1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Notice about aggro changes

Discussion in 'Update Notes' started by Kimmy, Nov 26, 2017.

1. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    2:39 AM
    Moderator Post
    Hello,

Around 2015 there were aggro changes made in reflect of this topic. This caused since then a few issues such as aggro not properly updating (which was purpose of the change to begin with), and a few aggro abuse specific bugs.

Back in those days we were using a VPS and not as great server as now when it comes to the physical server.

The reason of the change was because when duoing example Bigfoot, it slides all over the place if multiple people were to attack it (worse if 1 of the people lag), which sometimes caused the Bigfoot to slide into an enemy or friend.

Recently, I've figured out where the aggro changes were done, so after some testing in Tespia re-enabling what was disabled seems to bring aggro back to how it was in 2015.

This notice is made to give an preparation that I want give the old aggro another test run next revision.

This means that a lot of aggro specific things will be different again, and we were not able to test literally everything, but its very possible its identical again as it was in 2015, but its also possible its still slightly different.

However, the tests we did made things like pinning anego with multiple characters possible again, and we tested a bit around at gobys. Things like Horntail were not tested yet. If I remember Horntail 2015 right the aggro was based on who entered first and whatnot. This may be again how it will work on this test run

So what is the test run for?

The test run is to see if the sliding is still a huge issue, or if it was just bad because we were still on a very cheap VPS. If things are still pretty horrible, its possible the aggro change will be reverted back to how it is right now. We'll just have to see.

Hopefully this is enough physical preparation on this change so you'll not be surprised. We also hope that the testing we did in test server were no coincidence, so hope the change actually changed anything!

We'll let you know in a future restart/maintenance topic when the change is applied.

Thanks!

Last edited: Nov 26, 2017
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Unlucky

Unlucky Mr. Anchor

Aug 8, 2015
    Male
    Australia
    10:39 AM
    Unlucky / Babez
    Project
    NEWTS PogChamp

• Informative Informative x 2
  3. Sam_Vosh

Sam_Vosh Capt. Latanica Retired Staff

Jan 24, 2015
    Female
    Somewhere over a fictional rainbow
    SamVosh
    Bowmaster
    Halcyon
    The Aggro target of Horntail is based on the order of people who entered. The last to enter is the target. Then the second last and so on and on and on. However, I do have one question.

Will all parts of Horntail now finally all auto aggro?

• Like Like x 1
  4. Heartiess

Heartiess Guest

1:39 AM
    Please test newties before you forget, if its acceptable, please mention it, since the leech there was amazing (not much less than skeles but you could basically just hold down genesis and watch netflix like you do at gs2)

Pinning anego would be considered abuse?

5. OP
    OP
    Kimmy

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    Hm? Pinning is part of the game

If by newbties you mean that 1 person stand on a platform which makes the newbties not attack, that's part of freezing a mob which is now in ToS.

6. Fishy

Fishy Skelegon Retired Staff

Apr 8, 2017
    Male
    5:39 PM
    Eiji
    Dark Knight
    Beaters
    i was wondering about that newties. i seen a demure video where they just stood there and Genesied. so i get to try it and i got knockde down nonstop...

7. Heartiess

Heartiess Guest

This was before the aggro changes. Now that the aggro changes will be switched back to that they were before, what demure was doing in the video would be considered aggro abuse and against the rules.

^ this

8. Hyoon

Hyoon Zakum Retired Staff

Dec 1, 2015
    8:39 PM
    Bosses should remain the same when you are soloing.
    But the pin agro should drop when the person stops and another one attacks. However while testing there were a few times where the boss would slightly slide, but not to the speed that you may experience in the live server.
    I would advise players who tend to duo bosses such as anego or bigfoot to be attentive to the sliding.

As for training map agro it was based on entry of the map if i remember correctly and only to mobs that would attack you regardless of whether you attacked them or not. (Newts, gobies, nependeath). Please note that any attempts to freeze the mobs agro to allow attackers not to be hit will be considered bug abuse and be dealt accordingly.

As for horntail, the main seduce should be reverted back to the original entry based method. The agro that causes ht to not attack when main agro is too far away should be gone too, and should attack accordingly.

9. Ghost.

Ghost. Nightshadow

Sep 12, 2015
    Male
    USA
    Ghost/Reclaimer
    Night Lord
    Project
    Why not fix the aggro issues instead of having rules against abusing it? You're acknowledging its an unintentional bug and instead of correcting it you're just banning people for abusing it. Doesn't really make sense.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. OP
    OP
    Kimmy

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    Because some of the aggro bugs were also present in the official game, making fixing them not as easy.

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. Sam_Vosh

Sam_Vosh Capt. Latanica Retired Staff

Jan 24, 2015
    Female
    Somewhere over a fictional rainbow
    SamVosh
    Bowmaster
    Halcyon
    Please note, only applies to the arms of Horntail.

12. Ghost.

Ghost. Nightshadow

Sep 12, 2015
    Male
    USA
    Ghost/Reclaimer
    Night Lord
    Project
    What about the one where whoever enters the map last gets aggro? That happens in basically all maps I believe, but is most notable in newts and gobies. Is it not possible to fix that?

13. OP
    OP
    Kimmy

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    This should now be applied already due to earlier unexpected server restart.

14. Unlucky

Unlucky Mr. Anchor

Aug 8, 2015
    Male
    Australia
    10:39 AM
    Unlucky / Babez
    Project
    What if you're grinding or farming at newts and someone enters your map to freeze the mobs so you cant grind without indirectly abusing agro?. Do you have to just give up your channel? what if a person keeps following you? are we going to see harassment bans to people for simply being on the same map as you?

IMO FIX THIS SHIT or let people freeze newts. It's not like its a big deal anyway. Newts exp is sooooooooo shit compared to skele or petri that freezing the mobs doesn't even put you at an advantage over people grinding on end game maps, and it's not even close.

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. Fishy

Fishy Skelegon Retired Staff

Apr 8, 2017
    Male
    5:39 PM
    Eiji
    Dark Knight
    Beaters
    gotcha. thank you guys :D so i cant go to newts and do that after patch correct?

16. Heartiess

Heartiess Guest

Exactly. U cant c:

17. iChecco

iChecco Slimy

Jun 21, 2015
    My House
    LegoIas
    Bowmaster
    Demure
    HT is funnier with random seduces OnionYawn

18. kalash

kalash Headless Horseman

Oct 18, 2016
    Male
    Kalash
    Night Lord
    Halcyon
    This patch is lovely with all the boss teleports. Bigfoot, HH, Alishar and a the others finally gained their 2nd mage job. Who doesn't love surprise hugs?

19. BowJob

BowJob Horny Mushroom

May 9, 2015
    Male
    Leicester, UK
    BowJob
    Bowmaster
    i think bf has a crush on me.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. OP
    OP
    Kimmy

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    Aggro will most likely be reverted next restart or when Christmas Event starts.

• Like Like x 1