1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

New and choosing my class

Discussion in 'Help & Advice' started by Alonp600, Jun 11, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Alonp600

Alonp600 Pac Pinky

Jun 6, 2017
    Male
    3:23 PM
    Beginner, Camper
    So hay there!
    Im kind a new player in maplelegends and i want to open a warrior but i cant decide between hero or dk. I have only 2m for now so what do you think is better for me?
    And someone told me to do warrior with 50 dex, and my question is how i can get accuracy with only 50 dex?

• Like Like x 1
  2. Chew

Chew Headless Horseman

May 8, 2015
    Male
    2:23 PM
    Beginner
    I decided to go hero when I joined 2 months ago. I went with 60 Dex, and I almost got enough money now to buy gear for 120 dex so I can use the stone tooth.

In terms of fun, all I can say is I'm enjoying my fighter right now :) decent damage, I can follow my mate granberg who's a bit higher level than me.

3. Leafs

Leafs Slime

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    I would say between these two - probably dk, because of being more wanted in parties. Heroes are also not that fun (in my opinion), and feel a bit repetitive. (in my opinion.)

However if you ask me, if Paladin was on the option list for you, I'd go with that. They're very unique and interesting!

4. Sucre

Sucre Zakum

Apr 21, 2015
    Male
    Argentina
    9:23 AM
    Sucre
    Dark Knight
    Horny
    Dks require hp washing if you want to deal any sort of decent damage in 4th job, heroes don't.

• Like Like x 2
  5. cscpx

cscpx Timer

May 17, 2017
    Toronto, Canada
    8:23 AM
    cscpx
    Priest
    Animals
    Maybe read up on their skills and abilities and do what you feel is most appealing to you !

Either way, you should decide for you :)

6. Midnight

Midnight Skelegon

Jan 2, 2015
    Midnight/TheMorrigan
    Dragon Knight, Assassin
    WeenieHutJrs
    DK all the way, if HP washing.
    If you decide to HP wash, get like +30 int from equips from making a mage first.
    Fighter, I think is more boring but not agonizing because you are still wanted in bosses and you can grind on literally anything..

Last edited: Jun 12, 2017
  7. Qanu

Qanu Stone Golem

May 16, 2016
    Male
    Netherlands, EU
    HammerSlam
    White Knight
    GodDuckness
    If you don't bother using a shield and have a nice attack range go spearman.
    Shields can be scrolled with w.att scrolls but 1h weapons tend to have a lack of range. Also, rage is not a really good buff since there are plenty potions that replace the buff.
    But it's your choice if you wanna have more useful party buffs or rather good damage early on. Both are good dmgers on the long run but spearman have to HP wash, if not then you'll be constant on the verge of death to deal a good amount of pain.

8. Chew

Chew Headless Horseman

May 8, 2015
    Male
    Beginner
    How does people survive the months of nx drought when hp washing? Making money Is hard enough already as a warrior.

• Like Like x 1
  9. deribou

deribou Skelegon

Nov 17, 2015
    liesdotcom
    Marksman
    just like in GMS when you didn't have nx i suppose PogChamp

• Like Like x 2
  10. Chew

Chew Headless Horseman

May 8, 2015
    Male
    Beginner
    In gms I could have just typed out daddy's credit card info :whistling:

Edit: oh you mean like before we got nx?
    Why would you wash back then, there wasnt any reason to.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2017
  11. Qanu

Qanu Stone Golem

May 16, 2016
    Male
    Netherlands, EU
    HammerSlam
    White Knight
    GodDuckness
    It's never too late to wash. As a warrior you don't really wash much. As much as I wanna give a solid answer. All you can do is test your luck and hope for some good drops. Knowing what mob drops good scrolls might help.

12. Chew

Chew Headless Horseman

May 8, 2015
    Male
    Beginner
    As a spearman you do wash alot. If you want reach your damage potential.

13. James M

James M Mixed Golem

Apr 9, 2017
    Male
    Texas
    7:23 AM
    GosuDesu
    Buccaneer
    TreeHouse
    Everyone here is recommending DK's and warrior class. I'm going to be biased, but buccaneers are a really solid pick if you're not wealthy.
    1) You don't need to wash.
    Yes, you'll have +50 hp gain per level (+20 additional if washing). Without washing, you'd have around 6k hp by the time you are level 120 or 125. I just started washing at level 110 and I'm around 7100 hp.
    2) Does not cost much to have moderate damage
    Knuckles have the highest damage multiplier (2.00x) and crazy scaling abilities (Corkscrew punch/Energy Pulse 420% for example). Cheap equipment and mastery books.
    3) Great skills and easy farming from Lv.10-120
    You get aoe and single target spells, tons of stun, and mobility; Speed Infusion and Time Leap (4th job skills)

Some cons:
    Weak DPS all around.
    Requires many mobs for abilities to have significant impact (Bossing sucks with low level barrage/demo or lack of either spells)
    Unlikely to be asked for parties from level 70-119 because no support skills (except just pure aoe damage)

Tl;dr melee classes require less funding than ranged in general.

• Like Like x 2
  14. James M

James M Mixed Golem

Apr 9, 2017
    Male
    Texas
    7:23 AM
    GosuDesu
    Buccaneer
    TreeHouse
    Warrior wise, hero looks really fun to play with some good mobility and stuns.
    DK just popular in general, people will beg you to for parties :)

15. Leafs

Leafs Slime

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    Like I stated in the beginning, I think if he picks a Paladin it'd make him unique, and not just another hero / dk, etc.

That is if he cares about being unique. But I do care about uniqueness because it can make you appear better in a crowd of players, etc. Like, players don't just think "oh well another hero / dk", etc., they see a paladin and they think, "wow, a paladin. haven't seen that in a while".

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. Siggy

Siggy Slimy

Jun 12, 2017
    Male
    California
    5:23 AM
    I'd definitely go with a DK.