1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Normal LUK, Low LUK or LUKless mage??

Discussion in 'Help & Advice' started by ReiSama, Jun 15, 2017.

Which type of mage should I be (as a Cleric)?

1. Normal LUK, enough to wear all equips

13 vote(s)
    17.3%
  2. Low LUK (I already have about 24 sooo..)

16 vote(s)
    21.3%
  3. LUKless, for the poweeeerrrr!!

46 vote(s)
    61.3%
  1. ReiSama

ReiSama Red Snail

Jun 11, 2017
    Female
    4:39 PM
    Yumemi
    Magician
    So I'm planning on making a Cleric because they've always seemed like fun! But I have no idea what to do about stats D=
    I'm so used to modern maple where you don't really need to worry about stats anymore- 1 AP reset scroll resets all the points and it doesn't require much thought. You no longer need LUK to wear mage equips either. When I played pre-bb I had no idea what I was doing then either, lol. So please help!

From what I've read, the main benefit of a LUKless mage is higher damage? I don't have money for scrolls so this would be helpful... but do they have much lower defense?
    I did want to wear fancy mage equips but they're soooo expensive too ^^''

Does anyone have any more pros and cons for me? And does being a Cleric affect this in any way?
    Thank you~ <3

2. deribou

deribou Skelegon

Nov 17, 2015
    11:39 AM
    liesdotcom
    Marksman
    luckless is almost certainly the way to go. This is because there are luckless weapons all the way until level 130.

the only two advantages to luck mages is that you can wear mage clothing, and that heal does more damage as a luck mage (heal has a damage multiplier that works with both luck and int supposedly, from what I heard from another server). Everything else favours luckless.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    9:39 AM
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    lukless mage does get way higher damage, as well as more MP. There's also the added benefit of less frequent equipment upgrades. When you DO get upgrades, they're actually pretty significant and make you way stronger.

• Like Like x 1
  4. OP
    OP
    ReiSama

ReiSama Red Snail

Jun 11, 2017
    Female
    4:39 PM
    Yumemi
    Magician
    Thanks for the tips guys ^^ I hear you should get the Sauna Robe if you're Lukless, is there a better armour after that? Because won't you be very vulnerable at higher levels otherwise?

5. deribou

deribou Skelegon

Nov 17, 2015
    liesdotcom
    Marksman
    weapon defense and magic defense is not very useful unless you get large amounts of it, so the defense is not really the problem.

mages have magic guard which more than makes up for it (take 80% of damage recieved as damage to mp), and clerics get invincible and bless as well

6. Samus

Samus Dark Stone Golem

May 15, 2015
    Female
    Samus
    Marksman
    When making a mage, remember the ABCs:
    Always
    Be
    luCkless

• Like Like x 1