1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

More OPQ improvements

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Lionheart, Nov 3, 2015.

1. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    9:51 AM
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    Right now, not many people want to OPQ. Here are the reasons why:

• It is time-consuming and a pain to form a party.
    • Exp/hr isn't too great either. Many people would rather grind.
    • The rewards are terrible.
    • There are no nearby training spots. It's a boatride just to do OPQ, then a boat ride back after the party inevitably breaks up.

We can't do anything about the 4th option, so it's really a matter of improving what you get from the party quest. Here's what we CAN do, though.

Make OPQ possible with as few as 5 people - not just 6.
    Since it's hard enough to form a party as it is, we might as well just allow them to be formed with 5 players. Sure there is a risk that one player dcing means the pq can't be done, but it's better than sitting around waiting, doing nothing.

Increase EXP gained.
    People just don't want to OPQ because of the travel and time spent trying to organize the party. It's simply a lot easier and faster to level by just grinding in Singapore their entire maple lives. I recommend increasing the mob exp by 2x or more, and the final pq clear to 140k or 150k.

Reduce number of feather of goddess needed, and improve the goddess's wristband.
    Because really, it's a bad glove for 40 pq runs. Rewards were specifically mentioned by Navi here, but right now it takes 40 feather of goddess for a glove with 5 slots, 1 magic attack, and 1 weapon attack. A yellow work glove with 1 int is a superior item for mages, and it is far more likely someone will wind up getting more watk from scrolling large numbers of plain work gloves. This is not to mention flamekeeper gordons or brown work gloves

Stop handing out garbage for rewards on final exit.
    Some choice rewards are 20 screws, 20 ores, and my personal favorite: 20 dexterity potions! This is absolute crap. And the worst thing is that players seem to consistently get these. KPQ and LPQ have far better rewards than this. Some sought-after scrolls, even 10% would be nice.

Signficantly increase diary page drop rates.
    The diary pages have been the main reason I've done OPQ. However, considering the hassle it is to form a party coupled with the fact that players are reluctant to do the PQ, and that it is so difficult to collect all 10 pages, the trouble spent doing the quest just isn't worth the rewards either. If was actually likely that several party members could collect all 10 pages after running the PQ 4-5 times, I think people would actually do this quest more and it would be another reason to do OPQ.

• Like Like x 17
  2. Nikki

Nikki Selkie Jr.

Apr 16, 2015
    Female
    10:51 AM
    Nikki
    Assassin
    Anything involving better rewards for pqing gets a +1 from me

• Like Like x 5
  3. Andy

Andy Horny Mushroom

Oct 28, 2015
    Male
    8:51 AM
    Blackberry
    Cleric
    Basic
    Party quests should ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS be a faster method to gaining EXP than grinding at their equivalent level range. The time it takes to set up a group, the effort put into successfully completing a run, and the coordination should be met with a greater reward than it is now. Considering Neckson completely ignores the party coordination factor in their games, it would be a huge improvement to the server to implement some of these changes. I think it would be absolutely memorable if Legends returned MapleStory to the point where we actually had to use "trackers" to get inside a PQ again.

Still, this should just be on a checklist of things to do later on after everything is at least functioning. I wouldn't support changing the dynamics of OPQ by requiring less party members or increasing RNG rates, but giving more incentive to form parties would pull the community together more.

4. OP
    OP
    Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    9:51 AM
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    The drop rate increase is necessary to make The Record of Goddess Minerva quest feasible. Right now, we're looking at around 20-30 pqs being done and only ONE person being able to complete that quest... assuming everyone pools all pages to that person. Again, for all that effort, it's not worth it. The only reason I'm trying so much is because I wanted to complete all quests on this character of mine.

5. Doap

Doap Mixed Golem

Jan 15, 2015
    Male
    11:51 AM
    Doap
    Hunter
    :less
    Im planning on doing the 100% questing thing too. My advice tho, some aren't worth it. Take the 99% and move on. Otherwise you'll be waiting around for months for things that might not even change.

6. Nikki

Nikki Selkie Jr.

Apr 16, 2015
    Female
    10:51 AM
    Nikki
    Assassin
    +306
    Buffed PQ's (item>exp) for more pqers, fuller FM, and to appease autistic quest addicts pls

7. BwanDit

BwanDit Motertert

May 8, 2015
    FM15
    3:51 PM
    BwanDit
    Shadower
    let us smuggle on opq!!!!!!111

8. Shrek

Shrek Capt. Latanica

Mar 30, 2015
    New Yawwwkkkkkk
    11:51 AM
    NurseJoy
    I think LPQ should also get a buff in rewards.
    I've gotten better stuff from KPQ!!

9. Number32

Number32 Skelegon Retired Staff

Jul 3, 2015
    Male
    The Netherlands
    4:51 PM
    Smores
    Bishop
    Demure
    I have done 40 KPQ's on my nib and haven't gotten one 10% OA Dex or INT FeelsBadMan

10. Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    All of Lionhearts suggestions please FoxLoveFoxF2FoxShy

11. phuatw

phuatw Red Snail

Oct 21, 2015
    Male
    11:51 PM
    Tengzilla
    Magician
    Thumbs up to this! Increase Exp matters the most right now

12. Fowski

Fowski Slime

Nov 9, 2015
    Male
    Japan
    12:51 AM
    Fowski
    Spearman
    Demure
    This basically. I love all dem PQs.

13. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    This is implemented next rev, however applied for all the PQ's. This means you will be able to do KPQ with 3 people, LPQ with 5, OPQ with 5, etc. The PQ's that technically can be done solo will have a min requirement of 3. As usual I do not give comment about all the other feedback given, since it may mislead to thoughts that my opinions outshine other while some stuff may still need to be discussed.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Number32

Number32 Skelegon Retired Staff

Jul 3, 2015
    Male
    The Netherlands
    Smores
    Bishop
    Demure
    Not sure if you meant to say KPQ with 3 people, but you've always needed 4 people for KPQ x]

15. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    If you can do KPQ with 3 people then 3 is what it will be.