1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

name changer

Discussion in 'Accepted' started by mcvin, Apr 26, 2015.

1. Stas.

Stas. Windraider

Mar 27, 2015
    Male
    Tel-Aviv, Israel
    7:48 AM
    On same coin i will ask u to think over about it again.
    Pay2win describe a item/change u can get only by PAYING.
    The consmetic items we got in out CS that cost donation points is fine , because players have elternatives as regular NX outfits.
    But people do not have elternative for name change if it be a donation item.

2. Crafty

Crafty Pink Teddy

Jan 18, 2015
    Male
    England
    5:48 AM
    Kube
    Thief
    Dalmascus
    I'm sorry but yet again...

Pay to win. The definition of paying real life currency to gain an advantage in a game that other players cannot have.
    This does not include cosmetics since they have no real effect on stats or playability.

As previously stated, and apologies for thinking calling you out on being a jackass in my last reply, if you choose the name to begin with. You better be happy with it. It's like saying..

'Oh I bought a house, but I don't like the kitchen, I'll BUY a new one.'

you can't just go up to your estate agent and say, I want a new fucking kitchen, because it wont happen.

See - http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=pay-to-win

3. OP
    OP
    mcvin

mcvin Mano

Apr 15, 2015
    Male
    12:48 AM
    LOL are u crazy? just to have a name change? your gonna wait 20 days? basically a month to change?

4. NSFW

NSFW Skelegon

Dec 11, 2014
    9:48 PM
    NSFW
    are you crazy? you think it should be cheap enough for people to name change every week? in GMS, how many people did you know who got a name change? for me it was one person, and it was a massive pain in the ass for that person and all of the friends. name change should be available but should be stupidly hard to get.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Bulba

Bulba Skelegon Retired Staff

Dec 11, 2014
    Male
    Singapore
    12:48 PM
    I think crafty's suggestion is good. If we keep it as NX for name change, it's hard to determine the correct amount. 10k-30k makes it possible for people to make multiple name changes (unless we limit them to 1 per character, not sure if code-able). more than 30k will restrict the number of times they can change but it's still very expensive for one name change. Easiest way is to make it donors. By making people pay actual money, they are more careful with choosing their names, and they won't change it at a whim unless they really really want to (because real money is involved). Additionally, this process may be limited to 1 or 2 changes per char.

I usually pick IGNs assuming I have to stick with it throughout. Most games don't offer IGN change, or they do at a hefty price. To me, IGN in a game is something you stay with for life, or rarely change. You're suppose to think hard about what you want and stick with it for life. Hence I would support the donor change if any.

6. Navi

Navi Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Developer Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    Male
    12:48 AM
    Moderator Post
    The main reason why it would most likely be a both a donor option and done manually is due to some of our internal player logging, where some of our logs are categorized by player names. In order to keep a consistent log, we would need to manually rename the file of a player who requested a name change.

7. Tech

Tech Dark Stone Golem

Apr 27, 2015
    6:48 PM
    Tech
    I/L Mage
    I agree with this. Choosing a name should be a well thought out process just like picking a class. Knowing that in order to change my name cost me $ IRL, I would think twice before choosing a name i didn't like in the first place.

• Like Like x 1
  8. DannyDanny

DannyDanny Stone Golem

Dec 13, 2014
    Male
    Singapore
    12:48 PM
    SpaceMan
    Dragon Knight
    Dalmascus
    I
    yeah, the name changing tool in GMS is just a marketing tactic for them to