1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

name changer

Discussão em 'Accepted' iniciada por mcvin, 26 Abril 2015.

1. mcvin

mcvin Mano

15 Abril 2015
    Masculino
    22:20
    will this option be added in the next patch? like ppl can just change their names but for the price of like 5k nx like similar to the price in gms.

2. NSFW

NSFW Skelegon

11 Dezembro 2014
    19:20
    NSFW
    it was 10k in GMS
    but i think it should be waaaaaaaay more expensive if it is implemented here.
    something like 100k or 150k.

3. Bulba

Bulba Skelegon Retired Staff

11 Dezembro 2014
    Masculino
    Singapore
    10:20
    There's been a couple of threads about this already. I think it is likely to end up as a donor purchase rather than in CS. Also I don't know if we should limit that (by making it more expensive or making it donor for example) because of identity reasons.

The name change and world change feature was also removed from GMS in the end (i don't know why), and I don't remember MSEA ever introducing name change coupons at all. Not sure about other servers.

4. NSFW

NSFW Skelegon

11 Dezembro 2014
    NSFW
    Not sure what you're talking about when you say identity reasons. If you want to pretend you're someone else, make a new character.

GMS ended up re-implementing the immigration and name change feature.

5. Bulba

11 Dezembro 2014
    Masculino
    Singapore
    Accumulate bad rep (like NSFW) for scamming/cheating/botting/hacking/being ugly/a dick or whatever, then change name (to something like LoliMilk) for example.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Stas.

Stas. Windraider

27 Março 2015
    Masculino
    Tel-Aviv, Israel
    05:20
    100k/150k for name change ?
    I would beat u hard if u were near me atm.
    U stop make shit comments about server beeing easy and just make it harder
    U no even playing the god damn game , and just shit around the fourm .
    Really im sick of u already..

Name change should be expensive around 30k , and it should be only be done by GM
    I mean a person buys the name change item , speak to a GM and the GM will name change him.
    Will make easier track of each other.

7. NSFW

NSFW Skelegon

11 Dezembro 2014
    NSFW
    yes
    big man
    how is constant double exp not easy? if you love being spoonfed so much go play extalia. you clearly don't understand numbers.
    i am on far more often than i thought i would be able to be. and being active on forum is not a bad thing
    not my problem
    30k? expensive? you get 5K NX each day, are you stupid?
    so you want to make the GM's job even harder? you're so inconsiderate.
    so are you just choosing not to understand that GMs are people and that they already have a shitload of work to do?

---

if you have personal issues with me, don't read my posts. it is that easy.
    if you think that they should stay at 10k or even 30k then you clearly haven't thought this through.
    if it's 30k then everyone would do it. That isn't even a week's worth of NX. 10k was expensive in GMS. 10k is not expensive here.
    why aren't you understanding this? i don't think you're stupid, so you must be doing it on purpose.

8. Stas.

Stas. Windraider

27 Março 2015
    Masculino
    Tel-Aviv, Israel
    Thats u having problems with me , u harsh all my comments.
    Anyways , u understand that 150k nx is a month of saving nx ?
    Name change not hurting any part of the econmy , why a person need to suffer for such amount of nx

9. NSFW

NSFW Skelegon

11 Dezembro 2014
    NSFW
    because if it was so cheap, EVERYONE would do it and that would be annoying as all hell. make it so hard to keep track of who is who.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Stas.

Stas. Windraider

27 Março 2015
    Masculino
    Tel-Aviv, Israel
    I mention before , Name change would be done by gms , and it can be limited for 1use for 1player , there no reason it be over 100k

11. NSFW

NSFW Skelegon

11 Dezembro 2014
    NSFW
    how is that better? read my edited comment.

12. Stas.

Stas. Windraider

27 Março 2015
    Masculino
    Tel-Aviv, Israel
    Because there no reason it get to hard to track others.
    We dont have kids playing that got a dumb name and change when they grow up or something
    99% of the people choice names for a reason and they pretty much like it.
    if the 1% part of the playerbase would like to name change he doesnt have to suicide economly by giving all his NX for name change

13. NSFW

NSFW Skelegon

11 Dezembro 2014
    NSFW
    right... except that's not how that works when name changes are essentially free.

14. Stas.

Stas. Windraider

27 Março 2015
    Masculino
    Tel-Aviv, Israel
    No 30k takes a weak to get.
    Nx here means economy stand , like a daily bonus of facebook poker f3
    So a person alraedy gives away a weak of gacha & outfits and future AP's / Rocks / WOD's
    So im sure 30k should be a nice amount.
    So make it even better track , they can change names by SC like old GMS did.
    Which means u can get 30k and buy the CS item but the name would be changed on next SC

15. Bulba

11 Dezembro 2014
    Masculino
    Singapore
    Chill please. I think Stas. has a point about GM recording name changes. This is to track who is who in case they need to refer to his past records for anything (past harrassment records, changes name and harrasses again). While they can probably already track IP and MAC, these can be changed, while IGN stays with you, and it is easier to check using IGNs if the records are there.

Shouldn't take them too long. It's just recording down some info in text or adding it to the DB etc.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Stas.

Stas. Windraider

27 Março 2015
    Masculino
    Tel-Aviv, Israel
    Thank u for some common sense bulba
    We shall let the topic get more ides.

17. Crafty

Crafty Pink Teddy

18 Janeiro 2015
    Masculino
    England
    03:20
    Kube
    Thief
    Dalmascus
    Right first of all, you both need to stop arguing. If you have a problem with a post, simply report it.

Secondly, I disagree that it should cost NX at all. Name changing is a special feature, and it's well deserved and can be a great thing to do. However, I think it should be a donor option simply because, you chose that name to begin with, and with a lot of games you have to pay to change it. I may be bias saying this but I believe it should be paid for here, in terms of donation. Through this you help two mediums, the server, and yourself.

Also, for logging name changes. I don't think the GM's should log this in a way. Through name changes I'm assuming a PHP script can be created that allows your old name to be shown under your ranking name, but in a smaller font/size, and greyed out. That way the information is available to all without having to pester the staff for the information.

18. Stas.

Stas. Windraider

27 Março 2015
    Masculino
    Tel-Aviv, Israel
    If it be be dontion item only it be Pay2win , Neckson had it for paying players as well

Last edited: 26 Abril 2015
  19. Bulba

11 Dezembro 2014
    Masculino
    Singapore
    Eh I was thinking the logging was for the GMs own private purpose, not necessarily have to be shown to all players. Of course, if they have a script to automatically do that, that'll be great.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Crafty

Crafty Pink Teddy

18 Janeiro 2015
    Masculino
    England
    03:20
    Kube
    Thief
    Dalmascus
    A name change is entirely cosmetic, how in the hell does that involve any advantage in game? Stas could you please think about what you're writing before you reply.

• Like Like x 3