce any kind of bugs or exploits with good oversight... If it's on the table, I would much rather see a system like that implemented, and I think valuing certain actions besides just literally killing mobs should be a thing. Reward hard workers, don't reward afkers. The point I make, is that I want to see people have to be glued to the screen if they want to retain a map. I don't care if you want a break, other people also want to play and benefit from the best maps. The map economy should constantly shift. It shouldn't be held by one person for 10+ hours uncontestable. There's no reason for you to occupy a map while not even playing the game. There's only 8 instances of any map to utilize, and there's hundreds of players moving through the progression steps.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. Diziple

Diziple Pac Pinky

Jun 23, 2017
    Male
    8:43 PM
    HappyGuY
    Dragon Knight
    None
    I think the solution to this is to encourage people to explore off-meta maps, and you might probably find some hidden gems.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    Doesn't apply for the higher level content.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  6. Diziple

Diziple Pac Pinky

Jun 23, 2017
    Male
    HappyGuY
    Dragon Knight
    None
    That got shutdown real quick

The issue here is if you are willing to do it? I see many high level maps empty in the game & just that few meta maps full of peeps.

Coming out from my own perspective of things.

7. IHateApple

IHateApple Horny Mushroom

Dec 19, 2017
    IHateApple
    Dragon Knight
    You are not wrong, but the reality is people will always try to optimize their work. Meta maps are full is cause the exp/mesos return is good, other high level maps empty is cause the exp or mesos return is worse and ppl is just wasting their time using those map.

Just like freeway during peak hour, always traffic there but ppl still choose to use it instead of using local road.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  8. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    The deviation of average exp grows much larger in higher levels. The argument for moving to the next meta map doesn't apply for higher level content as well as it does for lower level content because the range of efficiency and viability is much larger.

• Like Like x 3
  9. PrettyLights

PrettyLights Timer

Oct 11, 2017
    What about only allowing a player to hold one map? Often you can find players in boss runs while their alt is holding a popular map, but not using the map.

10. Diziple

Diziple Pac Pinky

Jun 23, 2017
    Male
    HappyGuY
    Dragon Knight
    None
    And you will be back to the multi-clienting topic again.