1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Need help to decide I/L or Bishop

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Vibin, Aug 10, 2020.

1. Blache

Blache Brown Teddy

Jan 12, 2020
    Male
    7:34 PM
    Cleric
    It's subjective of course, but I prefer my leeching sessions to have as little mental engagement as possible. Most of the time I focus on other things (videos, podcasts, Discord etc.) while I'm leeching. Kicking and adding mules every 2 mins is more trouble than it's worth for me. SI every 5 mins was more tolerable.

As for gen 30 cost, I don't think the expense would matter too much in the end. There are multiple ways to fund it as a bish, given that you'd have access to both end-game bossing and more efficient leeching. It's entirely possible to run HT twice on both your bish and an attacker every day if you wanted to. AMs don't necessarily have that luxury unless they're quite powerful or have a dedicated group.

2. Shivering

Shivering Wolfspider

Mar 9, 2018
    3:34 PM
    Shivering
    I/L Arch Mage
    Math doesn't quite add up tbh. Your argument was that bishops make 6m more every 10 hours. That means just to fund the expected cost of gen 30 (230M) it would take you a bit over 380 hours at ulu2. This doesn't factor in that an arch mage will have started farming ulu2 20 levels before you while you were making less money at skeles. So if you completely ignore the extra 20 lvls the arch mage was farming at ulu2 for and only consider the 380 hours of game time it will take to fund gen 30 from the 6M extra you make an hour you will probably already have started 1 hitting petris and probably are close to 19x at that point. So at level 190, again if you ignore the fact that arch mage started grinding ulu2 20 levels earlier, and you ignore the fact that there are other maps besides ulu2 that will give you higher income, you will farm to 190 at ulu2 and bishop will have made more net income than arch mage.

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. Blache

Blache Brown Teddy

Jan 12, 2020
    Male
    Cleric
    That is providing you choose to fund your gen 30 purchase solely through leech. As I mentioned, offering your services to bossing parties is another viable method of doing so. And of course bossing remains an avenue for bishops to generate funds even after purchasing gen 30. AMs made expressly for the purpose of leeching don't really have the option to boss. In fact, I could argue that funding an attacker to run HT via your AM leech profits is a far greater investment than getting gen 30 and serviceable gear for a bish. But that's not the point. The discussion will never end if we get bogged down in external considerations. All I'm saying is that with all else being equal (same or comparable map, same MP, same mules), bishops make more money than AMs by leeching. And I'm not sure I follow the level 190 thing. Bishops grind Ulu 2 until 190? I'm probably misinterpreting what you've said, but bishops would start one hit skeles a few levels after AMs start one hit petris, no?

4. Shivering

Shivering Wolfspider

Mar 9, 2018
    Shivering
    I/L Arch Mage
    discussion is getting sidetracked. The whole point of OP’s post was so he could leech himself with whatever char he made whether that be bishop or AM. The better option will always be AM in the context of what he is asking.

5. Blache

Blache Brown Teddy

Jan 12, 2020
    Male
    Cleric
    To be fair, OP did ask about selling leech as well. And I wouldn't say AMs are better for low-level mobs as far as self leeching goes. In the end, it's probably a good idea to make both a bishop and an AM.

6. cakesogood

cakesogood Windraider

Oct 2, 2017
    Male
    Japan
    6:34 AM
    Demun, kokushibo
    Hero
    Honor
    arch mage n hs mule
    pros
    -requires much less magic to 1 shot high level mobs(drop good npc gear)
    - needing less magic = less initial funds required to leech in high lvl maps.dont have to invest in godly mage gears,mw 20,gen 30 to 1 shot.
    -easier to level when get your map clear skill cuz u 1 shot high level mobs faster
    - easier levelling early game if u know the training spots
    -make more money per hr faster
    -can make good money while u level up fast.
    can freeze shaolin mobs(end game grinding map) if your i/l making leeching a breeze.

cons
    have to make a hs mule
    have to multi client
    mana cost double of bishops.
    nobody wants you in bossing.
    solo player class
    ————————————————
    bishop
    pros
    -a lot ppl will want you for bossing
    -dont have to make 2 chars
    -dont have to multi client.
    -start making more mesos leeching in long run due to lower mana costs

cons
    -nobody will buy your skele leech while you grind for levels to 2/1 hit.
    -forced to sell low lvl leech for funds.
    -while your selling low lvl leech, your arch mage buddy is selling high lvl leech and lvling a shit ton faster ten u.
    -arch mage buddy also makes shit ton more mesos then u at the start
    -requires a lot of funds to 1 shot skeles.
    -best u can sell high lvl leech as early game bishop with decent equips is 2 hit skeles, but why would i buy 2 hit skeles if i can buy 1hit petris or 1hit skele instead???

-requires big investment for gen 30, mw 20. You’re gona have a hard time selling high lvl leech without funds.unless your lvl 170+

-cant 1 shot ulu maps early unless you have godly gears or high leveled

-got hard nerfed recently LMAO
    si does not work anymore on gensis,epm much worse for 2 hits.
    - stuck in skeles for life
    - too low dmg for shaolin mobs.

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. Shivering

Shivering Wolfspider

Mar 9, 2018
    Shivering
    I/L Arch Mage
    This is a pretty good pro/con list, but I'll make a few corrections to it.

2 hit skeles actually has the best exp/meso ratio in the game so it is quite easy to get buyers and there's plenty of reason to choose it over 1 hit petri and 1 hit skele (it's cheaper per 1 mil exp). SI nerf doesn't effect 2 hit epm at all since almost no one that sells 2 hit skele leech used an SI mule. The SI mule was more of a nerf to the 1 hit sellers who were able to cast 3 times on the 1 hit skele map before respawn (now they can only cast 2 times). Late game bishops are also not stuck at skeles for life and can do shaolin with proper gear/funding if they want to do it since you only need to be able to 3 hit silvers and you will close to the optimum exp from the map.